Also don't forget Rackuten 1%

Good for kids going back to school.
30 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2007
1787 posts
1791 upvotes
Canada
Got some for the beavers at home. Thank you!
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2008
1157 posts
585 upvotes
Edmonton
These bad quality pencils aren't even worth it at $0.29. The lead is constantly breaking when sharpening and the wood is soft and doesn't peel nicely when sharpening. Save your money for the lined paper refills with free shipping. ;)
Jul 11, 2013
286 posts
283 upvotes
Toronto
Would not buy these even at this price. I bought these pencils last time they were on sale, and the graphite rod in each pencil was broken in multiple places even though I never dropped the pencils. None of the pencils were useable. In this case, you really are getting what you paid for.
Mar 7, 2011
684 posts
1007 upvotes
Don't abuse the free shipping if you don't need the product.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1084 posts
2349 upvotes
lel
Lol, staples is gonna be baaaankrupt
Virgin $30 for $15 GB
Good toilet paper/paper towel deals
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2008
1159 posts
1285 upvotes
Surrey
yashgandhi wrote: Don't abuse the free shipping if you don't need the product.

Yep...else like all good things it will come to an end or we'll see increases in prices. If able to...go pick it up. There are two stores near me..about a 10min drive either way. I've done the in-store pickup numerous times throughout the pandemic. No issues at all. I think I have only used the free shipping once but that was with a large order.

On another note: Thanks to the teachers who keep some extras for their classrooms. I know a lot of you spend your own cash on supplies...and not just a small amount.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 29, 2007
5571 posts
5271 upvotes
No Bum Deals
canukeneh wrote: These bad quality pencils aren't even worth it at $0.29. The lead is constantly breaking when sharpening and the wood is soft and doesn't peel nicely when sharpening. Save your money for the lined paper refills with free shipping. ;)
I agree. We found the Amazon Basics HB pencils good however.
. 🢂 4x Telus Endless 25GB - Shared Pool 100GB [$30] | 2x CAN-US 200min [$0] | 5x CAN-US PoM Tablet+Data [$0] | 1x PoM Watch Cellular [$0] 🢀
🢂
Bodgers Bus. Grade 500u 3yr [$50] 🢀
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2015
2604 posts
2534 upvotes
Montreal, QC
We still have some of these pencils from last year’s BTS event, Staples used to sell it for only 10 cents in store
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2014
1079 posts
952 upvotes
Toronto, ON
yashgandhi wrote: Don't abuse the free shipping if you don't need the product.
Reminds me of the good ol days when Walmart had free shipping on everything. Staples only started free shipping during the pandemic, they're bound to cut if off sooner or later.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
2946 posts
3628 upvotes
Langley
canukeneh wrote: These bad quality pencils aren't even worth it at $0.29. The lead is constantly breaking when sharpening and the wood is soft and doesn't peel nicely when sharpening. Save your money for the lined paper refills with free shipping. ;)
Same thing happened to me, lead breaking while sharpening. It's not just staples brand, Walmart, dollarama, all those cheap brands, all snap while sharpening. Must be made from same factory. Stick with Staedtler.
Jul 13, 2016
621 posts
956 upvotes
Vancouver, London, T…
The procurement department at Canada Public Works, should be ordering these pencils for the federal election!

It is probably much cheaper purchasing from Staples and having free delivery than what the government can buy! And not only that, the pencils at the election, is one-time use!
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
17993 posts
8969 upvotes
Honestly, I bought these and went to sharpen them today for our child to take to school. I haven't used a traditional pencil in years (except those I sharpen with a knife for wood working) and I was shocked how crappy they were. The wood would flake off and the lead broke off while sharpening on a couple.

Our child is just learning to write but these seem really challenging to use. I am going to pick up some Staedler Norica's for them to use:
https://www.staples.ca/products/475897- ... ls-18-pack

It has been so long since I needed pencils that I had no idea they got so crappy. Just like getting the nice vinyl erasers over the pink ones, a better pencil seems good.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
2147 posts
910 upvotes
Toronto
Better you just get the address of your kid's school, having it sent to the principal or whomever...honestly, buy 100 packs or something lol..don't forget to use FlipGive so that also portion of that price goes to donate to your kid's school!
If you're seeing this message, it means I cared enough to downvote or felt the need to upvote. Either way you get a👎/ 👍 so be grateful that your thread is being bumped
Oct 16, 2018
97 posts
194 upvotes
Thanks OP ordered to be shipped with free shipping ... coz why not
Nov 25, 2014
698 posts
779 upvotes
Makes for a good snack when I'm not slaving at work building dams