Expired Hot Deals

[Staples] Brother Label Makers

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2020 10:56 pm
Dec 1, 2010
135 posts
65 upvotes
Windsor
I own a Brother PT D210 and you can adjust label length by toggling with 'Margin' function.

I bought label cassettes from Amazon [2pk $13], laminated ones hold up very well, use it for all the kids stuff for school.

Used Mabel's labels a couple times and this was the better option in the long run
Last edited by socioguru on Sep 13th, 2020 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
8609 posts
4965 upvotes
Toronto
infamousdealer wrote: I saw that as well. That’s a big turn off and waste. No way to change the settings to consume less?
Not sure about the 110 but higher models have a “chain” setting that doesn’t waste any except on the first label, very nice to have.

Also you can buy aftermarket labels on Amazon, don’t know how good but at 1/5 the price you can go crazy.

https://www.amazon.ca/Replace-Compatibl ... B072M3XKLS
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2014
1635 posts
502 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Angultra wrote: Not sure about the 110 but higher models have a “chain” setting that doesn’t waste any except on the first label, very nice to have.

Also you can buy aftermarket labels on Amazon, don’t know how good but at 1/5 the price you can go crazy.

https://www.amazon.ca/Replace-Compatibl ... B072M3XKLS
110 also has the chain printing feature.

Thousands of different label tapes on amazon. Which laminated one is the good buy? Kids would love the colorful labels.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2014
1635 posts
502 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
socioguru wrote: I own a Brother PTD200 and you can adjust label length by toggling with 'Margin' function.

I buy label cassettes from Amazon, laminated ones hold up very well, use it for all the kids stuff for school.

Used Mabel's labels a couple times and this was the better option in the long run
Which tape is the one you bought?
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2006
1014 posts
377 upvotes
Ottawa
Sorry, there are a lot of comments to filter through, is the H110 the best bang for your buck? Does it go through batteries quickly? Any better options?
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2211 posts
1687 upvotes
Montreal, QC
SamG852 wrote: No. It's even in the manual as a part of the mechanics, to which my mind says "why can't they update the mechanisms?"

The other option I figured out is just making a giant list of what I want, typing out as many characters as possible, with spaces to cut the label by scissors. Returned it regardless as a friend offered to let me use theirs.

Someone said all of them do this. Might just have to back to the old school dial ones that punch the ribbon or computer printer stickers.

There is another person on here who talked about chain printing.
I mentioned the chain print a few posts back. It is really the only option for truly saving that first bit it wastes. Even adjusting margins has a very minor effect.

Reason they have not changed the design is that they have a whole lot of investment into the cartridge/mechanism design. Right now pretty much ALL their printers use either the M series (non-lamintated) or TZ series (laminated) tapes. If they change the mechanism, that means that they would need to introduce a different type of cartridge (no choice due to cartridge design also). Which also means compatible cartridges would take forever to be available, so sales would be super slow initially.

I use chain print as often as I can. But otherwise, I've learned to live with the waste. We are unfortunately in a disposable world. At least now there are many compatible labels that are cheap. Once upon a time when each tape was $25 or so (since only originals were available) it hurt to see all that waste.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2009
3056 posts
369 upvotes
Don't be nosey
LOL I thought these were the Brother Label makers for shipping labels and waybills.
PSN: RunOrDie226
add me!
Feb 11, 2017
113 posts
33 upvotes
Received notification email from staples the order which canceled for H110 shipped. what a twist Face With Tears Of Joy hopefully they shipped.
Dec 24, 2011
317 posts
133 upvotes
New Westminster
Any bluetooth models available?

Brother PT-P700 is a solid deal at costco.ca pretty much half the price of anywhere else but the uses are limited when it cannot be connected to a phone with mobile app

PTP710BT is better but a bit expensive at $100 on sale. Can connect to phone and prints nice and wide
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2014
1635 posts
502 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
mouseswimming wrote: the one mentioned by "soupmaster666" should NOT work.

in the "Customer questions & answers" section, it says:
Center pin positive, outside ring negative

H110 need center negative, right?

The one you mentioned should work, but it is on amazon.com, NOT amazon.ca
Although I tried to cancel my order, it was shipped out.
I confirm that this power adapter (mentioned by soupmaster666) does NOT work for H110.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01AMV9MZK
Feb 17, 2013
223 posts
76 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
Damn... I ordered 5 refills for old Dymo from Amazon.