Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

Acer ET322QU 31.5" WQHD IPS Monitor - AMD FreeSync, 1440p, 75Hz, 4ms, Speakers - $299.99 [Feb 27 - Mar 5]

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 14th, 2019 6:05 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2006
1215 posts
661 upvotes
PriceHunter wrote: Is anyone else having this issue? Screen goes black for like 2 seconds, and comes back on. Never had that on my other monitor!!
check cable, if you have another try that
otherwise return.
Aug 21, 2011
160 posts
60 upvotes
Ctrl-Z wrote: I just tested mine and the only significant problem is fairly severe light bleed from the lower left corner. That isn't something I'm normally too concerned about as I won't be using it for watching movies etc. but it is very noticeable. If the light bleed from this location is common with these monitors then I guess exchanging it wouldn't likely help. I could find no dead pixels so that's a big plus.

I held off from getting a new monitor for many years as I preferred 16:10 ratio which have apparently became extinct (currently have a 27" and 24" monitors in that ratio but only 1920x1280 resolution). This 16:9 ratio monitor with 2.5K pixel density is a good compromise, not too much adjustment required...

I note that I have no issue with the tilt capability. It can indeed be adjusted to have a slight downward tilt if that is what is desired.
I have the same experience as you on my second monitor that I got to replace one that had dead pixels.

I am hesitating whether to replace it again for the light bleed on the buttom left corner. Did you replace yours?
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
1363 posts
336 upvotes
Medicine Hat and SW …
HmizaHadi wrote: I have the same experience as you on my second monitor that I got to replace one that had dead pixels.

I am hesitating whether to replace it again for the light bleed on the buttom left corner. Did you replace yours?
I was tempted but did not replace it as I could not find any in-stock. I am trying to get used to it but the light bleed from the one corner is pretty severe when the room is dark. Also trying to accept that the display quality is not all that great either. Sitting next to my ancient 27" Samsung Syncmaster, it is obviously inferior with slightly blurrier fonts and grayish backgrounds on web browser windows that are a vibrant white on the Samsung. Maybe I can configure it to be better but no luck yet. It's a nice size though and a really good fit resolution and aspect ratio wise for my dual monitor setup. Also its height with the built-in stand is right in the middle of the adjustable height of the Samsung.
Jan 5, 2007
321 posts
1043 upvotes
North York
sylvestor2002 wrote: Can you advise what this guys setup does ? Have you tried it and do you recommend it still ?
Ya I'm using it right now.
The guy used a special piece of hardware to calibrate the color, contrast to be as accurate as possible.
He also includes a color profile you can load into windows to help with accuracy also.

Out of the box the monitor is very good though.
Aug 21, 2011
160 posts
60 upvotes
Ctrl-Z wrote:
I was tempted but did not replace it as I could not find any in-stock. I am trying to get used to it but the light bleed from the one corner is pretty severe when the room is dark. Also trying to accept that the display quality is not all that great either. Sitting next to my ancient 27" Samsung Syncmaster, it is obviously inferior with slightly blurrier fonts and grayish backgrounds on web browser windows that are a vibrant white on the Samsung. Maybe I can configure it to be better but no luck yet. It's a nice size though and a really good fit resolution and aspect ratio wise for my dual monitor setup. Also its height with the built-in stand is right in the middle of the adjustable height of the Samsung.
After a few days of using this monitor, I am thinking about returning it. See the light bleeding in the attached picture. What also bothers me also is the fact that even when reducing brightness to 0, it still seems to be a bit too bright in a dark room.
Images
  • upload.jpg
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2006
1215 posts
661 upvotes
HmizaHadi wrote: After a few days of using this monitor, I am thinking about returning it. See the light bleeding in the attached picture. What also bothers me also is the fact that even when reducing brightness to 0, it still seems to be a bit too bright in a dark room.
may as well try to exchange it, that's pretty significant light bleed, mine has zero.
I think without the light bleed, the brightness would be fine.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)