Expired Hot Deals

[Staples] Acer ET322QU 31.5" WQHD IPS Monitor - AMD FreeSync, 1440p, 75Hz, 4ms, Built-in Speakers - $299.99 [Nov 14-29]

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 25th, 2019 10:27 am
Nov 26, 2018
8 posts
7 upvotes
Keigotw wrote: Before getting RX 550, I was able to get 75HZ with Radeon HD7770 and that didn't support Freesync
That's interesting...having a higher sample size helps. The issue is, there's no way to know if you were actually getting 75hz without doing some testing; to me, it's obvious on my panel now without needing to do any tests, but the stutter test I linked earlier is an easy way to see it.

Perhaps the issue is only with Nvidia cards, and not cards without Freesync. I'm still thinking it's cards without Freesync, but the only way to know is to test.

Another note: using the monitor's OSD, you can check the monitor refresh rate. For me, Freesync was broken even though all settings said it was enabled. No matter the FPS, GPU, or monitor settings, the monitor refresh rate would never change. Apparently, the driver that Windows installs by default (for me, that's 17.1.1) breaks Freesync. A ton of people in Reddit had this issue as well. I updated manually and Freesync works great.

To sum up what we know so far: a) we need more tests with older AMD cards and Nvidia cards,, b) all available information so far tells us that Nvidia cards do not support 75 Hertz on this monitor, c) Freesync seems to be broken with default Windows drivers, if it uses the Crimson (Radeon software) version 17.1.1.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
15838 posts
4362 upvotes
Markham
Sales ends today.
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
[OP]
Feb 18, 2014
646 posts
1257 upvotes
Keigotw wrote: Sales ends today.
It would be a nice surprise to see something better offered (on this or another monitor) on Boxing Day but the last few BD sales have been pretty disappointing so I'm not getting my hopes up.
Jul 20, 2013
183 posts
68 upvotes
Having issues with my monitor. Not sure if it’s the monitor, my graphics card or the cable the monitor came with.

I have dual monitor set up, with the acer being the main one. The acer is connected to DisplayPort and the second monitor is connected with HDMI. My graphics card is rz480 4gb.

The acer monitor loses connectivity randomly. Specifically happens when I’m running YouTube and go full screen. The monitor loses connection every 3-4 seconds while on full screen.

Also sometimes the monitor gets laggy as well while gaming and loses connection. By that I mean the screen goes black and I have to wait till the monitor cycles through the signals and recognizes the DisplayPort connection again.
Nov 10, 2015
308 posts
256 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
Any good deals on a 24"+ 1440p 144hz monitor?
Sep 18, 2008
129 posts
74 upvotes
kingofkingz wrote: Having issues with my monitor. Not sure if it’s the monitor, my graphics card or the cable the monitor came with.

I have dual monitor set up, with the acer being the main one. The acer is connected to DisplayPort and the second monitor is connected with HDMI. My graphics card is rz480 4gb.

The acer monitor loses connectivity randomly. Specifically happens when I’m running YouTube and go full screen. The monitor loses connection every 3-4 seconds while on full screen.

Also sometimes the monitor gets laggy as well while gaming and loses connection. By that I mean the screen goes black and I have to wait till the monitor cycles through the signals and recognizes the DisplayPort connection again.
What version cable are you using for DP 1.2? & what version cable HDMI 2.0?
May 22, 2018
186 posts
348 upvotes
How odd would a 24 + this look in a dual monitor set up?
Jul 20, 2013
183 posts
68 upvotes
Wildout wrote: What version cable are you using for DP 1.2? & what version cable HDMI 2.0?
The cable that came with the tv. Not sure what version it is. And the HDMI i am also unsure of. But I never had any issues with the HDMI connection to the old monitor.
UmarF7302 wrote: How odd would a 24 + this look in a dual monitor set up?
I have a dual monitor set up with 24” benq monitor. The acer one towers over that and makes the 24” look small sitting side by side. But it doesn’t look bad
May 22, 2018
186 posts
348 upvotes
kingofkingz wrote: I have a dual monitor set up with 24” benq monitor. The acer one towers over that and makes the 24” look small sitting side by side. But it doesn’t look bad
Can you send a picture? :)
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
15838 posts
4362 upvotes
Markham
kingofkingz wrote: The cable that came with the tv. Not sure what version it is. And the HDMI i am also unsure of. But I never had any issues with the HDMI connection to the old monitor.

I have a dual monitor set up with 24” benq monitor. The acer one towers over that and makes the 24” look small sitting side by side. But it doesn’t look bad
Cable that came with tv? You mean the DP cable that came with the Acer monitor ?
Try just with Acer monitor with DP. Disconnect the 2nd monitor. Does the same thing happen ?
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Jul 29, 2018
86 posts
33 upvotes
If anyone wants one still, I'll be returning mine in Calgary in a few days.

Great display with awesome colors but I just have no room to put it anywhere.

Will be going for a 24-27 instead.

Message me if you wanna pick it up before I return.
Jan 13, 2017
456 posts
525 upvotes
Toronto
kingofkingz wrote: Having issues with my monitor. Not sure if it’s the monitor, my graphics card or the cable the monitor came with.

Make sure to change the refresh rate for your screen to 75Hz in display setting, i ran into this problem as well.
Jul 29, 2016
163 posts
114 upvotes
got my delivered several days ago.
it has red tint if I compare to my old monitor. It is not strong. White is pink a little bit.
is this technical issue or 'feature'? may calibration fix it?
Jul 20, 2013
183 posts
68 upvotes
UmarF7302 wrote:
Can you send a picture? :)
I will when i get home
Keigotw wrote:
Cable that came with tv? You mean the DP cable that came with the Acer monitor ?
Try just with Acer monitor with DP. Disconnect the 2nd monitor. Does the same thing happen ?
Yes sorry, i was referring to the monitor. .. I will try this and report back.
vicktnguyen wrote:
Make sure to change the refresh rate for your screen to 75Hz in display setting, i ran into this problem as well.
I did this already. Refresh rate is at 75hz. Maybe my graphics card isn't strong enough.
Oct 18, 2012
457 posts
416 upvotes
Montréal
too bad that I bought ASUS va32aq in summer
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
15838 posts
4362 upvotes
Markham
ihorzu wrote: got my delivered several days ago.
it has red tint if I compare to my old monitor. It is not strong. White is pink a little bit.
try settings suggested here http://forums.redflagdeals.com/staples- ... #p30069912
see if still red tint
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Sep 18, 2008
129 posts
74 upvotes
ihorzu wrote: got my delivered several days ago.
Calibration will fix it to an extent, but not make it go away.

It really depends on what other monitors you have around you.
Mar 9, 2013
78 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
I don't do much gaming but use a monitor for general productivity. Should I buy those or wait for another monitor that's not meant for gaming?