Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

Acer ET322QU 31.5" WQHD IPS 75Hz 1440p 4ms FreeSync Monitor with Built-in Speaker - $299.99 [Stackable w/ $30 off $300]

• Last Updated:
  • May 10th, 2019 8:01 pm
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37133 upvotes
johnyc wrote: Thanks OP for the deal! I think the $20 off $200 *********** that someone posted is no longer working..
Cool setup!

I really am glad people are successfully integrating this panel into their day-to-day life. I'm keenly aware that folks are looking for the silver-bullet price-performer. Perfection is elusive, but subject to all our constraints... PPI, IPS, Refresh, Size, VESA, Speakers, Price... I've done my best to isolate a competitive offering.

God bless, folks.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Guru
Sep 13, 2007
11105 posts
6746 upvotes
Toronto
johnyc wrote: Thanks OP for the deal! I think the $20 off $200 *********** that someone posted is no longer working..

Does anyone have any recommendations for a nice adjustable vesa arm/ stand??

Bought one Friday but didn't get to set up until yesterday. Found one dead/ stuck pixel so ended up buying another and will return that one. Like others mentioned the IPS glow is pretty apparent in pitch black rooms but I don't see how this would affect day-to-day productivity use really.
Its way too bright out of the box so I brought it way down to like 5-10.

I'm coming from a 7.5 year old Dell U2711 (1440P IPS) which is still running fine, and I think the Acer colors and sharpness must look better but honestly I'd have to put them up side-by-side to compare. Size is the most noticeable difference so far and getting used to 32" shouldn't take too long. Since the stand isn't adjustable height wise, I'm going to have to lower the upper shelf on my workstation desk and probably even buy a vesa mount/stand/arm to get the monitor closer to the desk for better viewing. Lack of USB hub will also force me to buy a device for that function

Next consideration is should I purchase a graphics card to complete my new 8600K setup! I hardly ever game anymore but a good GFX deal could easily sway me :D
Needs a Herman Miller Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Oct 24, 2001
562 posts
50 upvotes
Vancouver
chewysc wrote:
Commentary: Man, this monitor calibrated really nicely second time around! Probably because I remembered a bit more of what I needed to do for set up.

Gamut coverage is 99.8% sRGB, 85.2% Adobe RGB and 90.2% DCI P3. Gamut volume is 134.5%, 92.7% and 95.3% respectively. I was able to achieve a measured whitepoint of 6480K. Colour Temp, Gamma and Grayscale all tracked well, especially for a budget screen.

Enjoy!
Thanks for the testing and upload chewysc!

An ICC profile is basically for more accurate color viewing and reproduction? It is also based on specific things like the lighting and such in your room/ space? This is a file I would have to load on each computer if I use this monitor on multiple systems correct?
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2004
1518 posts
703 upvotes
Victoria
johnyc wrote: I'm coming from a 7.5 year old Dell U2711 (1440P IPS) which is still running fine, and I think the Acer colors and sharpness must look better but honestly I'd have to put them up side-by-side to compare. Size is the most noticeable difference so far and getting used to 32" shouldn't take too long.
I too would be coming from a daily driver of a u2711 that's mostly fine (a couple minor discolourations on the top edge). I game a fair bit, but not much FPS, and also watch a lot of TV and Movies on it. I think size would be the most noticble difference with the small increase in refresh a bonus. But... do I really need it... probably I'm not a true RFDer asking that question ;). If you do end up with a side by side comparison for whatever reason I'd love to hear about it.
Nov 25, 2007
307 posts
203 upvotes
Burnaby, B.C.
johnyc wrote: Thanks for the testing and upload chewysc!

An ICC profile is basically for more accurate color viewing and reproduction? It is also based on specific things like the lighting and such in your room/ space? This is a file I would have to load on each computer if I use this monitor on multiple systems correct?
You're very welcome! Yes, better colour accuracy and yes, you would want to load my ICC profile on each computer that the monitor is hooked up to. That's assuming that you like the end results of course as everybody's opinion of what looks good differs from person to person. I'm typically in a light controlled, darker environment so that's why I aim for 120 cd/m2 but feel free to adjust brightness higher if your room is brighter.
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2012
1876 posts
1480 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Returning this. Motion is not very good. I have a 1080ti and running at constant 75fps it’s not smooth at all.

My KS8000 tv is much smooth at 60fps than this monitor is at 75fps.

I’m going to bite the bullet and buy the Acer Preditor GSync monitor.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37133 upvotes
Cooldeal75 wrote: Maybe you need to get. 144Hz monitor
Some people do, it's good to know this early on. I and many others don't need blazing fast refresh, though 75hz is certainly welcome. For others, 120Hz or 144Hz is the bare minimum (based on the impression I get).

Different strokes.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2012
1876 posts
1480 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
redflagdealsguy wrote: Some people do, it's good to know this early on. I and many others don't need blazing fast refresh, though 75hz is certainly welcome. For others, 120Hz or 144Hz is the bare minimum (based on the impression I get).

Different strokes.
But my TV is only 60hz and it’s great. Sure there are great 60hz monitors as well. But I don’t think you can expect a $300 32” 1440p monitor to be great. It seems good for an everyday monitor, but something is off with the motion for gaming.
Oct 21, 2013
284 posts
145 upvotes
Ottawa
Sorry I would like to take advantage of this deal but just went through all 16 pages and none of the links with coupons are working. Anyone know how to access the $20 off coupon any other way? I am currently using a 23" 1080p monitor that I have had for like 8 years. I am buying this monitor for my regular computer usage (Youtube, movies, productivity stuff) and also for my Xbox One X
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
3108 posts
3603 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Hojo99 wrote: Sorry I would like to take advantage of this deal but just went through all 16 pages and none of the links with coupons are working. Anyone know how to access the $20 off coupon any other way? I am currently using a 23" 1080p monitor that I have had for like 8 years. I am buying this monitor for my regular computer usage (Youtube, movies, productivity stuff) and also for my Xbox One X
just go in google, type retail me not staples coupon

it will be in the list on their site.

here is a code for someone, ALSO it expires today, September 30, 2018 for the 20 dollars off 200. You can still pay for it and pickup in store tomorrow, just make sure you pay before midnight
Nov 25, 2007
307 posts
203 upvotes
Burnaby, B.C.
Hojo99 wrote: Sorry I would like to take advantage of this deal but just went through all 16 pages and none of the links with coupons are working. Anyone know how to access the $20 off coupon any other way? I am currently using a 23" 1080p monitor that I have had for like 8 years. I am buying this monitor for my regular computer usage (Youtube, movies, productivity stuff) and also for my Xbox One X
Will PM you a spare $20 off $100 I have on my desk here. Cheers!
Oct 24, 2001
562 posts
50 upvotes
Vancouver
MikeyCanuck wrote: I too would be coming from a daily driver of a u2711 that's mostly fine (a couple minor discolourations on the top edge). I game a fair bit, but not much FPS, and also watch a lot of TV and Movies on it. I think size would be the most noticble difference with the small increase in refresh a bonus. But... do I really need it... probably I'm not a true RFDer asking that question ;). If you do end up with a side by side comparison for whatever reason I'd love to hear about it.
To be honest, the U2711 is pretty damn good for being 8 years old! I'm no expert but to me the ACER looks a tad more realistic in ways almost more lifelike if that makes sense. I think its the sharpness and crispness it can display. Colours are very close and can probably end up the same if you tinker the profiles and settings. The U2711 was over $1000 MSRP but got for $732 8 years ago.. If you didn't have a 1440p monitor today I'd say buy one. I mostly felt the urge to splurge since I got a new PC setup couple weeks ago, and I watch a lot of TV/ Movies so the slightly bigger size is nice..

Don't know if these photos help at all, took some on my iphone. I used a ICC profile on TFTcentral along with monitor settings for the DELL and chewysc's profile and settings for the ACER. Extended desktop with separate instances of photo viewer on each display.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Nov 9, 2017
104 posts
107 upvotes
gusmiley wrote: OOS?
Staples website was OOS since Saturday? But I went to the store to pre-paid mine and the staff said I should be able to pick one up by end of week
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2004
1518 posts
703 upvotes
Victoria
johnyc wrote: Don't know if these photos help at all, took some on my iphone. I used a ICC profile on TFTcentral along with monitor settings for the DELL and chewysc's profile and settings for the ACER. Extended desktop with separate instances of photo viewer on each display.
Wow! Above and beyond! Thanks. The pics probably don't do either monitor justice, but between those and your comments I get the idea. I had to go back and look at my u2711 purchase. 2010-09-23, $1249-$490=$788. Seems you got a better deal ;) I think I'm sold assuming I can get stock in store. The price is right. The u2711 will cascade to the family PC to replace a low end 24".

Thanks again!