Expired Hot Deals

Staples

Amped Wireless WiFi Range Extenders on Sale ($39.99-$69.99)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 11th, 2022 5:36 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 14, 2018
5746 posts
16360 upvotes
Kitchener

[Staples] Amped Wireless WiFi Range Extenders on Sale ($39.99-$69.99)

Found a good deal on some WiFi range extenders. I am not in the market for any WiFi upgrades atm but for those who are these are worth taking a look at. All of them are in stock for delivery at time of posting.

Amped Wireless High Power AC2600 WiFi Range Extender - $69.99... Reg: $179.99
https://www.staples.ca/products/2496248 ... e-extender

Amped Wireless TAP-EX2 AC750 Touch Screen High Power WiFi Range Extender $39.99... Reg: $99.99
https://www.staples.ca/products/2708134 ... e-extender

Amped Wireless High Power Plug-In AC1750 WiFi Range Extender $59.99... Reg: $139.99
https://www.staples.ca/products/1667162 ... e-extender

Amped Wireless High-Power AC1200 WiFi Plug-in Range Extender $49.99... Reg: $109.99
https://www.staples.ca/products/2606337 ... e-extender
PC: i9 9900ks, RTX 3060 Ti 8gb, 64gb RAM
Phone: iPhone 8 64gb
Thread Summary
Shopping for more options? RFD Reviews has a roundup of the best WiFi range extenders!
28 replies
Jr. Member
Aug 31, 2020
134 posts
133 upvotes
::2dFx:: wrote: 70 bucks to inject noise and waste spectrum. No thanks.
price doesn't seem hot, but as if "spectrum" and the air in your house is some precious limited resource lol
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 19, 2005
1116 posts
436 upvotes
Not sure about these things. The reviews on staples.ca are all from the manufacturers website, and the Google reviews aren't so great.

These were also all launched in ~2017.

I wouldn't waste my money and instead save up a bit more in a proper mesh system.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2016
1095 posts
321 upvotes
How can I do mesh sysyterm myself?or do I have to consult professional?
Thanks
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 14, 2018
5746 posts
16360 upvotes
Kitchener
frendzpz wrote: How can I do mesh sysyterm myself?or do I have to consult professional?
Thanks
There are many mesh systems available, do a Google search to see all of the options! No professional required.
PC: i9 9900ks, RTX 3060 Ti 8gb, 64gb RAM
Phone: iPhone 8 64gb
Deal Addict
May 24, 2017
1184 posts
844 upvotes
QuinteWest
enceladus9 wrote:
I wouldn't waste my money and instead save up a bit more in a proper mesh system.
Or one good router!
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2011
1272 posts
861 upvotes
Québec
gbx555 wrote: price doesn't seem hot, but as if "spectrum" and the air in your house is some precious limited resource lol
Spectrum is is indeed very precious, why do you think cell phone company pay billions of dollars to have it exclusively ?

Spectrum is the based of bandwith, the more you have spectrum, the more bandwith you can have.

Why do you think WIFI6E was created ?
Last edited by elgros4 on Jan 10th, 2022 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Member
Dec 22, 2001
447 posts
205 upvotes
JoJoCan wrote: Found a good deal on some WiFi range extenders. I am not in the market for any WiFi upgrades atm but for those who are these are worth taking a look at. All of them are in stock for delivery at time of posting.

Amped Wireless High Power AC2600 WiFi Range Extender - $69.99... Reg: $179.99
https://www.staples.ca/products/2496248 ... e-extender



Amped Wireless TAP-EX2 AC750 Touch Screen High Power WiFi Range Extender $39.99... Reg: $99.99
https://www.staples.ca/products/2708134 ... e-extender

Amped Wireless High Power Plug-In AC1750 WiFi Range Extender $59.99... Reg: $139.99
https://www.staples.ca/products/1667162 ... e-extender

Amped Wireless High-Power AC1200 WiFi Plug-in Range Extender $49.99... Reg: $109.99
https://www.staples.ca/products/2606337 ... e-extender


The extender is $10 cheaper at Costco online.
Here
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
4019 posts
1112 upvotes
These could make great devices for extending your network, if you willing to connect each to wired backhaul and if possible to change to access points instead of extenders, which dont work!!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
7854 posts
8017 upvotes
gbx555 wrote: price doesn't seem hot, but as if "spectrum" and the air in your house is some precious limited resource lol
Actually... spectrum IS a limited resource. All your neighbours are sharing the same spectrum as you are, and using devices like these reduces how much wireless spectrum EVERYONE has access to.

It's a FAR better solution to get either a mesh system with dedicated wireless backhaul, or a mesh system with wired backhaul.
Last edited by repatch on Jan 10th, 2022 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jr. Member
Aug 31, 2020
134 posts
133 upvotes
repatch wrote: Actually... spectrum IS a limited resource. All your neighbours are sharing the same spectrum as you are, and using devices like these reduces how much wireless spectrum EVERYONE has access to.

It's a FAR better solution to getting either a mesh system with dedicated wireless backhaul, or a mesh system with wired backhaul.
Uh huh, is that why Rogers/Bell hands our extenders like candy rather than make you apply for a license for one?

I'm sure EVERY person is carefully monitoring their spectrum and doing rf scans daily to ensure peak airtime fairness and is something every consumer GREATLY cares about. The things random people do to flex their networking 101 training :rolleyes:
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
7854 posts
8017 upvotes
gbx555 wrote: Uh huh, is that why Rogers/Bell hands our extenders like candy rather than make you apply for a license for one?

I'm sure EVERY person is carefully monitoring their spectrum and doing rf scans daily to ensure peak airtime fairness and is something every consumer GREATLY cares about. The things random people do to flex their networking 101 training :rolleyes:
So your position is akin to this: everyone else is wasting water washing their car daily, that means I should too?

Rogers/Bell are interested in MAKING MONEY, so handing out extenders 'solves' their customer's problem (even though it doesn't) in the cheapest way possible, without the customer knowing there are better ways that result in far better performance and less hassle (i.e. not having to change which WIFI network you connect to as you walk around the house).

So what exact position do you have here?

PS. BTW, this stuff is a hobby to me, no training involved, sorry to dissapoint.
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1074 posts
741 upvotes
Montreal
frendzpz wrote: How can I do mesh sysyterm myself?or do I have to consult professional?
Thanks
I'd suggest looking into TP-Link's Omada series. It's designed for professional settings, but is inexpensive and works well for homes too. You can just connect a couple of their EAP wireless access points to your existing router, turn off any current WIFI, and you've got a mesh network, with tons of future options if needed. It's very often on sale at Amazon.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
7854 posts
8017 upvotes
davidm wrote: I'd suggest looking into TP-Link's Omada series. It's designed for professional settings, but is inexpensive and works well for homes too. You can just connect a couple of their EAP wireless access points to your existing router, turn off any current WIFI, and you've got a mesh network, with tons of future options if needed. It's very often on sale at Amazon.
I second that recommendation. Keep an eye on Amazon warehouse deals, the APs often come up there for good savings.
Member
Sep 9, 2007
270 posts
240 upvotes
Burlington
Worst wifi range extender I purchased in the past. Had to return in few days.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 19, 2003
20087 posts
8010 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
gbx555 wrote: Uh huh, is that why Rogers/Bell hands our extenders like candy rather than make you apply for a license for one?

I'm sure EVERY person is carefully monitoring their spectrum and doing rf scans daily to ensure peak airtime fairness and is something every consumer GREATLY cares about. The things random people do to flex their networking 101 training :rolleyes:
You have it wrong. You only have so many channels to use before they start overlapping and even with 5ghz it becomes a problem with multiple access points since the higher speeds are all bonded channels. Even if you can put an extender on a channel that is not overlapping with any other APs in the area it's still a bad solution to the problem just adding another hop doubling or probably worse the latency as most "extenders" are trash level radios.
Jr. Member
Aug 31, 2020
134 posts
133 upvotes
BinaryJay wrote: You have it wrong. You only have so many channels to use before they start overlapping and even with 5ghz it becomes a problem with multiple access points since the higher speeds are all bonded channels. Even if you can put an extender on a channel that is not overlapping with any other APs in the area it's still a bad solution to the problem just adding another hop doubling or probably worse the latency as most "extenders" are trash level radios.
Guess you didn't read my last sentence? You still think this is of any concern to the average spotify/netflix guzzling household? You're on a deal site not stackoverflow lmao
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 19, 2003
20087 posts
8010 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
gbx555 wrote: Guess you didn't read my last sentence? You still think this is of any concern to the average spotify/netflix guzzling household? You're on a deal site not stackoverflow lmao
Just because someone isn't concerned about it doesn't mean it's a good choice for them and there is nothing wrong with educating someone about why a product might not be a great idea before they spend their money on it.
I can offer you a great deal on a set of winter tires with only 200,000 km on them, they absolutely roll just fine.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
7854 posts
8017 upvotes
gbx555 wrote: Guess you didn't read my last sentence? You still think this is of any concern to the average spotify/netflix guzzling household? You're on a deal site not stackoverflow lmao
Of course it's a concern, because most consumers buying these things end up returning them because they work poorly, BECAUSE of scarce spectrum in many places.

I personally know two people who have purchased these and ended up having a worse WIFI experience in their homes. I pushed them to buy a basic mesh setup and they LOVE the results.

These things are TRASH as a type of product, and just make the problem worse for everyone. The fact that 'everyone' doesn't know they are part of the cause of the problem is irrelavent.

Top