Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

ASUS 23.8" IPS Frameless Monitor with AMD FreeSync Technology - VA24EHEY

Aug 8, 2008
455 posts
316 upvotes
The Dell says. Full HD (1080p) 1920 x 1080 (VGA: 60 Hz, HDMI: 75 Hz)

So using HDMI it will be 75hz refresh. Still Asus is better?
Apr 27, 2015
249 posts
140 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I have both and visually i would say the DELL 'looks' better in my eyes. I just use it to surf the net/watch movies so not too sure about the refresh rate specs etc. I purchased the Dell monitor in March and waited till May for it to come, I was told it would not be available till end of June. I decided to cancel the order and purchase the ASUS instead. No regrets on the ASUS though.

lexar123 wrote: How does the Asus compare to this Dell? IPSand 75hz refresh.
With the extra 10% off it’s roughly same price

https://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/dell-24 ... ccessories
Jan 25, 2014
24 posts
41 upvotes
Seems to support 1080p 75hz with hdmi but not with DVI, i'm only seeing 1080p 60hz in the list. Very annoying will have to return this if i can't figure it out.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5779 posts
6722 upvotes
Alberta
My friend bought this monitor yesterday and I gave him an old PC I had for his garage. Seems like a pretty decent monitor for this price. Thanks op.
Jan 17, 2020
38 posts
12 upvotes
Cowser wrote: Seems to support 1080p 75hz with hdmi but not with DVI, i'm only seeing 1080p 60hz in the list. Very annoying will have to return this if i can't figure it out.
Did you figure it out? I have my laptop plugged in with an HDMI cord but it's only 60hz. How do i get it to 75?
I'm new to all of this
Mar 19, 2015
499 posts
873 upvotes
TEagle wrote: Did you figure it out? I have my laptop plugged in with an HDMI cord but it's only 60hz. How do i get it to 75?
I'm new to all of this
Not sure if you have an Nvidia graphics card or not but if you right click the desktop (where your wallpaper is) and click Nvidia Control Panel you get a window with "Display settings" on the left side. Click "Change Resolution" under that and choose 1920 x 1080 then change it from 60 Hz to 75 Hz. If you don't have a Nvidia graphics card there should be a way built in to Windows 10 that lets you change it. Here's an article I found while Googling: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-chan ... windows-10

75 Hz through HDMI should definitely work with your laptop since that's what I'm doing now, but I'm not sure if DVI will work.
Jan 17, 2020
38 posts
12 upvotes
Nypheral wrote: Not sure if you have an Nvidia graphics card or not but if you right click the desktop (where your wallpaper is) and click Nvidia Control Panel you get a window with "Display settings" on the left side. Click "Change Resolution" under that and choose 1920 x 1080 then change it from 60 Hz to 75 Hz. If you don't have a Nvidia graphics card there should be a way built in to Windows 10 that lets you change it. Here's an article I found while Googling: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-chan ... windows-10

75 Hz through HDMI should definitely work with your laptop since that's what I'm doing now, but I'm not sure if DVI will work.
I figure it out. Right click desktop->Display->Advanced Display Settings->Select the monitor -> Display adapter properties for Display 2 -> Monitor-> Change the refresh rate from 60 to 75.
Thank you for the response.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
7410 posts
6686 upvotes
Toronto
Quick question: I plan on using this as a second monitor for my Macbook Air....I might occasionally want to plug in my PS4. It's not the worst monitor for a gaming console, right? I have wireless headphones for audio.
Koodo Mobile
Apr 22, 2013
260 posts
2303 upvotes
Woodbridge
Anyone know which cable adaptor I need to get this to work with a MacBook Air? I’m getting confused. I’d rather not spend $85 to get an Apple adaptor. Also I’m not sure how this works with the refresh rate. Apple’s website says 60 is the max? God I hate tech sometimes lol
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2014
3039 posts
1638 upvotes
ON
Gaesh7 wrote: Anyone know which cable adaptor I need to get this to work with a MacBook Air? I’m getting confused. I’d rather not spend $85 to get an Apple adaptor. Also I’m not sure how this works with the refresh rate. Apple’s website says 60 is the max? God I hate tech sometimes lol
USB-C to HDMI adapter
Deal Expert
May 14, 2007
15496 posts
2735 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
Ordered with the newsletter coupon on Friday evening and received mine yesterday morning. Dat stOopleS delivery is quite quick!

Like others have said the stand feels really cheap but for an IPS panel at $129.99 with coupon shipped, you really can't complain.

Thanks again OP!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
7410 posts
6686 upvotes
Toronto
You can connect speakers to this easily, right?
Koodo Mobile
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
1668 posts
215 upvotes
Toronto
Said212 wrote: You can connect speakers to this easily, right?
This monitor doesn't have any speakers or an audio output.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
7410 posts
6686 upvotes
Toronto
Broli's Mom wrote: This monitor doesn't have any speakers or an audio output.
Ah good to know. Thanks.
Koodo Mobile
Jan 9, 2012
365 posts
447 upvotes
Brampton
Cowser wrote: Seems to support 1080p 75hz with hdmi but not with DVI, i'm only seeing 1080p 60hz in the list. Very annoying will have to return this if i can't figure it out.
Did you figure it out? Bought a DVI cable recently for this monitor.

Unfortunate too since my HDMI input is already taken up by another screen.
Jun 30, 2016
225 posts
152 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
Anyone here running into issues playing "Prime Video" or "Netflix" on the external monitor?

I've setup this monitor as an extended device in Windows 10. Whenever I open the Prime Video window, the Asus monitor is automatically turned off and says "No Signal".

From my limited searching, this looks like a problem with HDCP and/or DRM: https://www.amazonforum.com/s/question/ ... y-computer

Edit: I also have a Macbook which doesn't have this issue, so I'm not sure what's going on here.

This is a no go for me and I may return the monitor if my attempt with drivers upgrade doesn't work.

Edit2: Just tried the Windows10 computer with a different Dell 24" monitor in the house. Absolutely no issues playing the video there. So it's the combination of my Win10 laptop with this Asus monitor that's throwing things off.
Last edited by urover on Jun 16th, 2020 11:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Apr 2, 2015
496 posts
423 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Gaesh7 wrote: Anyone know which cable adaptor I need to get this to work with a MacBook Air? I’m getting confused. I’d rather not spend $85 to get an Apple adaptor. Also I’m not sure how this works with the refresh rate. Apple’s website says 60 is the max? God I hate tech sometimes lol
Old Macbook Air or new? If old, you want thunderbolt to HDMI, if new you want USB-C to HDMI