[Staples] AOC 24B1H 23.6" Monitor $99.97

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 2nd, 2020 9:09 am
[OP]
Feb 13, 2016
354 posts
386 upvotes

[Staples] AOC 24B1H 23.6" Monitor $99.97

Looks like a good deal for a nice WFH Monitor. Used the signup code with a filler item for $10 off.
15 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2005
4875 posts
1538 upvotes
let me save everyone the time...

omgz, VA panel, unacceptable!
only FHD?! c'mon, gotta get that 1440!!!
6ms response time!!!! what is this?! slow mo????
doesn't matter how many times you smash f5, this thing doesn't refresh (fat enough at 60hz.
can't mount it to my ceiling, ugh
Jan 8, 2015
640 posts
389 upvotes
Matrixvibe wrote: OoS :(
This was clearance months ago at this price and went OOS back then. And there was a $25 off coupon available to combine it with. I'd be interested to see if OP receives this.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2007
15086 posts
2211 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
BenK wrote: let me save everyone the time...

doesn't matter how many times you smash f5, this thing doesn't refresh (fat enough at 60hz.
What do you expect for sub $100..? lol

Was going to use it as a throwaway WFH monitor too.. cheapest for a non TN panel this size...
Deal Expert
May 14, 2007
15086 posts
2211 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
Quickman wrote: This was clearance months ago at this price and went OOS back then. And there was a $25 off coupon available to combine it with. I'd be interested to see if OP receives this.
:( dat phantom stock
Jan 8, 2015
640 posts
389 upvotes

Don't forget it has an external power supply brick! ;)
Dec 16, 2019
5 posts
27 upvotes

Why do people hate on VA panels? They have better contrast compared with IPS panels and better black uniformity. Sure viewing angles suffer a little but does that really matter for a computer monitor?
Jan 8, 2015
640 posts
389 upvotes
Ilikefreefood wrote: Why do people hate on VA panels? They have better contrast compared with IPS panels and better black uniformity. Sure viewing angles suffer a little but does that really matter for a computer monitor?
And no IPS glow.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
12181 posts
1752 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Ilikefreefood wrote: Why do people hate on VA panels? They have better contrast compared with IPS panels and better black uniformity. Sure viewing angles suffer a little but does that really matter for a computer monitor?
Because they're stupid.

Not every IPS panel is great. Just take a look at the newer T series ThinkPads, with their IPS panels that have ~60% sRGB.

Mind you, they might be gamers, who are only interested in 0.0000000001 ms response time, which is understandable.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
3504 posts
3789 upvotes
Toronto
I don’t get it.. it’s not even available... why does it matter what the specs are... what’s the point of this deal? Looks like it was not even available when the thread went up.
[OP]
Feb 13, 2016
354 posts
386 upvotes

Good luck finding something like that for less then $100.....
Deal Addict
May 8, 2002
4747 posts
1272 upvotes
Matrixvibe wrote: What do you expect for sub $100..? lol

Was going to use it as a throwaway WFH monitor too.. cheapest for a non TN panel this size...
onthemove wrote: Good luck finding something like that for less then $100.....
I think you guys all have something wrong with your sarcasm detector, he was obviously joking...

Great deal OP, if someone can find one
[OP]
Feb 13, 2016
354 posts
386 upvotes
joshmxpx wrote: I think you guys all have something wrong with your sarcasm detector, he was obviously joking...

Great deal OP, if someone can find one
Could tell if he was being sarcatic lool.....
I may have purchased the only one before it sold out