Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

STAPLES AND BB - Asus ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 -$299 PM at CC or ME for more discount

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 6th, 2020 12:52 pm
Dec 10, 2010
772 posts
777 upvotes
GTA

STAPLES AND BB - Asus ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 -$299 PM at CC or ME for more discount

Deal Link:
Price:
$299
Savings:
$160
Expiry:
February 27, 2020
Just saw this online while looking at RT-N66U thread. Remember to use code 72552 for $25 off $250 or more.

Edit: Starting Feb 21 Best Buy has it on sale as well!

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/as ... 0/11278116

Can PM at Canada computers or memory express I believe for more discount as they price beat.

https://www.canadacomputers.com/product ... _id=111697

https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX68022

I personally got mine at Best Buy since I had gift cards to use.
Last edited by tianos on Feb 21st, 2020 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
31 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2005
2797 posts
1133 upvotes
Only price match, no more price beat.... :(
King of the farm
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2013
2318 posts
1182 upvotes
Richmond Hill
ax is coming so AC is clearing
Dec 10, 2010
772 posts
777 upvotes
GTA
jacky190424 wrote: ax is coming so AC is clearing
True but AX clients are not as readily available yet though. But this one would be sick for AiMesh if anyone has a big house. Get two of them lol

Also AX routers are too expensive for this bandwidth. $399+ for AX6000 models.
Banned
Sep 20, 2019
331 posts
474 upvotes
Would this router be recommend for a 3 storie house where the router is in basement?

I have tried Netgear R7000 R8000 R8000P Asus AC86u and the Linksys EA9500v2

All of these routers only give me 50-60mbps on the top floor of house on the 5ghz band, not enough to stream some things that need 200mbps

I keep reading things like 5400 square feet and 3000 square feet, but signal always so weak on upper floor :(

People keep saying get multiple routers all over, but then I won't have a good stable main router to manage with low ping and stuff for gaming.
The one, the only, the original, SIZZLING FRYING PAN HOT DEALS - DEAL GOD!
Dec 30, 2006
331 posts
330 upvotes
Oakville
Thanks for highlighting this sale... I bought this router for $299 I think around boxing day time and it seems pretty fast and powerful. I simply connected it to our Rogers modem/router (didn't even bridge mode it, to just try and keep it simple) and the ASUS gives me a new WIFI network and just gets internet from the modem and it's worked very well. I'm not sure I believe the speedtest results because sometimes they go as high as 200-300 mbps with the 5G band and with 2.4 Ghz band it was much slower I think around 30-70 mbps off the top of my head. That's with WIFI not hard wire connection due to where modem is and through a bunch of walls. I'm going to buy this again to see if AIRMESH works and if I put a second router right next to my PC in my room and hard wire it to the router, will I see faster speeds?
I can always return it if it's useless... but on the other hand it might just help if we have WIFI weak spots if airmesh works, so for this price might be worth keeping.

I've thought about AX and hate to purchase old tech, but I figure to get this quality router at such a discount may be worth it since it performs quite well and I will likely take years to get AX devices to benefit from AX router which is much more expensive now if I want this quality so might as well buy this and in a couple of years reassess things... I think this is a good value proposition.

Anyway,sorry longwinded... just saying thanks for alerting me to the price and the coupon b/c it's cheaper than what I paid for my first one with this $25 off coupon. :)
Nov 23, 2017
417 posts
378 upvotes
5g does not penetrate as well as 2.4g. It could be that no single router is going to give you want you want given your situation.

I have this router and it’s coverage works very well for me. I don’t know what half the features of this router are for though. It’s pretty overkill for what I do but it does seem to work well on the latest firmware.
MauriceLaFlamme wrote: Would this router be recommend for a 3 storie house where the router is in basement?

I have tried Netgear R7000 R8000 R8000P Asus AC86u and the Linksys EA9500v2

All of these routers only give me 50-60mbps on the top floor of house on the 5ghz band, not enough to stream some things that need 200mbps

I keep reading things like 5400 square feet and 3000 square feet, but signal always so weak on upper floor :(

People keep saying get multiple routers all over, but then I won't have a good stable main router to manage with low ping and stuff for gaming.
Banned
Sep 20, 2019
331 posts
474 upvotes
ryan0462 wrote: 5g does not penetrate as well as 2.4g. It could be that no single router is going to give you want you want given your situation.

I have this router and it’s coverage works very well for me. I don’t know what half the features of this router are for though. It’s pretty overkill for what I do but it does seem to work well on the latest firmware.
So then what are my options, if I want to keep the stability of the more stable routers capable of handling 50+ devices at the same time, the features like full access control, QOS, port forwarding, DMZ.

Someone suggested I get some cheap AC1200 mesh 2pack router, but wouldn't that be a significant downgrade overall? Sure it may give me better WiFi, but if it comes at the expense of increased latency, more crashes, more reboots, it wouldn't be worth it, so what's the alternative
The one, the only, the original, SIZZLING FRYING PAN HOT DEALS - DEAL GOD!
Nov 7, 2016
472 posts
334 upvotes
tianos wrote: Just saw this online while looking at RT-N66U thread. Remember to use code 72552 for $25 off $250 or more.

Can PM at Canada computers or memory express I believe for more discount as they price beat.

https://www.canadacomputers.com/product ... _id=111697

https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX68022

I personally got mine at Best Buy since I had gift cards to use.
Did BB price match the after coupon price?
Dec 10, 2010
772 posts
777 upvotes
GTA
runbrun11 wrote: Did BB price match the after coupon price?
I tried to show them in cart price with coupon but no luck Disappointed Face
Feb 19, 2017
541 posts
396 upvotes
You're not gaming unless you're using a gaming router. The more spikes the faster it is.*

* Or you could use a wired connection for best performance :0
Dec 10, 2010
772 posts
777 upvotes
GTA
runbrun11 wrote: How does this compare to ac86u?
More ports, tri-band, more ram. The ac68u is great if you want to run merlin RT firmware. I don’t like to tinker with firmware myself though and since price is similar I chose this one.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2002
1956 posts
368 upvotes
Kitchener
Worthy upgrade from an ac3200 for a 3 story house?
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1773 posts
2867 upvotes
Kingston
Excellent router... I've had it for 2 years
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
6116 posts
4613 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
MauriceLaFlamme wrote: So then what are my options, if I want to keep the stability of the more stable routers capable of handling 50+ devices at the same time, the features like full access control, QOS, port forwarding, DMZ.

Someone suggested I get some cheap AC1200 mesh 2pack router, but wouldn't that be a significant downgrade overall? Sure it may give me better WiFi, but if it comes at the expense of increased latency, more crashes, more reboots, it wouldn't be worth it, so what's the alternative
Honestly, if latency is a main concern, I would spend the extra money to hardwire your house. You can go big and wire every room which may cost around $2-3k. Your internet provider may even be able to do it for you as well. I know Telus or Shaw here can run a wire on the outside to install an outlet if you don't mind having wires visible. Cost like $50 each but you can usually get it waived as part of your package.
Nov 23, 2017
417 posts
378 upvotes
I’m far from a wireless expert. Have you tried running a mesh setup to see how it works? All I can say is that if low latency and high speed is priority than a wired Ethernet connection to the most important devices can’t be beat.
MauriceLaFlamme wrote: So then what are my options, if I want to keep the stability of the more stable routers capable of handling 50+ devices at the same time, the features like full access control, QOS, port forwarding, DMZ.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)