Expired Hot Deals

[Staples] Acer ET322QU 31.5" WQHD IPS Monitor - AMD FreeSync, 1440p, 75Hz, 4ms, Built-in Speakers - $299.99 [Nov 14-29]

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 25th, 2019 10:27 am
Nov 30, 2018
2 posts
3 upvotes
Problem:

I bought this monitor and have it as my primary using displayport and I have a secondary monitor on HDMI.

Whenever I switch off the Acer all my Windows jump over to the second display, and when I power it back on any windows that were on the secondary display jump over to the Acer.

This is extremely annoying, my video card is Nvidia GTX1080 with the latest drivers and I installed the Acer ET322QU driver for this monitor.

Is anyone else having this issue or know how to stop it happening?
Aug 19, 2012
58 posts
45 upvotes
VANCOUVER
stonking wrote: Is anyone else having this issue or know how to stop it happening?
I'm pretty sure that this is normal behavior. If you switch off the monitor, your computer thinks that the screen is gone, and so your open windows need to go somewhere—they get moved to your secondary monitor. In reverse, when the screen is turned off the secondary monitor becomes your primary desktop—as soon as you turn the Acer back on, the Acer becomes the primary desktop, and so any windows that were on the other monitor get moved back to the Acer.

I'm not sure if there's a way around this, but what are you expecting/hoping will happen instead? What is the situation in which you're turning off the Acer but not your other monitor?
Nov 30, 2018
2 posts
3 upvotes
I've had a HDMI triple-monitor set up for years and this has never happened, ever.

Further research shows it's a problem that there's no workaround for.

Apparently it happens because of the plug and play features of displayport. The only workaround is to disable power saving features and leave the monitor switched on permanently or use HDMI/VGA.

The problem doesn't happen with HDMI but if I try to use this monitor with HDMI the graphics are blurry, even after adding a custom resolution at 2560x1440 with the correct settings as shown in a previous post.

Update: it turned out that a cable I was using was DP to HDMI, after switching it to HDMI to HDMI the blurryness goes away and it works perfectly. Problem solved.

It's a really great monitor for video / graphic editing. I use Davinci Resolve 15 for video editing and it's a perfect monitor for that.
Jun 17, 2017
21 posts
27 upvotes
if anyone in Calgary would like to purchase that monitor, I have one I got it on sale and paid $314 (used $10off coupon) selling cuz I got a better deal 38" acer monitor for $1060
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
16002 posts
17416 upvotes
So gentlemen, the Nvidia announcement which allows virtually any FreeSync monitor to be supported by a Nvidia card (manually enable if not an 'approved' monitor) means that this monitor is that much better of a deal.

God bless.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
12537 posts
3392 upvotes
Scarberia
If this was 300 buck s cdn. Would it beat ops monitor¿?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c ... itle_r0001

Hp pavilion 32 inch hdr monitor

I got it on air miles for 5900 ams

Tia
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2016
1485 posts
1594 upvotes
freesync now working with nvidia cards. seems to work with this monitor.
Feb 27, 2009
27 posts
46 upvotes
kitchener
Was on sale for 349.99

Showed 1 in stock in all KW locations went to three of them....
None in stock, sale is off on their website.

Going to call a store and see if their willing to help me out on a display, unreal.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2011
1344 posts
4151 upvotes
Anyone want to update their review after almost a year? I'm about to purchase one.
[OP]
Feb 18, 2014
641 posts
1245 upvotes
phoreoneone wrote: Anyone want to update their review after almost a year? I'm about to purchase one.
You might have better luck getting replies asking this in the new thread.

Personally, no issues with mine... replaced the stand with a mount but I knew that the stand was horrible (no adjustments other than slight tilt) going in.