Expired Hot Deals

[Staples] 2018 iPad 9.7", 32 GB - $332.99 (Expired)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2019 4:12 pm
Nov 21, 2012
510 posts
360 upvotes
Toronto
callernamet wrote:
Jul 15th, 2019 7:49 pm
did they charge you? If they did mean they have stock right? Normally I have see BestBuy and others charge only when the stock exists and is about to ship.
I only see the temporary pending transaction which I assume is just a holding charge, so it's not an official charge yet.
Oct 14, 2017
458 posts
319 upvotes
leafssuckcussfaef wrote:
Jul 15th, 2019 5:59 pm
Anyone get their order? I placed my order on the 12th for 2 hour in store pickup (according to the website, store had stock).

But as of yet, I haven't gotten a pick-up notice and my order has been stuck on "order processing". I just talked to customer service, and apparently my order has now been cancelled due to no stock??
Yep that's normal. Tried ordering macbooks three times - all cancelled with no cancellation email. Basically what I was told is that they system counts display models and open boxes as stock so if there are no sealed boxes the store cancels the order (but somehow Staples cannot send out cancellation emails).
Feb 28, 2005
63 posts
9 upvotes
I ordered an ipad on Saturday morning for pick up within 2 hours. I didn't get any response or call either. My order just said processing. So I called today and asked about it. They said that the order was cancelled because there was no stock at the store. I asked if I could get an ipad for the same price and they let me order again for a higher price, with a note on the order saying that I could get it adjusted once the order was complete. YMMV.
Penalty Box
Mar 10, 2018
2774 posts
184 upvotes
obscura wrote:
Jul 15th, 2019 7:56 pm
I only see the temporary pending transaction which I assume is just a holding charge, so it's not an official charge yet.
so basically no stock. May be you saved $375 or so.
flabbergasted wrote:
Jul 15th, 2019 7:59 pm
I ordered an ipad on Saturday morning for pick up within 2 hours. I didn't get any response or call either. My order just said processing. So I called today and asked about it. They said that the order was cancelled because there was no stock at the store. I asked if I could get an ipad for the same price and they let me order again for a higher price, with a note on the order saying that I could get it adjusted once the order was complete. YMMV.
I am flabbergasted.
I dont care about Ethics, morals, rules or laws. You guys seem trapped by the confines of your own ideologies.
(borrowed)Not enough bans and the howling monkeys start up about them promoting hate and whatever. howling monkeys or hall monitors?
Penalty Box
Mar 10, 2018
2774 posts
184 upvotes
gordi777 wrote:
Jul 15th, 2019 9:20 pm
Thanks OP. This was a great deal.
didn't you read post just above yours? People are not getting as it may be OOS.
I dont care about Ethics, morals, rules or laws. You guys seem trapped by the confines of your own ideologies.
(borrowed)Not enough bans and the howling monkeys start up about them promoting hate and whatever. howling monkeys or hall monitors?
Nov 17, 2018
1 posts
Brampton, ON
leafssuckcussfaef wrote:
Jul 15th, 2019 5:59 pm
Anyone get their order? I placed my order on the 12th for 2 hour in store pickup (according to the website, store had stock).

But as of yet, I haven't gotten a pick-up notice and my order has been stuck on "order processing". I just talked to customer service, and apparently my order has now been cancelled due to no stock??
I just received my iPad. Ordered on the 13th to be delivered to my home. The Staples delivery guy who delivered the iPad to me mentioned that he delivered about 50 of them (don't exactly remember if it was 50 recently or 50 in total for today but something along those lines).
Penalty Box
Mar 10, 2018
2774 posts
184 upvotes
ddccabuslay636291806780722000 wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 12:55 pm
I just received my iPad. Ordered on the 13th to be delivered to my home. The Staples delivery guy who delivered the iPad to me mentioned that he delivered about 50 of them (don't exactly remember if it was 50 recently or 50 in total for today but something along those lines).
me too.