Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

$1200 ASUS Zenbook 14" Ultrabook, 3.6 GHz AMD Ryzen 7 4700U, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB LPDDR4, NVIDIA GeForce MX350

Dec 1, 2012
435 posts
519 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Based on latest leaked information, upcoming tiger lake u series has similar GPU performance as MX350.

To be honest, 2020 is not the best year to buy laptops. Wo could expect significant improvement next year as GPU moving to 30xx era, Intel 45w CPU moving to 10nm.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1637 posts
929 upvotes
NOYFB
ajacian81 wrote: My main issues with Asus is inadequate heat dissipation. I'm not a pc gamer but my job requires a powerful laptop and the Asus laptops I tried overheated quickly
Asus prides itself on their 'IceCool' techonogly in a lot of models.
I'm not a huge fan of asus laptop but I owned a cheap one before and the cooling was decent
I guess it really depends on the model.
<inappropriate signature>
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1637 posts
929 upvotes
NOYFB
Sonofman wrote: Wait, if you ever need any service repairs or even parts... I had 2 and I will never again buy Asus laptops.
I sympathize.

Don't they have a service centre in Markham?
Oct 18, 2019
274 posts
162 upvotes
GTA West
Terabithia wrote: I sympathize.

Don't they have a service centre in Markham?
Yep, they do and I been there few times.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2014
2589 posts
1322 upvotes
ON
Nice laptop! I like the weight.
But,
No usb-c to DP(Video out)? No USB-C power delivery? No touch screen?
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
2290 posts
1410 upvotes
Kamloops, BC
chongsen wrote: Based on latest leaked information, upcoming tiger lake u series has similar GPU performance as MX350.

To be honest, 2020 is not the best year to buy laptops. Wo could expect significant improvement next year as GPU moving to 30xx era, Intel 45w CPU moving to 10nm.
If youre sticking with AMD integrated then theyll be sticking with vega on 5000 series cpus. No navi until 6000.
Jul 29, 2019
832 posts
694 upvotes
ajacian81 wrote: My main issues with Asus is inadequate heat dissipation. I'm not a pc gamer but my job requires a powerful laptop and the Asus laptops I tried overheated quickly
Yeah, I have an Asus gaming laptop with a 1070 and i7-7700HQ and when I play graphic-intensive games, I think the heat killed the SSD twice. Good thing it was under warranty. I had to buy a 5 fan cooling pad that made it much better to use.

I would say we need to wait for the Asus G14 that (in the US at least) is the best bang for your buck gaming PC while having good battery life and performance.
Sep 3, 2019
99 posts
87 upvotes
TacticalLettuce wrote: The Canada Computers page has the wrong pictures. It's the same model as the one shown at Staples. The part number gives it away: UM433IQ-DS71-CA.

They have different part numbers
the Staples model is UM433IQ-BS71-CA
the CanadaComputers model is UM433IQ-DS71-CA

DS71 vs BS71

Close but different. Not sure what the actual practical differences are specifically, though
Sep 3, 2019
99 posts
87 upvotes
sthirteenk wrote: Is this a good laptop for video editing?
It depends on what kinda editing you're doing. Most editing work is CPU-heavy and the GPU doesn't play a big role.
This laptop has effectively no GPU so you're gonna be noticing it on long timelines with lots of effects (lack of Video Memory will hurt)
and when you're rendering your projects when using an editing software that has GPU acceleration (Davinci and recently Premiere)

that being said, prioritizing a phat gpu isn't important in an editing computer. always look for a multi-threaded CPU as your priority. more cores = better
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3807 posts
1932 upvotes
Vancouver
Leverage wrote: Image
I hope it's not just RFDers, I recently bought some AMD stock because of all the Ryzen hype here. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Sep 4, 2011
37 posts
64 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
And newegg.ca shows the same picture as staples.ca site for UM433IQ-DS71-CA
Check it here
BadB0ii wrote: They have different part numbers
the Staples model is UM433IQ-BS71-CA
the CanadaComputers model is UM433IQ-DS71-CA

DS71 vs BS71

Close but different. Not sure what the actual practical differences are specifically, though
Jul 3, 2010
231 posts
11 upvotes
mississauga
Is it a good buy for this price? I am looking for a decent ultrabook - XPS13 or Zenbook with 16GB RAM with decent speed and screen (not for gaming). Any recommendation or should I wait for Dell, BB or CC to put them on BTS sales? Thanks.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1637 posts
929 upvotes
NOYFB
johnnycash10 wrote: Is it a good buy for this price? I am looking for a decent ultrabook - XPS13 or Zenbook with 16GB RAM with decent speed and screen (not for gaming). Any recommendation or should I wait for Dell, BB or CC to put them on BTS sales? Thanks.
Check this one out

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B086226DDB/ref ... fFbTGNZG0X

Got some hype on rfd a few weeks ago.