Expired Hot Deals

[Staples] Asus Blue Cave AC2600 Wireless Router - $99.99

  • Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2020 10:01 am
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 28, 2016
15647 posts
1929 upvotes
Out west
Sounds like Im glad I got this, although mine will probably sit for awhile. With summer here better internet in the house isnt at the top of my list.
Member
User avatar
Aug 19, 2009
342 posts
214 upvotes
Hilarious buying experience. One cashier went to check if it's eligible for the 25% off while another went to get my item from their locked storage (online order pick-up). Came out with the box, said "wat, this thing is a router??"
LOL'd
"I thought this was a Dyson fan".
LOL x2
Went to scan the thing, their garbage system shows "barcode not found" error box with a "cancel" button as the only option. So he clicked on it, another error msg popped up "UNKNOWN ERROR", with only a "OK" button as the option. As soon as he clicked on "OK" , the same error msg popped up again.
"ARE U SERIOUS"
OmegaLUL
Asked to use the $10 off $75 on top, was told to add something since it's less than $75 after the 25% off.
I had 2 choices, Post-It notes for $0.99, or Kinder Surprise for $1.69.
Logic side of me said "dude pick the Post-it to maximize rebate".
Kid inside me said "how often do u even use Post-it notes lmao Kinder egg ez choice".
So total around $75 bucks for a router and a Kinder egg.

Thx OP and the many people who posted receipt pix and the info on the extra 25% off.
I thought RFD was supposed to help me SAVE money .... -__-|
Zoomer, Tangerine.
Carrytel internet is only good if you do NOT game. Do not get Carrytel if you do, you WILL regret it.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 28, 2016
15647 posts
1929 upvotes
Out west
So almost a year later, I am getting around to unboxing this. I received a new switch from Amazon yesterday, and cleaning up/streamlining my network to put as much stuff as possible on wired connection

Anyway, I current have an Asus RT-N56U that's still going strong after I don't know how many years, but the range in our new house compared to our old one seems to drop on another floor

Anyway, looking at the AImesh system, I was excited to set up my system like that, use old hardware instead of just collecting dust. But my model is too old, and wont work with the AIMesh system.

Is there still a way to use the old Asus router for the second floor so it can connect to the Bluecave to stop the wireless dead spots? With AImesh its a seemless switchover on phones/laptops on the how to videos. Can this be accomplished the same way without AIMesh?

As well, I have a bunch of Powerlink adapters from the old house as well. Could a person put the old router at a power outlet and use a Powerlink adapter, then just clone the settings so wireless names/passwords are the same. Would devices connect to a stronger signal automatically then, or would devices get confused with duplicate wireless names?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 11, 2004
9149 posts
1959 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Depending on firmware, you could use 5Ghz to connect the secondary to the primary router and then connect to it on the 2.4Ghz using either same or different SSID, doing so however half your thoughput to the internet.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 28, 2016
15647 posts
1929 upvotes
Out west
Daijoubu wrote: Depending on firmware, you could use 5Ghz to connect the secondary to the primary router and then connect to it on the 2.4Ghz using either same or different SSID, doing so however half your thoughput to the internet.
Well what I will first do is just do some testing the next couple days. This router has better output wirelessly than the old router. Maybe it will be enough to cover the house without the disconnects like now. If so I may not even need to utilize my old router like I thought.
Sr. Member
Apr 11, 2003
652 posts
133 upvotes
Edmonton
WikkiWikki wrote: So almost a year later, I am getting around to unboxing this. I received a new switch from Amazon yesterday, and cleaning up/streamlining my network to put as much stuff as possible on wired connection

Anyway, I current have an Asus RT-N56U that's still going strong after I don't know how many years, but the range in our new house compared to our old one seems to drop on another floor

Anyway, looking at the AImesh system, I was excited to set up my system like that, use old hardware instead of just collecting dust. But my model is too old, and wont work with the AIMesh system.

Is there still a way to use the old Asus router for the second floor so it can connect to the Bluecave to stop the wireless dead spots? With AImesh its a seemless switchover on phones/laptops on the how to videos. Can this be accomplished the same way without AIMesh?

As well, I have a bunch of Powerlink adapters from the old house as well. Could a person put the old router at a power outlet and use a Powerlink adapter, then just clone the settings so wireless names/passwords are the same. Would devices connect to a stronger signal automatically then, or would devices get confused with duplicate wireless names?
It would be a second interfering SSID with the same name, and the switchover would not be seemless. That's the magic sauce that "mesh" brings.

Sell the old router. Pick up anything that's AIMesh compatible. You'll be far far hapier.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 28, 2016
15647 posts
1929 upvotes
Out west
netwise wrote: It would be a second interfering SSID with the same name, and the switchover would not be seemless. That's the magic sauce that "mesh" brings.

Sell the old router. Pick up anything that's AIMesh compatible. You'll be far far hapier.
Thanks, I will see if the new router is better just by itself first. We never had an issue in the old house, and the new place is the same levels and type. But we live in the city now, so not sure if neighbouring cross talk is the issue or what. Looking at the GUI of the Bluecave I have way more options that my old Asus router. I cant remember how old it is now,

Top