[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2019
1109 posts
4098 upvotes

[Staples] Apple Watch 6, $60 off and additional 5% off with coupon code

Apple Watch 6, $60 off plus 5% off using coupon code 82115

https://www.staples.ca/products/2978043 ... sport-band

The coupon code also works for Watch SE.

https://www.staples.ca/products/2978050 ... sport-band

Staples coupon codes:
staples-staples-coupons-megathread-389024/

Rakuten cashback is 1% on April 14.

Edit: Coupon code 94008 is no longer valid. new coupon code 81381 provides $25 off.
April 27: Coupon code 96533 provides 10% off.
April 28: Price for both Watch SE and Watch 6 drops by $60. Coupon code 82115 provides 5% off.
April 29: $60 discount for Watch SE is no longer available.
Last edited by qfli78 on Apr 30th, 2021 4:15 pm, edited 13 times in total.
143 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
19671 posts
5758 upvotes
Toronto
This Watch is basically obsolete. Not recommended.

The non-LTE version only has 8 GB storage, which means a lot of people complain about not being able to do software updates without wiping stuff off the Watch. Save up and buy a Watch SE. That comes with 32 GB storage, better screen, and much faster SoC.
Last edited by EugW on Apr 14th, 2021 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2019
1109 posts
4098 upvotes
EugW wrote: This watch is basically obsolete. Not recommended.

The non-LTE version only has 8 GB storage, which means a lot of people complain about not being able to do software updates without wiping stuff off the Watch. Save up and buy a Watch SE. That comes with 32 GB storage, better screen, and much faster SoC.
Good to know. Wondering what are the use case of this watch given Apple Store still sells it.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
19671 posts
5758 upvotes
Toronto
qfli78 wrote: Good to know. Wondering what are the use case of this watch given Apple Store still sells it.
It's cheap and it still works. Some people buy them for their kids, elderly parents, etc. for basic functionality. It also is cheap enough that you can use it for exercising in place of other exercise watches.

However, if you want a proper Apple Watch experience, the Series 3 is quite lacking, and people get frustrated having to reset their Watches or wipe apps just to do a basic firmware update.

The Watch SE is only $110 more. Yes, as a percentage that's a lot more than the 3, but in terms of absolute dollars, it's not that much more and the SE is a much, much better Watch. The Watch SE is basically a Series 5 but missing the ECG monitor and missing the Always-on-Display (but the Series 3 doesn't have those features either).
Last edited by EugW on Apr 14th, 2021 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2006
4599 posts
1239 upvotes
qfli78 wrote: Good to know. Wondering what are the use case of this watch given Apple Store still sells it.
Entry level for people with a budget or who want to test the waters. That's how Apple (and many other companies) get you. You see the entry level model price point and it's affordable so you do it. You like the product and life is good, but it can be better :) Next thing you know you're upgrading the product, buying other Apple products and buying apps, games, iCloud, Music, TV+, Arcade, etc. That Apple Watch Series 3 you bought on sale for $260 in 2021 ends up turning into a Watch Series 6, iPad, Macbook and $200 in iTunes cards by 2022 lol.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2013
1656 posts
2063 upvotes
GTA
I’ve had my Series 3 for 2 years now and love it. Paid $299 back then. I certainly wouldn’t be paying more than $150 for it now as we are on the cusp of a new Gen 7 later this year.

I’ll add that my battery life after 2 years of daily use is the same as when it was brand new.

My regular watches are collecting dust
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
1982 posts
1542 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Could go even lower, the new generation just in the corner
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
19671 posts
5758 upvotes
Toronto
Smartchen wrote: Could go even lower, the new generation just in the corner
Even if it goes below $200, I still wouldn't recommend it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2019
1109 posts
4098 upvotes
EugW wrote: It's cheap and it still works. Some people buy them for their kids, elderly parents, etc. for basic functionality. It also is cheap enough that you can use it for exercising in place of other exercise watches.

However, if you want a proper Apple Watch experience, the Series 3 is quite lacking, and people get frustrated having to reset their Watches or wipe apps just to do a basic firmware update.

The Watch SE is only $110 more. Yes, as a percentage that's a lot more than the 3, but in terms of absolute dollars, it's not that much more and the SE is a much, much better Watch. The Watch SE is basically a Series 5 but missing the ECG monitor and missing the Always-on-Display (but the Series 3 doesn't have those features either).
Thanks for the comments. Coupon code 94008 also works for Apple Watch SE.

Updated the post to include Apple Watch SE. 10% discount ($37) seems decent for Apple Watch SE which was release in late 2020.
Last edited by qfli78 on Apr 14th, 2021 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
1982 posts
1542 upvotes
Toronto, ON
EugW wrote: Even if it goes below $200, I still wouldn't recommend it.
Better than paying $300 +
I think below $200 is good to pull the trigger for non Apple fans who just simply need a smart watch, that’s the price level other brands would do
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
19671 posts
5758 upvotes
Toronto
Smartchen wrote: Better than paying $300 +
I think below $200 is good to pull the trigger for non Apple fans who just simply need a smart watch, that’s the price level other brands would do
No it's not. That's my point. I'd recommend getting nothing for $200, or else a Watch SE for $300+.

The Watch 3 is at the end of its life, and people are already having serious storage issues with it. Remember, Watch Series 3 is four years old.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
1583 posts
397 upvotes
Edmonton
Thanks OP for posting.
I think I will pull the trigger on a $330 first Apple watch.
It might be a dumb q so please excuse me. Anyone know the work around to use Air Miles cash miles for online purchase with coupon code? TIA and stay safe.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2019
1109 posts
4098 upvotes
Added Apple Watch SE 44mm ($369) to the OP. Revised post title to focus on Apple Watch SE based on feedback.
Mar 25, 2009
142 posts
152 upvotes
Scarborough
Is this code specifically for these two Apple watches?

Does it work on anything else?
Aug 30, 2015
664 posts
947 upvotes
BC
I've not been on focused on Apple Watch SE price movements - is this a good deal for the 40mm? I wasn't in the market for one, but now my daughter has shown me that her series 1 is bulging to the point the screen is separating from the body, I imagine I'll be needing one soonish.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2019
1109 posts
4098 upvotes
setlist wrote: I've not been on focused on Apple Watch SE price movements - is this a good deal for the 40mm? I wasn't in the market for one, but now my daughter has shown me that her series 1 is bulging to the point the screen is separating from the body, I imagine I'll be needing one soonish.
I have not been following up with Apple Watch price closely. However, since this watch is released in Sept. 2020, and it is not available at Apple Education Store, 10% off probably is a good deal.
Feb 4, 2021
18 posts
12 upvotes
Thank you OP. Ordered a 44mm SE.

I've been waiting for a sale on these for a while after missing out on the Canadian Tire money Sportchek had a few weeks ago.

To anyone asking, this is pretty much as hot as it's going to get for the SE for a while. They're hardly ever on sale and hold their value really well even in the resale market.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
19671 posts
5758 upvotes
Toronto
setlist wrote: I've not been on focused on Apple Watch SE price movements - is this a good deal for the 40mm? I wasn't in the market for one, but now my daughter has shown me that her series 1 is bulging to the point the screen is separating from the body, I imagine I'll be needing one soonish.
The Staples Xmas sale and the Sport Chek CT Money Xmas and recent sales were better, but this 10% off is not bad.

The big score was for the Series 5 when they went on clearance at Xmas at Staples, but they're all sold out now. For example, I and others at RFD bought the Series 5 with stainless steel case, sapphire crystal, LTE cellular, and Milanese band for $485. A few people even managed to get them for as low as $450 IIRC. These initially cost $990 or something like that.

Last edited by EugW on Apr 14th, 2021 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2019
1109 posts
4098 upvotes
Edited the post to mention 1% Rakuten cashback for staples. This increases discount to 11% :-)