Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

$1200 ASUS Zenbook 14" Ultrabook, 3.6 GHz AMD Ryzen 7 4700U, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB LPDDR4, NVIDIA GeForce MX350

Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
2697 posts
1184 upvotes
Bishop8 wrote: I hope it's not just RFDers, I recently bought some AMD stock because of all the Ryzen hype here. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Today AMD is at $57.60/share. A year ago they were $32.85. A year before that they were $16.50.

Today intel is $61. A year ago they were $51. 2 years ago they were $51.

The real money has already been made. The release of these chips is already built into the stock price. But I hope it keeps going up.
Nov 25, 2017
46 posts
35 upvotes
Asus is notorious for putting shitty screens in their laptop lines, you should check the specs of the screen before buying this.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
2340 posts
533 upvotes
York
Christianhiti wrote: Asus is notorious for putting shitty screens in their laptop lines, you should check the specs of the screen before buying this.
I would say their Windows laptops specifically. Their Chromebook screens are actually really nice in comparison.
"It's how you deal with failure that determines how you achieve success."
Nov 25, 2017
46 posts
35 upvotes
The Destroyer wrote: I would say their Windows laptops specifically. Their Chromebook screens are actually really nice in comparison.
I looked into the 13 inch 2019 Zenbook last year and the angles on the panel were quite bad. They were reminding me of the Unibody 2010 era MacBook Pro.
Jul 3, 2010
231 posts
11 upvotes
mississauga
Christianhiti wrote: I looked into the 13 inch 2019 Zenbook last year and the angles on the panel were quite bad. They were reminding me of the Unibody 2010 era MacBook Pro.
What to choose? I don't like Lenovo. The only ultrabook remaining is XPS 13 with decent specs if it comes on sale next week. What Can I expect in an ultrabook (16 GB RAM) for $1000- $1200?
Oct 8, 2019
50 posts
40 upvotes
Sonofman wrote: Asus is a terrible company, just their motherboards are ok
I think you're mistaking Asus for Acer...
Nov 25, 2007
287 posts
201 upvotes
Burnaby, B.C.
catcher8587 wrote: Looks like this model or something similar is $999 at Canada Computers. Model number contains "DS71" instead of "BS71" of Staples one, but I'm not sure what the difference is.

https://www.canadacomputers.com/product ... _id=165763
It's the same as Canada Computers entered the model number incorrectly. If you look at the "Specifications" tab, it says Model Name UM433IQ-BS71-CA.
Nov 25, 2016
587 posts
424 upvotes
Burnaby
Sonofman wrote: Does Acer have good motherboards?
I had a very good experience using Acer Aspire One for almost a decade. Pointless to blame brands as a whole. Acer does have some good products in their lineup.
Oct 18, 2019
274 posts
162 upvotes
GTA West
nicermog wrote: I had a very good experience using Acer Aspire One for almost a decade. Pointless to blame brands as a whole. Acer does have some good products in their lineup.
I don't have a problem with Acer, I do though with Asus
Feb 15, 2011
201 posts
210 upvotes
Toronto
johnnycash10 wrote: What to choose? I don't like Lenovo. The only ultrabook remaining is XPS 13 with decent specs if it comes on sale next week. What Can I expect in an ultrabook (16 GB RAM) for $1000- $1200?
I say take a look into LG Gram. Their 15 inch ones are one of the lightest for 15 inch laptop.

Here's a list of some decent ones under the assumption you want a light ultrabook:

If you're looking for big screen, but light: LG Gram 15 or 17. No other laptop of this size is as light as these. Most models come with 8gb ram, but they do have an extra ram slot.
If you're looking for light and nice looking one: XPS 13 or LG Gram white.
If you like black or need some usb and hdmi ports: Thinkpad X1 carbon.

I say get one you like the look of it & one you can get it for cheaper. All of them have their own problem...
Asus zenbook is not bad & tend to be cheaper tho.
Also, none of these are built for power use.
Aug 26, 2019
83 posts
78 upvotes
Québec
I'm a huge fan of the Asus Zenbook lineup.

I have one very similar to this that I bought 3 years ago. 16gb ram, 512 ssd, i5, Nvidia graphics etc. Got it for 1300$ back then and it's still doing great.

My fiancé and a friend have both since purchased Zenbooks (low to mid spec) that have been great as well.

Super light, decent battery life, good performance.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one once this one dies. Just my 0.02$.
Aug 31, 2019
51 posts
107 upvotes
Not a good deal I would say.. The graphics card is almost equivalent to a 1650 and the 1660 ti vs 1650 difference is pretty immense, and Ive seen 1660 laptops for 100-200$ more, better investment making it more future proof specially as you have no option of switching for newer graphics card etc in the future unlike PCs
Jul 29, 2019
837 posts
699 upvotes
arestel wrote: I say take a look into LG Gram. Their 15 inch ones are one of the lightest for 15 inch laptop.

Here's a list of some decent ones under the assumption you want a light ultrabook:

If you're looking for big screen, but light: LG Gram 15 or 17. No other laptop of this size is as light as these. Most models come with 8gb ram, but they do have an extra ram slot.
If you're looking for light and nice looking one: XPS 13 or LG Gram white.
If you like black or need some usb and hdmi ports: Thinkpad X1 carbon.

I say get one you like the look of it & one you can get it for cheaper. All of them have their own problem...
Asus zenbook is not bad & tend to be cheaper tho.
Also, none of these are built for power use.
Costco is expected to have the LG gram 15" on sale starting in August.
Nov 25, 2016
587 posts
424 upvotes
Burnaby
Mrjayjay wrote: Not a good deal I would say.. The graphics card is almost equivalent to a 1650 and the 1660 ti vs 1650 difference is pretty immense, and Ive seen 1660 laptops for 100-200$ more, better investment making it more future proof specially as you have no option of switching for newer graphics card etc in the future unlike PCs
That 350 is hardly better than the onboard graphics on the ryzen. Both for thermals and cost it could have been better if they left it out.