Very good price @ $49.99

Deal:
Ooma Cisco Spa 504G
https://www.staples.ca/products/2767595 ... 6776660097

More info (Manufacturer's site)
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/c ... model.html

Ooma Website
https://support.ooma.com/office/cisco-s ... roduction/

The Voice quality is better than any landline or mobile phone and I would highly recommend these.

I don't know anything about Ooma but *IF* this is the Normal Cisco firmware, it should run SIP and you can use these with FreePhoneline or VOIP .MS and others. You can have up to 4 (and perhaps 8) different numbers but with only 1 Carrier.

spa.jpg
62 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2003
1812 posts
273 upvotes
Toronto
I have a similar one that I got from a business that was closing down. The handset isnt that good as its staticky but could be from age ... Any recommendations for a good 2.5mm headset
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9649 posts
1155 upvotes
GTA
Can someone confirm theses aren't locked to the Ooma service in any way or that can be unlocked if they are ..
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
1890 posts
638 upvotes
Montréal, QC
Is it locked to Ooma?
Nov 7, 2008
432 posts
149 upvotes
Vancouver
Just a heads up that this model is discontinued, so don't expect to see many firmware updates if at all in the future. That said, I think Cisco IP phones are pretty reliable.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
5459 posts
5071 upvotes
Downtown Canada
Ordered one with 75358 $10 off coupon, just find a filler to hit $50 came out $45 tax in

Will setup freephoneline or voipms
Last edited by TransporterSD on Oct 12th, 2020 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Aug 13, 2020
167 posts
483 upvotes
For anyone looking for a project.....

FreePhoneLine (or any SIP provider) + Asterisk (Free PBX) will get you "Extensions" in your home and you can dial "9" for normal call, "8" for Long Distance, you can Page and you get a voicemail + conference bridge.
Apr 1, 2015
763 posts
434 upvotes
Scxm Free Zone
My understanding is that if it's VoIP.ms or freephoneline compatible then it's definitely unlocked.

Correct me if I'm mistaken.
Zoomer Wireless happy new customer:
800 mins + 5G LTE data for $36 + $100 new activation credit + $50 credit

Do your part to end the monopoly. Every little bit helps.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2017
1583 posts
1160 upvotes
GTA West
You may need an AC power adapter for this phone. It is designed for POE, meaning it can draw power over the ethernet cable. But I have never seen a home router that provides POE. Cisco power adapters are not cheap and will bump up your cost.
Mar 5, 2012
426 posts
167 upvotes
Canada
Dealmaker1945 wrote: You may need an AC power adapter for this phone. It is designed for POE, meaning it can draw power over the ethernet cable. But I have never seen a home router that provides POE. Cisco power adapters are not cheap and will bump up your cost.
Yes, you will need a power injector but these should be cheap, around $5.00-$10.00
Mar 5, 2012
426 posts
167 upvotes
Canada
IslandDeal wrote: For anyone looking for a project.....

FreePhoneLine (or any SIP provider) + Asterisk (Free PBX) will get you "Extensions" in your home and you can dial "9" for normal call, "8" for Long Distance, you can Page and you get a voicemail + conference bridge.
Is that a service that you provide yourself or did you follow an online guide?
[OP]
Aug 13, 2020
167 posts
483 upvotes
Dealmaker1945 wrote: You may need an AC power adapter for this phone. It is designed for POE, meaning it can draw power over the ethernet cable. But I have never seen a home router that provides POE. Cisco power adapters are not cheap and will bump up your cost.
BigKids wrote: Yes, you will need a power injector but these should be cheap, around $5.00-$10.00
Thumbs Up Sign Thumbs Up Dealmaker1945
and BigKids

POE switches are now much cheaper and are great for Wifi Access Points, Cameras and Phones (soon you will see home solutions (like lighting) use PoE as well.

PoE is also great if you have a UPS. You only need 1 UPS for all your devices. And running CAT5e (or better) network cables is easier than electrical cables and you don't need an electrician.

And if you don't like Crimping network cables:

Use "Female" jacks:

https://www.amazon.ca/Cable-Matters-25- ... 25&sr=8-28
Images
  • Cat 5e jacks.jpg
[OP]
Aug 13, 2020
167 posts
483 upvotes
BigKids wrote: Is that a service that you provide yourself or did you follow an online guide?
My project was a while back, I needed an IVR to connect to a Database and I needed it to be free as it was for personal use.

This was my setup. (I chose the harder way of setting everything up myself as I wanted to learn a bit about Linux. Consider "Asterisk Now" (A.K.A. Freepbx) to start as it's an easy option and it works out of the box.)

- Get VMware player for free (Optional. If you don't want to do this, use an old PC or laptop lying around.)
I did all my setup in a VMware window on my PC, then when it was ready, I moved it to an old PC that I had lying around the house

- Load Linux in VMware window (Optional. If you don't want to do this, get "Asterisk Now". It's a fully configured version)
I started with Slackware then moved to Debian.

- Load Asterisk on Linux in VMware window

- Configure Asterisk
This was very easy.... you configure "Trunks" to FreePhoneline or VOIP.ms and you configure "Devices" for your house as "Extensions")
You can take the "sample" config files and use those to start.

All of the following are optional:

- Configure Devices (End Points):
- ($) Regular IP SIP Phones )(Like the one on from this thread (or any Grandstream, Linksys SIP phone.)
- ($) Wifi IP Phones (Same as above but runs on WIFI, not on CAT 5e or better)
- Analog phones (the ones you already have at home) You will need an ($) "ATA"
- Softphones (you can run Softphones on PC, MAC, iPAD, Android, ETC, these will act like an IP Phone)
- Keep your Home Line and use it with Asterisk. (You will need an ($) "ATA")
- Use Asterisk with your Mobile (Get a ($) "Bluetooth to Analog" device and an ($) "ATA")

- Configure Voice Mail (This is quite easy as well. At first, it will sound like a regular voicemail, you can change it to anything you like.

- Configure more advanced asterisk functions
- Voice Mail
- Meet Me Conferencing (This was fun and just for this alone I would do it all over again)
- Simple IVR (For X, press 1, for Y, press 2)
- Connection to Database (in my case it was SQL running on another PC)
- Configure Outbound Dial (I liked this as you can change CALLER ID NAME on all calls with FREEPHONELINE. CA.
Mar 5, 2012
426 posts
167 upvotes
Canada
IslandDeal wrote: My project was a while back, I needed an IVR to connect to a Database and I needed it to be free as it was for personal use.

This was my setup. (I chose the harder way of setting everything up myself as I wanted to learn a bit about Linux. Consider "Asterisk Now" (A.K.A. Freepbx) to start as it's an easy option and it works out of the box.)

- Get VMware player for free (Optional. If you don't want to do this, use an old PC or laptop lying around.)
I did all my setup in a VMware window on my PC, then when it was ready, I moved it to an old PC that I had lying around the house

- Load Linux in VMware window (Optional. If you don't want to do this, get "Asterisk Now". It's a fully configured version)
I started with Slackware then moved to Debian.

- Load Asterisk on Linux in VMware window

- Configure Asterisk
This was very easy.... you configure "Trunks" to FreePhoneline or VOIP.ms and you configure "Devices" for your house as "Extensions")
You can take the "sample" config files and use those to start.

All of the following are optional:

- Configure Devices (End Points):
- ($) Regular IP SIP Phones )(Like the one on from this thread (or any Grandstream, Linksys SIP phone.)
- ($) Wifi IP Phones (Same as above but runs on WIFI, not on CAT 5e or better)
- Analog phones (the ones you already have at home) You will need an ($) "ATA"
- Softphones (you can run Softphones on PC, MAC, iPAD, Android, ETC, these will act like an IP Phone)
- Keep your Home Line and use it with Asterisk. (You will need an ($) "ATA")
- Use Asterisk with your Mobile (Get a ($) "Bluetooth to Analog" device and an ($) "ATA")

- Configure Voice Mail (This is quite easy as well. At first, it will sound like a regular voicemail, you can change it to anything you like.

- Configure more advanced asterisk functions
- Voice Mail
- Meet Me Conferencing (This was fun and just for this alone I would do it all over again)
- Simple IVR (For X, press 1, for Y, press 2)
- Connection to Database (in my case it was SQL running on another PC)
- Configure Outbound Dial (I liked this as you can change CALLER ID NAME on all calls with FREEPHONELINE. CA.
Thank you for the detailed explanation!