656 posts
313 upvotes
Montreal

APC Back-UPS Connect 90 Home Network Battery $30

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
33% off
APC Back-UPS connect 90 battery, good for adding a battery to network modems, routers etc.

On sale $30.

Dough
"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." Benjamin Franklin
36 replies
Mar 7, 2011
180 posts
303 upvotes
Mississauga
great price but pay attention to its intended use
outlets are two prong (no ground) so typically low draw devices only
Apr 18, 2011
177 posts
79 upvotes
Thanks. Ordered one for the modem and router since building management performs power tests every now and then. Added a Honeywell fan for free shipping.
May 13, 2009
4771 posts
8502 upvotes
Scarborough
I had an older APC UPS connected to my router and modem but that seems to interfere with my DSL line and wifi so I ended up using it for something else. Anyone else have this problem?
Eladmk
Moderator / Deal Sniper
RedFlagDeals.com Forum Rules and tips, read before posting
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/complet ... g-2031308/
Dec 5, 2004
229 posts
93 upvotes
GTA
Thanks OP, got one for my modem and router. Might be 1.3% rebate with GCR.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
12254 posts
6804 upvotes
Brampton
eladmk wrote: I had an older APC UPS connected to my router and modem but that seems to interfere with my DSL line and wifi so I ended up using it for something else. Anyone else have this problem?
If that's happening it's defective. I had to fight APC with a smartUPS once uphill battle but it paid off
Apr 5, 2005
548 posts
133 upvotes
Montreal
eladmk wrote: I had an older APC UPS connected to my router and modem but that seems to interfere with my DSL line and wifi so I ended up using it for something else. Anyone else have this problem?
Been using an old APC Back-ups with my router and modem for years without issues.
Deal Expert
Dec 23, 2003
15279 posts
3628 upvotes
Toronto
Are you filtering the RJ11 ports via the UPS? I found that filtering RJ11 or Coax causes problems. If you just treat it as a power bar, it works just fine.
Car Batteries - FAQ, General Information, Tips & Tricks

Car Buying Tips & Tricks

My Cell Phone Providers: Koodo Mobile and Zoomer Wireless
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2015
2860 posts
778 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Ordered two from last sale Only to realize it's two prong :(
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
5696 posts
4693 upvotes
Vancouver
foodyforlife wrote: Ordered two from last sale Only to realize it's two prong :(
You didn't look at it before you ordered? Or read the comment? RFD effect big time! :)

Ron.
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11543 posts
2542 upvotes
Montreal
newfbc wrote: You didn't look at it before you ordered? Or read the comment? RFD effect big time! :)
To be fair, this is not something people think of checking for a UPS. That's like having to check if a car comes with a radio, people don't think of checking that because it feels like it is a standard.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
13016 upvotes
Man.. Assuming there's a 12V 7.2Ah in there, i pay more than $30 for batteries...
Then again I'm snooty and basically only use Panasonics which are like $50ea.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10814 posts
5089 upvotes
Not too bad of a price ive been waiting on a 500Va but guess ill grab one of these for now.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
3640 posts
1182 upvotes
So this would be sufficient for modem and router I presume based on some of the comments in here?
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15556 posts
1023 upvotes
alkizmo wrote: To be fair, this is not something people think of checking for a UPS. That's like having to check if a car comes with a radio, people don't think of checking that because it feels like it is a standard.
That's the mistake I would have made if it wasn't pointed out to me. I used to have a full sized APC UPS until it broke (started beeping) and didn't like the "car battery" nature of it when I only used it to plug in one or two things.

I'd go for a smaller single plug unit...if it had a three prong plug.
mmack00 wrote: great price but pay attention to its intended use
outlets are two prong (no ground) so typically low draw devices only
And thanks clicked for pointing out it's only two pronged.
Should we have open retail markets to bring more UK and US retailers to Canada?wegmans-tops-trader-joes-americas-favou ... #p27788812
Jun 12, 2010
668 posts
409 upvotes
Toronto/Santa Monica
$15 to ship to their own store since they're OOS?!
Mar 21, 2009
243 posts
90 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
softech wrote: generally, how many minutes can this last?

thanks
My modem+router is burning ~15watt and this can give me ~3hours of runtime (could be more, but more than enough for my test and I don't want to fully drain my battery).
I have then plugged in a 7W LED bulb after a full charge, gave me ~6hours of runtime (could be more, similar idea as above).