• Sep 22nd, 2020 10:56 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
1126 posts
602 upvotes
Oakville

[Staples] Brother Label Makers

I have been eyeing a certain Brother Label maker for 6 months or so for home use. Staples has a few of them on sale for the lowest price I have seen to date....some close to 60% off. Prices are lower than refurbished units (never in stock) on the Brother Canada website.

So if you are looking for a label printer, you may want to check it out.

Link to sale label makers
113 replies
Sep 8, 2006
862 posts
531 upvotes
Edmonton
Which one did you get?
Mar 23, 2017
529 posts
943 upvotes
Toronto
Nemrod wrote: ↑
Probably the best deal:
https://www.staples.ca/products/2494431 ... abel-maker

I was looking at both of these. It seems the difference is the m95 has more type style, which I assume are fonts, but the H110 can be used plugged in and has more features. Anyone seeing otherwise? I get the sense, for an extra $5, go with the H110 and save on long term cost of batteries.

This is pretty good timing. I ordered one yesterday and will return to get one of these.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
1126 posts
602 upvotes
Oakville
Simby wrote: Which one did you get?
I purchased this one. I use a similar one at work. I like that it can interface with an app on your PC or Mac for label design. Makes it so much easier to use the app. It will take the widest label size range up to 94mm (1"). And you can plug it in or use batteries.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
3716 posts
1175 upvotes
SamG852 wrote: I was looking at both of these. It seems the difference is the m95 has more type style, which I assume are fonts, but the H110 can be used plugged in and has more features. Anyone seeing otherwise? I get the sense, for an extra $5, go with the H110 and save on long term cost of batteries.

This is pretty good timing. I ordered one yesterday and will return to get one of these.
Also looked into it, the H110 uses the TZe tape, which is laminated and can be used outdoors (waterproof, maybe?). The M95 uses the M tape which is non-laminated and indoors only - that's my take in the 5 minutes I've read about these.

Ordered the H110 for versatility, ability to store 15 labels (rather than 3 of the M95), and the fact you can plug it in and not use batteries.
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2006
1023 posts
4361 upvotes
Nice prices for sure! I have such nice handwriting, so I like my handwritten labels, so I'll pass but I can see these label makers being useful to some.
Jan 1, 2019
47 posts
88 upvotes
Thank you for this info, I'm going to get the H110 for outdoor use, labeling my garden. :)
Apr 20, 2004
152 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto
how about the tape refills? amazon knockoffs?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
1126 posts
602 upvotes
Oakville
unreg991 wrote: how about the tape refills? amazon knockoffs?
I get them locally from ezselection or Amazon.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
1583 posts
1301 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
This one is no good. I mean its a good device, but it eats up the battery way to fast, idk why it uses so much battery power, and if i recall i dont think there is a wall plug that can be used with it. I resold it to someone on kijiji for like 20 bucks or something.
😎Thanks RFD😎
Nov 13, 2017
91 posts
90 upvotes
Ontario
These ones are good, but I don't think they're worth the regular listed price. I've been using a Dymo labalemanager 160 for the last few years, which is the equivalent to that $20 brother vertical handheld one, regularly goes on sale for $25-$30, and has cheap label cartridges w/ multiple colour options that you can get from aliexpress. It's really handy for basic quick/neat labelling around the house - I use it for a lot of my home-based IT stuff, labelling cables, hard drives, ports, home servers in the same array, etc. I've since upgraded to a labelwriter 450 which stays plugged into my desktop so I can print graphics and custom symbols/fonts on labels as well, but the portability of these smaller ones is really nice. Being able to type and print a label on the spot is super handy.

Anyway, I much prefer the vertical handheld ones compared to the horizontal ones. They're more versatile in that they're much easier to use one-handed, and are still very comfortable for two-handed use. So I'd personally go for the $20 one.
Jul 5, 2008
560 posts
287 upvotes
Had bought a handheld Dymo end of last week on sale but returned it this week and got the Brother DT400 @ 40$ as the keyboard is larger and easier to use.