[Staples] Apple iPad 9.7”, A10 Fusion Chip, 32GB $311.84

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2019 2:00 pm
Deal Addict
May 24, 2003
4090 posts
640 upvotes
Burlington, Ontario
thelefteyeguy wrote: yeah...an iphone 11 pro is not A10.
I was talking in regards to you saying it lags, It also lags on the A13 on the 11 pro... so.... again stating the lag is probably not processor based... I can also say the couple of times i played it on my iPhone 7 (A10 processor) it didn't exhibit the same issue, which has the A10, so based again based on my experience the lag isn't caused by the processor being inadequate
Aug 30, 2007
857 posts
51 upvotes
Richmond
Went to Staples store on my way home in downtown yesterday night.
Guy presented me with an open box ipad and said he'd give me 5% and a 2 year warranty on it (like Applecare but Staples does it). I told him I have no need for the warranty and would rather get a larger discount. No dice.
Found out the 10% off coupon still works as of yesterday night, bought from website with Ebates and got the $311 price tag. Pick-up is the Staples across from the office. Not bad!
My mom is still using Ipad 2 from 2011, which lags horribly now. To be fair I'm just surprised it still works!
Nov 22, 2017
139 posts
166 upvotes
I grabbed the iPad 6th gen 32GB with the discount code today at my local staples. The tag on the iPads was back to $430 full price, but it rang up at the cash for $350 and the 10% coupon code still worked no problem.

Deals no dead people! Go grab your discount iPads!
Sep 1, 2006
47 posts
2 upvotes
zywan0124 wrote: I think it's worth a little waiting for the iPad mini, $529-10% is not a really good price, unless you need it right away.
Picked up an Air also. Definitely more money but the A12 chip should buy me one more year of usefulness for both iPads. Should serve my kid well as her primary computer.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2003
4090 posts
640 upvotes
Burlington, Ontario
gsdye wrote: Picked up an Air also. Definitely more money but the A12 chip should buy me one more year of usefulness for both iPads. Should serve my kid well as her primary computer.
Just an FYI the mini 5 has the a12 as well
Nov 21, 2012
551 posts
416 upvotes
Toronto
For those that got an iPad from Staples recently and in the past few months. What are the first 3 letters in your iPad's serial number (this is the factory code which tells you where your iPad was manufactured/assembled)? I'm trying to determine if there is a pattern in quality control in these final batches of 6th gen iPads before they stopped production.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
47379 posts
5305 upvotes
Toronto
obscura wrote: For those that got an iPad from Staples recently and in the past few months. What are the first 3 letters in your iPad's serial number (this is the factory code which tells you where your iPad was manufactured/assembled)? I'm trying to determine if there is a pattern in quality control in these final batches of 6th gen iPads before they stopped production.
GG8
Nov 21, 2012
551 posts
416 upvotes
Toronto
Jimboski wrote: GG8
Thanks, these factory codes aren't documented, so they must be relatively new. A friend of mine mentioned he had issues with his screen not being aligned properly (I think the sides were not parallel to the bezel underneath the glass), his starts with GG7. I did read some people complained about this on their 5th gen iPads too though -- maybe they are just being too picky.
Jun 16, 2017
8 posts
4 upvotes
In Calgary, picked up an open box 32g gen 6 for $308+ tax and that’s including the Staples warranty. The 10% off code still works.