• Last Updated:
  • Jan 26th, 2021 7:47 pm
Jul 23, 2009
570 posts
365 upvotes
Brampton, ON
RCGA wrote: What does this mean? The group buy is a white label desk and not the Ryzer?
group by is for progressive solo ryzer. All i'm saying is that the solo ryzer is not their in house product, but sourced from other manufacturer.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2008
4750 posts
1271 upvotes
desi_mtl_dude wrote: group by is for progressive solo ryzer. All i'm saying is that the solo ryzer is not their in house product, but sourced from other manufacturer.
But the Solo Ryzer is the only "normal" desk they sell. Where are the solo non-Ryzers?
Let's hug it out
Oct 28, 2020
65 posts
9 upvotes
desi_mtl_dude wrote: https://www.reddit.com/r/StandingDesk/c ... /?sort=new

someone who has the desk can confirm the manufacturer name on control box.
I read through most of the thread, seems for Canada, OP recommends the Haworth desk.
https://store-ca.haworth.com/collection ... 1557787799

Anyone have thoughts on this? It's a fair bit more expensive than the Progressive group buy or Primecables.
Mar 2, 2017
818 posts
1444 upvotes
Toronto
Hi, I am looking to get a standing desk that's of decent quality. Ikea is sold out, Amazon seems a hit or a miss, not sure about wayfair and quality.

I am leaning towards a manual desk, but open to electric as well. Feel like the less complicated it is the less chance of failure. Open to suggestions.

Can anyone recommend something that I can get locally or delivered by mid next week?
Realtor, Investor, CPA
Jul 23, 2009
570 posts
365 upvotes
Brampton, ON
CDNMutant wrote: I read through most of the thread, seems for Canada, OP recommends the Haworth desk.
https://store-ca.haworth.com/collection ... 1557787799

Anyone have thoughts on this? It's a fair bit more expensive than the Progressive group buy or Primecables.
yes it is.
I would put Haworth above progressive any day due to their size and presence in office market.
however, i did pickup a prime cables one. its about half price of Haworth,
Progressive was a contender, but the current group buy has a tentative end date and I needed something quicker.
ordered the PC desk on Nov 6 and was delivered in 2 weeks.
Nov 17, 2015
201 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto, ON
desi_mtl_dude wrote: yes it is.
I would put Haworth above progressive any day due to their size and presence in office market.
Progressive was a contender, but the current group buy has a tentative end date and I needed something quicker.
How do you find prime cable ones? I mean Progressive is just sourced from China anyways, so I don't know if it's worth the slight premium tag. (according to a standing desk seller on reddit)
Oct 28, 2020
65 posts
9 upvotes
desi_mtl_dude wrote: yes it is.
Thanks for sharing, thinking I'll wait to see if any better Black Friday deals from Autonomous. If not, likely will go with the Progressive group buy!
Jul 23, 2009
570 posts
365 upvotes
Brampton, ON
SodaStats wrote: How do you find prime cable ones? I mean Progressive is just sourced from China anyways, so I don't know if it's worth the slight premium tag. (according to a standing desk seller on reddit)
its pretty new for me to give a full review. It looks OK for now
I have seen people give positive reviews on RFD .
even the price cables one is rebranded. i think its timotion rebranded.

TBH, everything is sourced from china, each seller has their own quality control and what product they get from china.
Jul 23, 2009
570 posts
365 upvotes
Brampton, ON
CDNMutant wrote: Thanks for sharing, thinking I'll wait to see if any better Black Friday deals from Autonomous. If not, likely will go with the Progressive group buy!
this is what i tried to make for myself. a small chart , pricing and sizes .
and tried to see what the best price with any coupons
Images
  • desk.png
Oct 28, 2020
65 posts
9 upvotes
desi_mtl_dude wrote: this is what i tried to make for myself. a small chart , pricing and sizes .
and tried to see what the best price with any coupons
that's beautiful, great little reference chart!
Dec 25, 2019
98 posts
17 upvotes
Steeles, ON
I ended up with the Prime cables table for 299 deal. I think best value even at a sightly higher price ($340).

Unlike some other tables this one goes down low, which is important for people shorter than 6ft.

For table tops there is a RFD user grilw in the BST section with good options for good prices (better than ikea for similar price).

Good luck everyone.
Oct 28, 2020
65 posts
9 upvotes
yojowo wrote: I ended up with the Prime cables table for 299 deal. I think best value even at a sightly higher price ($340).

Unlike some other tables this one goes down low, which is important for people shorter than 6ft.

For table tops there is a RFD user grilw in the BST section with good options for good prices (better than ikea for similar price).

Good luck everyone.
Can you link the BST thread?
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2008
2523 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone purchased or have input on structube lift top tables? $50 for 120cm and $60 for 160cm. How they compare to Ikea and other places for tabletop?
Jan 21, 2017
859 posts
258 upvotes
Sarutobi883 wrote: Loving it! The lumbar and head rest support are comfy.
How’s your butt? I mean seat cushion. I’m always skeptical of thin mesh cushions lol
Jun 16, 2020
24 posts
23 upvotes
DPR2017 wrote: How’s your butt? I mean seat cushion. I’m always skeptical of thin mesh cushions lol
Hahaha, excellent question! My butt doesn’t get sore and I can sit on it for a long period of time. But with all chairs, it’s good to stand up and stretch or walk around. Hence, you’re looking for a standup desk! Overall, I recommend it.
Aug 22, 2017
82 posts
27 upvotes
jaayLO wrote: I sent an email to MotionGrey and the CSR responded with:

Thanks for your email. Our sales team will be deciding these offers and will keep our customers updated through website or emails.
Looking like motiongrey are having fake prices as black friday sales, very disappointed