Expired Hot Deals

[Staples] ASUS Rog Rapture Gt-AC5300 299.99$

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 9th, 2020 11:43 am
[OP]
Newbie
Mar 29, 2020
1 posts
5 upvotes

[Staples] ASUS Rog Rapture Gt-AC5300 299.99$

ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Tri-Band Gaming Router for $299.99

Reg: $459.99
Save: $160.00
Expires: 4/14/2020 11:59 PM

https://www.staples.ca/products/2794999 ... ing-router
8 replies
Newbie
Aug 15, 2017
35 posts
8 upvotes
Vancouver
Can't seem to get the VPN Fusion working, or connect to a VPN at all. Bought 3 weeks ago, missed my return window due to the current situation having stores close to me closed, and now stuck with it...
Newbie
Apr 20, 2015
44 posts
23 upvotes
Montr
Wouldn't they be a bit more open based on the situation? Did you ask?
Jr. Member
User avatar
Aug 30, 2009
185 posts
37 upvotes
Markham
Is it worth upgrading to this from a AC1900 (R7000) router or is it better to wait for AX to mature? Speeds and stability have been solid for the most part just concerned about reaching the device upper bound.
Newbie
User avatar
Dec 1, 2019
62 posts
76 upvotes
Timmins
bunshichi wrote: Is it worth upgrading to this from a AC1900 (R7000) router or is it better to wait for AX to mature? Speeds and stability have been solid for the most part just concerned about reaching the device upper bound.

Wait for AX. I have AX and it's infinitely faster than AC. In actual throughput I went from 100mb/s from an AC extender to 500-800mb/s using the router directly.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35524 posts
21577 upvotes
Center of Universe
bunshichi wrote: Is it worth upgrading to this from a AC1900 (R7000) router or is it better to wait for AX to mature? Speeds and stability have been solid for the most part just concerned about reaching the device upper bound.
Netgear is more reliable than Asus from my experience (I have both R7000 and AC-86u), but the R7000 can't handle gigabit internet.
Sr. Member
Nov 7, 2013
989 posts
782 upvotes
Ottawa
Bansal wrote: Can't seem to get the VPN Fusion working, or connect to a VPN at all. Bought 3 weeks ago, missed my return window due to the current situation having stores close to me closed, and now stuck with it...
I have this router. Which VPN service are you using? NordVPN doesn't work well in it but Express VPN, AirVPN and VPN Unlimited do.

Also, you should b able to return it regardless of their original return policy. Most places have extended all returns based on this situation.
Member
User avatar
Dec 10, 2010
304 posts
238 upvotes
BuillizMinster wrote: Wait for AX. I have AX and it's infinitely faster than AC. In actual throughput I went from 100mb/s from an AC extender to 500-800mb/s using the router directly.

Depends on what AX you are using. For the price the AX routers are not worth it. This one was one of the pinnacles of AC. I have this and TP link AX 3000 and this one out performs the AX since it has quad core for more throughput. Your AC extender probably had less processing capability. So not necessarily a fair comparison. Also most of the AX routers out there right now were not certified. I would wait for AX if you want next step. This is great overall.

AX3000 on beanfield 1gbps speed on wifi -200/300
GT-AC5300 on same internet plan on wifi - 400/500
Gt-Ac5300 Ethernet cable - 800/900
Newbie
Aug 15, 2017
35 posts
8 upvotes
Vancouver
aidendanger wrote: I have this router. Which VPN service are you using? NordVPN doesn't work well in it but Express VPN, AirVPN and VPN Unlimited do.

Also, you should b able to return it regardless of their original return policy. Most places have extended all returns based on this situation.
ExpressVPN. Couldn't get it working with this or NordVPN. When I get it connected to ExpressVPN, it will connect, but basically shuts down the internet on the entire network. Can't connect to anything.

Top