• Last Updated:
  • Sep 19th, 2020 2:17 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2009
1990 posts
585 upvotes
Ottawa
Been over a month and MotionGrey still has not given me a refund. Multiple emails back and forth with "Ali", but looks like they're just playing games now.

On the bright side, I noticed that PrimeCables 3 segment dual motor now has a 3 year warranty.
Mar 21, 2016
73 posts
75 upvotes
Vietlord wrote: Been over a month and MotionGrey still has not given me a refund. Multiple emails back and forth with "Ali", but looks like they're just playing games now.

On the bright side, I noticed that PrimeCables 3 segment dual motor now has a 3 year warranty.
Time to call your bank and chargeback
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
48514 posts
5560 upvotes
Toronto
Vietlord wrote: Been over a month and MotionGrey still has not given me a refund. Multiple emails back and forth with "Ali", but looks like they're just playing games now.

That's inexcusable.. I notice primecables has rounded feet whereas progressivedesk has squared feet.
Feb 13, 2012
258 posts
124 upvotes
Greater Sudbury
So the consensus if you want a tabletop included is either autonomous or motiongrey?
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
48514 posts
5560 upvotes
Toronto
jokerswild1 wrote: So the consensus if you want a tabletop included is either autonomous or motiongrey?
Looking at MG prices, $130 for 60x30 i'd rather buy IKEA Linnmon for $50. They're basically the same in the sense that it's not solid wood and made up of some kind of particleboard or laminated top.

I wouldn't get a table top from them at $100+ prices, you can buy the frame and get a top cheaper elsewhere. IKEA, Lowes Acacia, to name a couple if you're looking for budget/value oriented table top.

Common to see table tops get damaged during transit at least with IKEA you can go pick it up and it'll be damage free. Heck head to the as is section and you might find a slightly dinged up table top for even cheaper.
Nov 28, 2009
640 posts
557 upvotes
Pickering
I received my 3 segment standard size desk today from MotionGrey. Upon assembly I noticed the holes for one of the legs didn't line up, so can't continue. I've contacted Support, did anyone else run into this issue?
Nov 28, 2009
640 posts
557 upvotes
Pickering
Jimboski wrote: Got a picture?
Here are the pictures I sent to support.
I tried switching the leg the other way, and on the other side the holes didnt line up. I took the good leg and places it on the other side and holes line up well. So it's just that one leg that has the problem.
Images
  • 20200703_222458.jpg
  • 20200703_222400.jpg
Nov 28, 2009
640 posts
557 upvotes
Pickering
Just wanted to update, I received a response from Ali informing they will be shipping me a new leg, I hope the holes line up.
Jun 14, 2020
5 posts
5 upvotes
Just assembled my fully jarvis standing desk with a 72''x30'' solid maple wood top made by @Jimboski.
Images
  • IMG_1320.jpg
  • IMG_1321.jpg
Oct 6, 2005
382 posts
108 upvotes
Montreal
ryan914 wrote: Just assembled my fully jarvis standing desk with a 72''x30'' solid maple wood top made by @Jimboski.
Hi @ryan914 , did you pay shipment? I checked their page, it seems around $62+tax for shipping.
Sep 9, 2004
515 posts
64 upvotes
ryan914 wrote: Just assembled my fully jarvis standing desk with a 72''x30'' solid maple wood top made by @Jimboski.
Nice table top and cable management there. Also some cute bunnies.
Jun 14, 2020
5 posts
5 upvotes
wildhuman wrote: Hi @ryan914 , did you pay shipment? I checked their page, it seems around $62+tax for shipping.
Yes, I did. The best discount I found was the 5% email sign up.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2006
5366 posts
815 upvotes
Got my standing desk frame from @Jimboski Progressive Group Buy. Thanks again for organizing and arranging for pickup.

Moved my hardware onto the table; I'll need to figure out cable management over the next few days.

Just a quick review for those who are on the fence for Progressive:
- I was a bit skeptical prior to ordering because the company was unknown and there weren't many (if any) reviews.
- After setting it up and levelling the feet, it's quite stable. I only get a hint of front/back rocking when i purposely try, which is not a noticeable. There's barely any side-to-side wobble, but again that's only if i try to sway it.
- Setting up is pretty straight forward; 10 screws for each legs, 4 on the centre frame, 7 wood screws from frame to tabletop
- Black frame is matte powder coated

Oct 6, 2005
382 posts
108 upvotes
Montreal
ryan914 wrote: Yes, I did. The best discount I found was the 5% email sign up.
Thanks. But I even don't get sign up coupon.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)

Bleutea