Staples 14 days post price match vs 30 days returns

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2019 10:13 pm
[OP]
Aug 4, 2008
101 posts
32 upvotes

Staples 14 days post price match vs 30 days returns

Has anyone had any experience with post price match requests with Staples.ca?

I purchased an item 16 days ago (so I'm passed the 14 days by 2 days) when I discovered that amazon.ca has it cheaper by a good margin (200$ cheaper). I called online support and was told that I had exceeded my 14 days and staples cannot price match my item anymore.

So I told the rep, how many days do I have to return it in stores, he told me up to 30 days after purchase, opened or not as long as all accessories are present.

Ok, so what is preventing me from going in stores, returning the product and then buying it back, brand new mind you with a price match? The rep would not budge. He said that if I wanted the price match, I would have to do that.

Sounds really wierd. Staples is going to get my open box monitor and then give me back a brand new one instead of simply price matching, what a waste of money for them(!). Should I try to get a manager involved before I go through with this nonsense?
1 reply
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
2217 posts
1115 upvotes
London
nothing is stopping you from returning it for a full refund and then buying another one and pming it at long as they apply are willing to price match. ontop of that u can sign up for there newsletter with a new email address and u are guaranteed to get a $10 off $100 coupon that u can apply to the order after the price match. or if ur order is over $200 try code 64452 for $20 off 200