Which version is that?
1x$36 Zoomer Plan with 2GB + Unlimited Call and Text
1x$45 Zoomer Plan with 4GB + Unlimited Call and Text
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
2428 posts
542 upvotes
Woodstock, ON
timeoninternet wrote: Which version is that?
Apple® TV, 3rd Generation
Second rule of RFD ... don't talk about stocktrack.ca with non-members of RFD
Third rule of RFD ... see first rule. if you don`t know first rule, someone`s following the rules ;)

Woodstock, ON
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
9132 posts
7167 upvotes
Kitchener
timeoninternet wrote: Which version is that?
The crappy one that noone can jailbreak. Doesn't matter though, sold my jailbroken atv2 because it was slow. The Amazon fire TV replacement is stupid fast :)
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2004
1568 posts
455 upvotes
Mississauga
IntrepidRT wrote: The crappy one that noone can jailbreak. Doesn't matter though, sold my jailbroken atv2 because it was slow. The Amazon fire TV replacement is stupid fast :)
My atv2 has been showing its age lately, My mini x isn't that bad, but I wanted to try out the fire TV.
Mar 18, 2008
3 posts
Just Ordered. I was going to get a refurbished one from the apple store if this didn't go on sale before Christmas.
Oct 11, 2004
845 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
ordered one with a $10 off 100 coupon for in store pickup. Added a couple reams of paper to get over 100. Would have ordered another product but mostly I wanted this for screen mirroring
Feb 21, 2012
239 posts
167 upvotes
Gananoque, ON
Excellent price. It is for sure faster than the 2nd gen. Apps keep getting added to it and I can get pretty much any content on it with Airplay. Android boxes always gave me problems.
Nov 19, 2012
441 posts
257 upvotes
IntrepidRT wrote: The crappy one that noone can jailbreak. Doesn't matter though, sold my jailbroken atv2 because it was slow. The Amazon fire TV replacement is stupid fast :)
AFTV is amazing. Best purchase I've made in a while.
Jan 13, 2005
882 posts
98 upvotes
Montreal
apple tv refuses to work my hardware. what is it ? is my HDMI cables incompatible ? my TV ? just for some stupid copyright prevention that just bothers none but legit users
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
22631 posts
27566 upvotes
Toronto
KAN wrote: apple tv refuses to work my hardware. what is it ? is my USB cables incompatible ? my TV ? just for some stupid copyright prevention that just bothers none but legit users
What sort of issues are you having? What happens when you try it at somebody else's place?
Ye wife is in me dms baby.
Deal Guru
May 13, 2004
11359 posts
502 upvotes
Toronto
I have ATV 2 and 3 but don't use the 2 despite jailbreaking it. Everything streams from my MBP to my ATV3 to TV. I use my iPhone (Air Video Server app) so I don't even have to be near my computer. Using the app, can watch from work or wherever. So, yeah, I highly recommend AppleTV and this is a pretty good price.
Nov 12, 2014
936 posts
637 upvotes
Kingston, ON
newdeal wrote: ordered one with a $10 off 100 coupon for in store pickup. Added a couple reams of paper to get over 100. Would have ordered another product but mostly I wanted this for screen mirroring
So you spent an extra $10 to get to $100 just to get $10 off?
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
2174 posts
285 upvotes
NB
HowEver wrote: I have ATV 2 and 3 but don't use the 2 despite jailbreaking it. Everything streams from my MBP to my ATV3 to TV. I use my iPhone (Air Video Server app) so I don't even have to be near my computer. Using the app, can watch from work or wherever. So, yeah, I highly recommend AppleTV and this is a pretty good price.
Thanks, looks like air video is what I was looking for. What is the exact name of the app? Is it Air Video HD?
Oct 11, 2004
845 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
QN5252 wrote: So you spent an extra $10 to get to $100 just to get $10 off?
why wouldn't I? I got some paper for free that way
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
4502 posts
391 upvotes
I've been playing with the Amazon Fire stick all week, it's nice, but I prefer my apple TVs. Good Deal.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
9132 posts
7167 upvotes
Kitchener
I guess I should clarify. If you're married to apple and already given her all of your money, you listen to her when she tells you the way she wants it and agree that she makes all of the decisions for you and you are afraid of a very expensive divorce settlement, THEN apple TV is for you. Otherwise Amazon Fire TV does also attempt to cram Amazon content down your throat, but can be hacked for XBMC and is silly fast and cheap. Roku also makes much better devices than an Apple TV.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2003
5551 posts
1553 upvotes
Toronto
KAN wrote: apple tv refuses to work my hardware. what is it ? is my USB cables incompatible ? my TV ? just for some stupid copyright prevention that just bothers none but legit users
Well, if you're trying to do anything over USB, it's probably user error.