Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

Acer ET322QU 31.5" WQHD IPS Monitor - AMD FreeSync, 1440p, 75Hz, - $279.99 [$259.99 w/eBates]

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 18th, 2019 4:53 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2004
4639 posts
799 upvotes
Toronto
kewldudex wrote: Got another one today to complete my Dual Monitor Rig. With the 60$ off 300$, it was a no brainer, the total price after discounts and taxes come out to be 247.24. Just to give an Idea, I bought the previous one at 345 (after tax). So its almost a 100$ discount !!

Also, I people who are at the fence or have any queries can read my review here https://forums.redflagdeals.com/staples ... #p30085868 .

Also, I'll agree with previous posters that the OSD button setup is terrible but you don't fiddle with them often anyway. Lastly, the ICC profile works, its easier to apply in the newer Windows 10 build.
Can you please take some pictures of your dual setup? I bought to and will set it up for my nieces this weekend, so would like have some idea what it looks like, thanks in advance.
Heatware

Go Portugal Go
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2004
1062 posts
296 upvotes
I can't tell if this can take a VESA mount. How are the viewing angles? I'm thinking of mounting this on a wall.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37128 upvotes
trader37 wrote: I can't tell if this can take a VESA mount. How are the viewing angles? I'm thinking of mounting this on a wall.
VESA = Yes.

IPS viewing angles are pretty good on this monitor.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Dec 29, 2016
260 posts
457 upvotes
typer100 wrote: Seriously? We have already redneck with a orange face as president down south.
I don't think their looks or race should have anything to do with them voted in. It's what they try to do for the province/country. A lot (not saying all) of Ford's choices have been for the people
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2008
1354 posts
566 upvotes
It's 100 mm spacing on the VESA mounting.

I just attached the monitor to this arm to go with my old monitor at my desk:

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0772YRLBM/ref ... 00_TE_dp_1
If my post has helped you out, gimme a thumbs up! Buy/Sell/Trade with Confidence!

BST Feedback: 100% Positive on RFD, Heatware, eBay 50-0-0 (closed 2017-08-29), and I use to manage a AT&T Group Plan.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2006
3581 posts
2795 upvotes
Pothole city
Thenerdmon wrote: I don't think their looks or race should have anything to do with them voted in. It's what they try to do for the province/country. A lot (not saying all) of Ford's choices have been for the people
You're lost... They both got elected because they told stories that people wanted to hear. People follow them in the desert because they are thirsty. They all drink the sand because the they don't know the difference.
Nov 3, 2003
954 posts
620 upvotes
Knowhere
typer100 wrote: You're lost... They both got elected because they told stories that people wanted to hear. People follow them in the desert because they are thirsty. They all drink the sand because the they don't know the difference.
Let's stop talking about politics and focus on this deal people
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2004
4639 posts
799 upvotes
Toronto
ededed3 wrote: 90$ is quite expensive for monitor arm. Especially consider the price of the monitor. Even for dual setup, I think two separate arms give you a lot more flexibility.
I agreed, I have two single arms that are from primecables May do the job, I’m going to give it a try.

This is the monitor arm that I have, I will try it with this acer monitor, hopefully, it works.

Last edited by rui on May 10th, 2019 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heatware

Go Portugal Go
Jan 5, 2018
72 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto, ON
shorfd wrote: At this price I've been contemplating doing the same! The main thing holding me back is that I do want to go 4k at some point in the future and purchasing a 2nd one of these will definitely push that upgrade to a long long way into the future.
Well, I was in your shoes too. Not able to decide to get a similar sized 4k or 27in high framerate (144hz) QHD. I ended up getting this instead, mainly because of my use case. I have a GTX 1070 so it can do FHD 60-120 depending on the title, and QHD 60+. But I don't game that often, neither I am into media production. So paying a premium of 100-300$ for a niche feature didn't make any sense to me.

But it might be sensible to you, for example-
  • if you are planning to produce content - edit images, work on videos; you would need a 4k.
  • if you are planning to do 4k gaming now or in the future: you may need a 4k. But just to give a context, the price of entry for true 4k60+ for major titles is really high, we are talking the RTX 2080/2080tis, even the future GPUs - 30xx series or the AMD Navis will not be coming cheap. The other thing to consider is the view distance. In my post above, I shared why QHD 31in is at the sweet post. At the right distance, the difference between QHD and 4k is indistinguishable.
So to sum up, if you have enough money to get an RTX2080 or even the not yet released high-end cards, sure go ahead with a 4K. But on a budget, this QHD @75HZ with freesync/gsync is no brainer.
Jan 5, 2018
72 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto, ON
UnderpantsGnome wrote: Okay, I'll try applying it there. Windows is so weird now having the separate control panel and settings sections.
The Windows is in a transitioning phase. It is way better than the Windows 8 days. If it intrests you, do check the upcoming features Microsoft previewed in their BUILD 2019. - . You'll be amused, how much they are concerned about user's feedback.
Jan 5, 2018
72 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto, ON
rui wrote: Can you please take some pictures of your dual setup? I bought to and will set it up for my nieces this weekend, so would like have some idea what it looks like, thanks in advance.
I am on a business trip this weekend, but I will be setting this up as soon as I am getting back, so stay tuned.

Also, I am using https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07BJZ ... UTF8&psc=1 for the VESA mounting, got it in a lightning deal for 34bucks. It is a little difficult to set it up, but you get what you pay for. Much better than the stand that the monitor comes bydefault.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7057 posts
3367 upvotes
shinsky wrote: Let's stop talking about politics and focus on this deal people
or we could talk about why you're a public mobile client...
Nov 25, 2007
307 posts
203 upvotes
Burnaby, B.C.
UnderpantsGnome wrote: Yes I applied the ICC profile. It didn't make any noticeable difference to how the picture looked though, so it was either very similar to the one I was using for my old monitor or I did something wrong. I followed this guide, but maybe it's outdated. https://pcmonitors.info/articles/using- ... n-windows/

Another question I have for you: Which "User" mode are you referring to? Because there's a user picture mode (along with eco, standard, dark room etc.) and then there's the user mode in the color section. And am I supposed to be selecting the SRGB color space?
Sorry for the delayed reply. I just checked and it looks like it's "User" mode for both picture and color section... it's been a while...
Apr 7, 2017
157 posts
179 upvotes
chewysc wrote: Sorry for the delayed reply. I just checked and it looks like it's "User" mode for both picture and color section... it's been a while...
Great, thanks. I did a reset and applied your changes earlier today. Checked out some photos and they did look very accurate.

Is trying to increase the contrast ratio something you want to try to do? Because it seems like with a few changes you could get some more there. But would that be less accurate?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7057 posts
3367 upvotes
If one of you has a hardware calibrator, if you ever wanted to help by distributing the calibrated display profile, now would be the time to do it. Waiting later would mean the screens would drift further away from factory defaults. One year from now, none of the calibrated profiles would be of any use to the monitors here due to different usages of the screen.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
17147 posts
5655 upvotes
Markham
badOne wrote: If one of you has a hardware calibrator, if you ever wanted to help by distributing the calibrated display profile, now would be the time to do it. Waiting later would mean the screens would drift further away from factory defaults. One year from now, none of the calibrated profiles would be of any use to the monitors here due to different usages of the screen.
someone already did use Spyder4Pro and posted the profile
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Nov 25, 2007
307 posts
203 upvotes
Burnaby, B.C.
UnderpantsGnome wrote: Great, thanks. I did a reset and applied your changes earlier today. Checked out some photos and they did look very accurate.

Is trying to increase the contrast ratio something you want to try to do? Because it seems like with a few changes you could get some more there. But would that be less accurate?
Hmmmm... I haven't tried to play with the contrast at all to be honest because it looked really good after my second calibration attempt. In fact, it matched up really well to my Omen 32 which is a VA panel (with subtle differences of course) which was all I was going for. The Acer is mainly being used by my wife and kids so I did a fairly quick (less than an hour?) calibration with DisplayCAL.
Nov 25, 2007
307 posts
203 upvotes
Burnaby, B.C.
badOne wrote: If one of you has a hardware calibrator, if you ever wanted to help by distributing the calibrated display profile, now would be the time to do it. Waiting later would mean the screens would drift further away from factory defaults. One year from now, none of the calibrated profiles would be of any use to the monitors here due to different usages of the screen.
My posted settings and ICC profile was calibrated with a ColorMunki Display and DisplayCAL on the first day of our Acer's usage if folks were wondering.