Expired Hot Deals

[Staples] Beautyrest Platinum Sofil Executive Chair, Grey | $215 | Pick-up Only

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 23rd, 2021 3:29 pm
[OP]
Member
Dec 2, 2013
477 posts
765 upvotes

[Staples] Beautyrest Platinum Sofil Executive Chair, Grey | $215 | Pick-up Only

Not sure if this chair is on clearance, nonetheless the save an additional 25% on lowest Clearance price does apply on this chair. Use coupon code 93205. It's $289.97 - 25%. Don't forget additional 1% Rakuten CB.

Looks like a great chair at a great price, has very good reviews especially on Staples US website. Some of the good things noted from the reviews are, very good padding, deep seat, great lumbar support, high back, good for tall people, quality finish. No stock for delivery, you can only pick-up from stores with stock. Use different postal codes to check stock in your area. Some people reported in other threads that Staples will allow you to return the chair assembled if you don't like it.

Image
8 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 22, 2014
2833 posts
2154 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Bonded leather (polyurethane with a few strands of hide fibre under it just to be able to call it "leather") is just never a good idea on anything that will experience wear, such as a chair.
[OP]
Member
Dec 2, 2013
477 posts
765 upvotes
OakAged wrote: Bonded leather (polyurethane with a few strands of hide fibre under it just to be able to call it "leather") is just never a good idea on anything that will experience wear, such as a chair.
Expecting a grain-leather chair at $215...
BMW, Benz and Audi use almost only bonded leather for their seats...
10-Year Limited Warranty on the chair and apparently covers the seat based on some reviews...
+1K reviews on staples website with +4.5 stars...
The chair is meant to be sat on, not to make sex
On...
Last edited by elideli on Jan 23rd, 2021 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Newbie
Mar 26, 2018
85 posts
118 upvotes
Saskatoon
elideli wrote: Expecting a grain-leather chair at $215...
BMW, Benz and Audi use almost only bonded leather for their seats...
10-Year Limited Warranty on the chair and apparently covers the seat based on some reviews...
+1K reviews on staples website with +4.5 stars...
The chair is meant to be sat on, not to make sex with....
WELL IM OUT BECAUSE OF THAT....
Member
Sep 6, 2016
202 posts
228 upvotes
Calgary
Well I'll be sure to add a cushion before I get in the mood ...

Was finally able to order. Been trying last couple of days at all stores in Calgary that showed 1 in stock, but the orders never went through completely because I guess they weren't really in stock. Very frustrating. Luckily, however, it worked at one of the stores just now. Hope it doesn't get cancelled!
Member
Jun 10, 2020
300 posts
249 upvotes
elideli wrote: Expecting a grain-leather chair at $215...
BMW, Benz and Audi use almost only bonded leather for their seats...
10-Year Limited Warranty on the chair and apparently covers the seat based on some reviews...
+1K reviews on staples website with +4.5 stars...
The chair is meant to be sat on, not to make sex with....
But, but.... How does one 'make sex' with a chair??

.... Inquiring minds want to know.......... For a friend.
Member
Jun 10, 2020
300 posts
249 upvotes
elideli wrote: Expecting a grain-leather chair at $215...
BMW, Benz and Audi use almost only bonded leather for their seats...
10-Year Limited Warranty on the chair and apparently covers the seat based on some reviews...
+1K reviews on staples website with +4.5 stars...
The chair is meant to be sat on, not to make sex with....
Nice, Nice.... Very Nice... </Upvote>
I make-a the sex?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 22, 2014
2833 posts
2154 upvotes
Toronto, ON
elideli wrote: Expecting a grain-leather chair at $215...
BMW, Benz and Audi use almost only bonded leather for their seats...
10-Year Limited Warranty on the chair and apparently covers the seat based on some reviews...
+1K reviews on staples website with +4.5 stars...
The chair is meant to be sat on, not to make sex
On...
Your wild assumption of my expectation is incorrect.
Your suggestion that BMW, Benz and Audi use the same level of plastic fabric that's used on a $215 chair is unrealistic.
Your assumption of my purpose for a chair is ridiculous and childish.
However your point that seat wear is covered by a ten-year warranty would be an appropriate response -- if it were true. The Staples website in the OP has zero reviews. The U.S. site does have reviews, but the only ones that contain the word "warranty" are saying they recommend purchasing the extended warranty, and it's only three years, and no mention of seat wear in the same reviews. If you can find a single review where the owner has had the chair for more than a couple years and uses it a lot and has no issue with wear, please do post it here.
Thanks.

Top