Staples

AKRACING Nitro-CB PU Leather Gaming Chair $299.99

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2021 12:04 pm
7 replies
Feb 24, 2009
873 posts
393 upvotes
This seems expensive for a fake leather chair even though it's for gaming. I've owned pu leather chairs before and once it starts to Peel and flake its so disgusting and creates a constant mess to Clean up. I bought a steelcase chair a few years back and it still feels like the day I bought it, mind you it was 3x the price but in terms of quality and warranty I'd much rather pay more for something that will last.
Mar 22, 2021
251 posts
629 upvotes
Only buy this to match with your gaming slippers, gaming boxers and gaming deodorant.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
20429 posts
8845 upvotes
Toronto
These gaming chairs are not comfortable at all.
Aug 14, 2019
418 posts
525 upvotes
never buying a faux leather chair again. i have to sweep the floor every other day.
Apr 30, 2011
231 posts
93 upvotes
Saint-Jerome
As someone who's sitting on a AKRacing right now (higher end model) id say avoid it
Armrests cracked after about a year , they did send me a replacement set and they are still boxed since its only ripped on the sides and stayed like that for the last few years.
The fake leather under my knees on the edge of the seat started ripping after a few years (4 or 5 maybe)

When I bought it one of the main reasons was that most of the ergo chairs had a low weight limit if you didnt pick the version for really large people that costs a lot.
One of the only major pros of those ''gaming'' chairs is the ability to tilt it like a car seat which is nice but thats pretty much it.

If I had to buy another of those chairs I would probably pick the fabric secretlab models but at that price point you're better off getting a good ergo chair.
I lost a bunch of weight so the next one will probably be an ergo model.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2007
1758 posts
190 upvotes
York Region
1-anh wrote: This seems expensive for a fake leather chair even though it's for gaming. I've owned pu leather chairs before and once it starts to Peel and flake its so disgusting and creates a constant mess to Clean up. I bought a steelcase chair a few years back and it still feels like the day I bought it, mind you it was 3x the price but in terms of quality and warranty I'd much rather pay more for something that will last.
Upvote for this. I bought (what I thought was a nice quality) generic leather office chair that's regularly put on sale from Staples and it started to peel, arm rest started to break apart just before the 2 year warranty expired. So I was able to get the warranty replacement parts!
These parts have been breaking apart and peeling once again with a constant mess on the floor. Expecting it to last is a fool's game it will break apart just after the warranty expires. Chairs should last at least 5 years before some wear is evident.
Purchase from a trusted RFD (seller & buyer) 100% positive feedback. Your assured for a safe and clean transaction. Located in the York Region. Can ship at your expense if paying by EMT, please no trades-PM is the key!