Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

$50 Gap Options Gift Card for $40 In-Store and Online

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2016 10:08 am
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
9570 posts
639 upvotes
Toronto
vkrasov wrote: Anyone experienced a problem activating cards? I wasn't able to do it online nor via a call to customer service. I was sent to activate it in store > :(
Yes, I couldn't activate it on line (invalid user, invalid order, etc). Then I called them, and they still couldn't figure out the problem. They activated for me at the end.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need below items in GTA:
- CT, HD, FS, BB, gas GCs

FS: Freedom Mobile credit
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
8517 posts
6261 upvotes
both of my cards have $38.24 > :(
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2007
3799 posts
797 upvotes
ON
mkl38s wrote: both of my cards have $38.24 > :(
don't worry, it's displayed in US$ somehow
try checkout using the gift card and it'll show 50C$
Deal Guru
Jul 15, 2008
10544 posts
4141 upvotes
Toronto
can2000 wrote: Yes, I couldn't activate it on line (invalid user, invalid order, etc). Then I called them, and they still couldn't figure out the problem. They activated for me at the end.
Same here. Had to call them.
mkl38s wrote: both of my cards have $38.24 > :(
The stupid site shows it in USD. I had to call them to get clarification that it was USD.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
8517 posts
6261 upvotes
ppnndd wrote: don't worry, it's displayed in US$ somehow
try checkout using the gift card and it'll show 50C$
Thanks :) . it redirected to the gift card balance checking in the U.S. (gap.com) and hence displayed the balance converted to USD
Aug 26, 2008
567 posts
358 upvotes
Toronto, ON
can2000 wrote: Yes, I couldn't activate it on line (invalid user, invalid order, etc). Then I called them, and they still couldn't figure out the problem. They activated for me at the end.
My story was less successful. I went to a store and they didn't bother trying to activate, but grabbed brand new cards to replace 'problematic' ones. After refund of the original purchase came a big surprise: promotion is over, and the price of gift cards cannot be adjusted. Representative was sorry enough to propose calling together 1-866 number and ask if online support can help overriding. I got enough and just walked out.
I wished I could dispute the purchase and let credit card company hit Staples with a fine for such joke of online shopping.
Jul 8, 2008
302 posts
21 upvotes
Vancouver
I had problem activating it at first. But then I found out how to do it. Check the email you receive from Staples regarding the order has been shipped. Check the part Hello Mr. Firstname Lastname. In the staples activate website, enter Mr. as the firstname, then Firstname Lastname in the lastname field, then it should. Pay attention to the caps, it should be exactly the same as the email you received.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6705 posts
2104 upvotes
Mississauga
vkrasov wrote: Anyone experienced a problem activating cards? I wasn't able to do it online nor via a call to customer service. I was sent to activate it in store > :(
For me ,it was just the caps ,tried many time, I don't remember exactly which one worked though,I think it was my first started with a capital letter and my last name started with a small letter .
Silence is the best answer to a fool
Aug 26, 2008
567 posts
358 upvotes
Toronto, ON
immortal_kssss wrote: For me ,it was just the caps ,tried many time, I don't remember exactly which one worked though,I think it was my first started with a capital letter and my last name started with a small letter .
Thanks - I tried only all caps and capitals first.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49009 posts
10302 upvotes
Richmond Hill
daydaydream wrote: I had problem activating it at first. But then I found out how to do it. Check the email you receive from Staples regarding the order has been shipped. Check the part Hello Mr. Firstname Lastname. In the staples activate website, enter Mr. as the firstname, then Firstname Lastname in the lastname field, then it should. Pay attention to the caps, it should be exactly the same as the email you received.
Thanks for this, worked for me! This is really stupid...
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
Dec 30, 2007
186 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
Do these gift cards have an expiry date or any maintenance fees once I activate them?