Price:
157-159
Savings:
20% off
Expiry:
October 28, 2019
Retailer:
Staples / Amazon
Just for FYI - I noticed the wireless G502 is on at Staples & Amazon 20% off this weekend.
I think it's luke-warm at best . . . but if you had a coupon code or a GC wasting away might make it palatable ? Otherwise wait for BF
I tried the $25off$75 staples code and nope!
I tried the staple employee electronics code 65943 nope !
But if you have a good code try it ?

Anyways Good Luck ( lots of new Alienware Costco Owners out there )
links;

https://www.amazon.ca/Logitech-Lightspe ... 141&sr=8-1

https://www.staples.ca/products/2944160 ... 910-005565

Last edited by bigdukesixer on Oct 28th, 2019 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
19 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
8394 posts
3059 upvotes
Toronto
The best part of this mouse IMO was that it was wired. If you wanted wireless the G902/3 would be a fine option as it has been ~$100 quite frequently as of late.

Just personal preference though.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
3220 posts
1772 upvotes
Burlington
You could probably buy the G502 and the G900 for the price of this one mouse.

Not sure how its worth this much, not a great deal IMO.
Feb 15, 2017
216 posts
68 upvotes
I like the form factor of this mouse (G502 Proteus Core) and it is I am using for gaming. I am not sure I am getting the wireless one, though, to me the wired one is fine. The main attraction for me was the thumb button (sniper button for dpi shift), but I do not use the button much anymore lately, probably I am getting more precise.
Sep 1, 2009
153 posts
57 upvotes
I purchased this last month for $150.00, I had the original G502 and wanted the wireless version. This is the best mouse I've used and the buttons are of higher quality than the original G502

Would recommend, but deal is warm at best
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
1091 posts
1549 upvotes
Vancouver
I have the wired version, not sure wirelesss is worth $100 more...
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2006
1331 posts
674 upvotes
danascully wrote: I have the wired version, not sure wirelesss is worth $100 more...
Oh wireless (nowadays) is worth it. I was unknowingly losing my mind having to flick away the cable when it gets caught somewhere and once you go wireless you no longer feel that slight tension pulling ever again.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
8394 posts
3059 upvotes
Toronto
abharj wrote: I purchased this last month for $150.00, I had the original G502 and wanted the wireless version. This is the best mouse I've used and the buttons are of higher quality than the original G502

Would recommend, but deal is warm at best
Did you have the OG or the Spectrum G502?
danascully wrote: I have the wired version, not sure wirelesss is worth $100 more...
Definitely not for the price IMO, I'm sure there will be better deals during BF.
wonton1017 wrote: Oh wireless (nowadays) is worth it. I was unknowingly losing my mind having to flick away the cable when it gets caught somewhere and once you go wireless you no longer feel that slight tension pulling ever again.
That's just poor wire management, I have the G502 Spectrum as my standard mouse at my home office and it doesn't ever snag. I have the MX Anywhere 2 and G903 for wireless needs elsewhere. I don't like having to charge a mouse for a computer that's in use or at least on for most of the evenings or sometimes weeks if necessary.
Aug 5, 2012
131 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
Same boat, I'm using the G502 wired and it's one of my favourite mice I've ever used, but I can't justify spending this much for wireless even though I'm looking to switch over to a wireless mouse. Thinking about switching to either the MX Master 3 or G604 for the insane battery life
Sep 1, 2009
153 posts
57 upvotes
Variability wrote: Did you have the OG or the Spectrum G502?
I had the OG version. I loved using that as well. Going wireless but keeping the quality was important, I also saw this review:

No regrets getting the wireless version, it is expensive though at regular price, $150 definitely makes it easier to pull the trigger, it will probably continue to decrease in price.

Definitely the best mouse I have owned
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2006
1331 posts
674 upvotes

Definitely not for the price IMO, I'm sure there will be better deals during BF.

That's just poor wire management, I have the G502 Spectrum as my standard mouse at my home office and it doesn't ever snag. I have the MX Anywhere 2 and G903 for wireless needs elsewhere. I don't like having to charge a mouse for a computer that's in use or at least on for most of the evenings or sometimes weeks if necessary.
Couldn't do much with wire management when I had my computer in the corner of a 30sqft den on a 2' by 4' desk.
Oct 1, 2017
283 posts
404 upvotes
Amazed people still want these heavy ass things.

I had one and switched to a much much lighter mouse (Razer Viper then an MM710) and my aim has improved a ton.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
7292 posts
2182 upvotes
T dot 6
zobblplatz wrote: Amazed people still want these heavy ass things.

I had one and switched to a much much lighter mouse (Razer Viper then an MM710) and my aim has improved a ton.
+1

I use to be the biggest fanboy for the G502 wired. I was waiting for the wireless version to be my next mouse but then I bought a Glorious Model O and now I could never go back to a G502 for FPS games. As previous poster said, its too heavy and you dont realize it until you switch. If you want wireless the Logitech G Pro is better for that reason although I think G502 has the one of the best ergonomics.
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
2237 posts
592 upvotes
Lévis
Have the wired version (spectrum). Had a few wireless mouses before. Decided the one I have now was going to be my last wired mouse...
Pulled the trigger and I will probably keep it unpacked untill BF to see if there's better deals. BTW, staples say it's the hero model but the # (and the price) say it's the lightspeed. The hero is wired. Difference is not only the wire as the lighspeed has more modern stuff (and is lighter).
FYI, logitech also released another very interesting upgrade of the G600 series: G604.
Thanks OP and kimwoobingsu because 150$ was my trigger price.
Pourquoi pas?
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
3538 posts
3127 upvotes
Toronto
It's been at 140 multiple occasions on Logitech website with their 30% off coupon.
Oct 1, 2017
283 posts
404 upvotes
Jaytee wrote: +1

I use to be the biggest fanboy for the G502 wired. I was waiting for the wireless version to be my next mouse but then I bought a Glorious Model O and now I could never go back to a G502 for FPS games. As previous poster said, its too heavy and you dont realize it until you switch. If you want wireless the Logitech G Pro is better for that reason although I think G502 has the one of the best ergonomics.
I had an O for a bit as well. Wasn’t a fan of the shape. Same issue with the GPW I had.

I have pretty big hands though, 20x11.

Even though the MM710 is tiny, the huge hump makes it work well with my hand.
Apr 7, 2015
538 posts
367 upvotes
Vancouver Island
zobblplatz wrote: I had an O for a bit as well. Wasn’t a fan of the shape. Same issue with the GPW I had.

I have pretty big hands though, 20x11.

Even though the MM710 is tiny, the huge hump makes it work well with my hand.
How do you measure your hands?

I have large hands and use a g602, but I've been considering the mm710 while it's on sale.. Good to hear feedback from others in the same situation
Aug 17, 2012
472 posts
334 upvotes
COQUITLAM
Modern wireless gaming mice is comparable if not better than wired.

The Hero-Sensor series wireless Logitech mice also have at least double the battery life of the previous version.

It only takes like 15 minutes to charge to 90%+. That's good enough to last me 1-2 weeks.

I just do this once a week before I take a shower and it's 90%+ charge after I return.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
2237 posts
592 upvotes
Lévis
Just received mine. Like I said, I will keep it unpacked untill BF to see if there's better deals.
Pourquoi pas?