Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

Acer 31.5" WQHD LCD IPS Monitor - ET322QU ($259.99 - $50 Off Coupon = $209.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 13th, 2020 1:28 pm
Aug 30, 2018
241 posts
174 upvotes
TheAccountant wrote: The monitors themselves are pretty good. However, these monitors disconnect when you turn off the monitor (re positioning everything). From the last 4 hours of research, this is a monitor issue sending an unplug signal. I've been trying to fix it trying to overwrite EDID, but that's not an easy task without a Quadro card.
I'm probably going to return both of mine. It's so annoying and definitely a deal breaker for me.

Don’t turn them off?
May 14, 2013
735 posts
1386 upvotes
Dealshark3 wrote: Don’t turn them off?
I've thought of ways to not turn them off and just using a screensaver.
But while using multiple displays there are often times I turn off monitors to focus on single monitors.

To each their own. I understand why might not be a big deal to anyone else. But for me, the convenience of being able to turn off a monitor and not have it disconnect is worth way more than the savings.

Just thought I'd share my experience, if anyone else was in a similar position or preference and had a fix or was thinking of picking up this monitor.
Sep 9, 2018
513 posts
292 upvotes
Toronto
TheAccountant wrote: I've thought of ways to not turn them off and just using a screensaver.
But while using multiple displays there are often times I turn off monitors to focus on single monitors.

To each their own. I understand why might not be a big deal to anyone else. But for me, the convenience of being able to turn off a monitor and not have it disconnect is worth way more than the savings.

Just thought I'd share my experience, if anyone else was in a similar position or preference and had a fix or was thinking of picking up this monitor.
What exactly do you mean "re-positioning everything". I am running the same setup and not sure I am experiencing the same issue. I bought a RX 580 to run both monitors via DP with Freesync support then discovered there's an issue with the Radeon driver causing screen flashing. I thought it was fixed with a recent driver release but launched Kodi full screen on one monitor lastnight and the flashing occurred.

I will probably return 1 monitor mainly because I will take too much of a hit reselling my 49" 900F.
May 14, 2013
735 posts
1386 upvotes
SuperNaut wrote: What exactly do you mean "re-positioning everything". I am running the same setup and not sure I am experiencing the same issue. I bought a RX 580 to run both monitors via DP with Freesync support then discovered there's an issue with the Radeon driver causing screen flashing. I thought it was fixed with a recent driver release but launched Kodi full screen on one monitor lastnight and the flashing occurred.

I will probably return 1 monitor mainly because I will take too much of a hit reselling my 49" 900F.
From what I understand, the monitor sends an unplug command when you hit the power button. While using extended desktop mode, Windows will make a disconnecting device sound and rearrange all your desktop icons and windows to the remaining monitors (which will flash all your screens). When you turn the monitor back on, all your screens will flash again while it re-enables the device/drivers.
Apparently one of the fixes is to overwrite the monitor EDID in the registry, which is easy to do if you have a Nvidia Quadro card (can do it within the Nvidia control panel). But I have a geforce GTX 1070, and it doesn't have that option (so the only way is to manually extract the EDID from the monitor using a couple external tools and then manually edit your registry to override the EDID settings (so that it's not pulling from your monitor). There are additional downsides in that you can corrupt a newly connected monitor if you don't remove the overrides.
Sep 9, 2018
513 posts
292 upvotes
Toronto
TheAccountant wrote: From what I understand, the monitor sends an unplug command when you hit the power button. While using extended desktop mode, Windows will make a disconnecting device sound and rearrange all your desktop icons and windows to the remaining monitors (which will flash all your screens). When you turn the monitor back on, all your screens will flash again while it re-enables the device/drivers.
Apparently one of the fixes is to overwrite the monitor EDID in the registry, which is easy to do if you have a Nvidia Quadro card (can do it within the Nvidia control panel). But I have a geforce GTX 1070, and it doesn't have that option (so the only way is to manually extract the EDID from the monitor using a couple external tools and then manually edit your registry to override the EDID settings (so that it's not pulling from your monitor). There are additional downsides in that you can corrupt a newly connected monitor if you don't remove the overrides.
Let me know if you're in Toronto, I can give you a Quadro card if that's all you need. I have a few older FX 1800s. I am in North Toronto.
May 14, 2013
735 posts
1386 upvotes
SuperNaut wrote: Let me know if you're in Toronto, I can give you a Quadro card if that's all you need. I have a few older FX 1800s. I am in North Toronto.
Thanks and I appreciate the offer, I do have an older Quadro card laying around but my GTX1070 performs much better.
The path of least resistance is returning these monitors and getting different monitors which don't have this issue (I've read it's only certain monitors that have this problem).
Nov 27, 2014
304 posts
71 upvotes
North York, ON
Anyone changes their mind, looking for 1 right now as I missed this deal.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)