Standing Desk Deals

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 26th, 2024 8:42 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
3482 posts
3868 upvotes
Antarctica
Motiongrey at $350 vs prime cables at $299? Which one would be a better option?

Or should I wait for a deal for effydesk / Ikea idasen? My most important concern is reliability of the product and sturdiness / wobble resistant.
Dec 17, 2018
488 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto, ON
X4xtraordinary wrote: Count me in for the frame
Crichtonfan wrote: Motiongrey at $350 vs prime cables at $299? Which one would be a better option?

Or should I wait for a deal for effydesk / Ikea idasen? My most important concern is reliability of the product and sturdiness / wobble resistant.
same here was debating between prime and motion. I think I will pass on prime, as I saw there are a noticeable amount of reviews on their site complaining about the wobbling issues. Now I am am debating if I place an order now or wait for a better deal lol
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
3482 posts
3868 upvotes
Antarctica
kyoxxx wrote: same here was debating between prime and motion. I think I will pass on prime, as I saw there are a noticeable amount of reviews on their site complaining about the wobbling issues. Now I am am debating if I place an order now or wait for a better deal lol
Well I ended up placing an order for the prime one and will see how it goes. Hopefully I don’t get a lemon as most of their issues seem to stem from bad QC. Also the fact we bought a kids table and chair combo a while back from prime cables and it seems to have been holding out well without any thing breaking.

The reason I didn’t go with motiongrey were the posts here about bad or non existent customer service. Why pay $50 more then.

If this doesn’t work out I’ll probably only buy from progressive group buys or shell out extra and get an IKEA staden. I have hopes this will work though lol.
Dec 17, 2018
488 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Crichtonfan wrote: Well I ended up placing an order for the prime one and will see how it goes. Hopefully I don’t get a lemon as most of their issues seem to stem from bad QC. Also the fact we bought a kids table and chair combo a while back from prime cables and it seems to have been holding out well without any thing breaking.

The reason I didn’t go with motiongrey were the posts here about bad or non existent customer service. Why pay $50 more then.

If this doesn’t work out I’ll probably only buy from progressive group buys or shell out extra and get an IKEA staden. I have hopes this will work though lol.
Good luck!! Hope they will send you a solid one :)
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
3482 posts
3868 upvotes
Antarctica
kyoxxx wrote: Good luck!! Hope they will send you a solid one :)
I’ll post initial and after some time thoughts about it for sure. The more data the better for all of us.
Aug 16, 2013
624 posts
309 upvotes
Toronto
I placed an order for Primecables $299 Dual Stage too. Fingers crossed.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
4007 posts
1352 upvotes
Scarborough
Recently bought this desk from Fitueyes: https://www.fitueyes.com/products/fenge ... d-s48101wb

The white colour came to $286 CAD after conversion.

I previously had purchased a Fitueyes TV stand from Amazon and was impressed with the quality, so decided to give them a chance.

I don't have a lot to compare to, but man, I am loving this desk! It's actually made by a company called Fenge, but again quality feels sturdy. Hope it lasts.

I didn't want to go through the hassle of buying a primecables stand and Ikea tabletop, and needed something quickly, and this fit the bill. Very happy at under $300.
Aug 27, 2017
20 posts
9 upvotes
I've been looking for a cheap L-shaped standing desk and following this thread for a while and have never seen this one mentioned:

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B082BHWCRW/?co ... _lig_dp_it

I wouldn't expect it to be anywhere near the quality of the Motion Grey or Autonomous desks, but it's also only $450.
I don't normally put too much faith in Amazon reviews but with >5000 reviews on Amazon.ca and 7500 on Amazon.com, surely if something was wrong it wouldn't be at >4.5 stars?

Could this be a diamond in the rough?
Sep 28, 2021
1 posts
Newly signed up user… is the MTL group but still open and in need of another!? How do I PM? Lol
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2007
1838 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto
Sorry, i went through a few pages of this thread but too much to go through, any deals out there for a standing desk, looking for a white one for the wife, primarily a decent size to fit 2 monitors and laptop. Thank you
Mar 31, 2004
218 posts
39 upvotes
BrianJai wrote: Sorry, i went through a few pages of this thread but too much to go through, any deals out there for a standing desk, looking for a white one for the wife, primarily a decent size to fit 2 monitors and laptop. Thank you
I see that motiongrey has black Friday pricing to pre-order their 8 year warranty desk. Shipping by Nov 26. MotionVIP promo code works on it too.
Mar 3, 2012
161 posts
44 upvotes
Montreal, QC
mensrea wrote: I see that motiongrey has black Friday pricing to pre-order their 8 year warranty desk. Shipping by Nov 26. MotionVIP promo code works on it too.
With MOTIONVIP, it's the same price as this motionwise https://www.costco.ca/motionwise-%e2%80 ... 07827.html

How do they compare, except warranty ?

I've got the Motionwise from Costco (it was on sale in August) and I love it (we neeed another one).
Dec 17, 2018
488 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Ended up with the frame from flexispot
https://www.flexispot.ca/catalog/produc ... tegory/29/
$329 - $10 (EMAIL code) before taxes, shipped from MTL via Fedex
It looks pretty similar to Primecable and MG, but it comes with a 5-year warranty
And I like its control remote design

For the tabletop, I got one from officestock W180cm X L75cm X H2.5cm $111.84 before taxes
https://officestock.com/en-ca/226091/ev ... p-surfaces
(Updates; the link is not working anymore, seems like they removed the product page. In this case, it is better to give them a call, here is the item info on my order: Ev3 Desk & Table Top Surfaces #226091)
Heavy and thick enough to drill, it also comes with some pre-drilled holes.
This series comes with 4 colors and various sizes.

I am in GTA, and I went to their store to pick it up. There is also a shipping option I believe.

Here is my setup.
Still need to do some cable management.
3e36ff904fc15b5ee3f4a61984d1f5d.jpg
Last edited by kyoxxx on Nov 15th, 2021 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 3, 2012
161 posts
44 upvotes
Montreal, QC
BrianJai wrote: do you find 48 inches too small?
Nop, that's also the same size of my old desk.
I use 1 laptop + 1 monitor, but no paper on my desk.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)