• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2019 4:51 am
[OP]
Aug 23, 2014
273 posts
141 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

[Staples] Brother P-Touch CUBE Bluetooth Label Maker $29.99

Very good label printer. $29.99 is lowest price seen. Not available online anymore. Pickup in store is still available if the store has it.

Previous RFD threads:
staples-brother-p-touch-cube-bluetooth- ... f-2310828/
amazon-ca-brother-pt-p300bt-p-touch-cub ... 9-2265270/
22 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2006
2485 posts
920 upvotes
Orleans, ON
Anyone can comment on usage on hand tools? Are the labels resistant to grease, oil, fuel, friction, brake cleaner and all?
Dec 28, 2011
493 posts
412 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Poulet wrote: Anyone can comment on usage on hand tools? Are the labels resistant to grease, oil, fuel, friction, brake cleaner and all?
No. These are glorified stickers.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2006
2485 posts
920 upvotes
Orleans, ON
Ah :(

Thanks
Oct 15, 2016
201 posts
235 upvotes
Poulet wrote: Anyone can comment on usage on hand tools? Are the labels resistant to grease, oil, fuel, friction, brake cleaner and all?
There's plastic film, like packing tape, over the printed part. It's about as resilient as paper with packing tape over it. If it's being handled all the time, the sticker adhesive will fail unless you add your own glue.

I have a label outdoors for 10 years and it looks like new.
Nov 29, 2009
271 posts
131 upvotes
North York
Getting one for the new house. Thanks OP!!
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
17322 posts
4844 upvotes
Yes, the label makers go on sale all the time but the actual Brother labels seldom go on for a decent price. The last time I bought the generic replacements was the last time I used the labeller. The glue didn't hold and started peeling within months. Still awaiting a 50% off sale on the labels. Maybe one day...

And do these labellers still have the battery bug where it says the unit is low power, even with new batteries in it? That was a chip flaw that was never corrected as they continued to use the same parts in these units. Best was that battery only units not use rechargeable batteries as the lower voltage seemed to worsen the problem. Fix was to turn the unit off and on again repeatedly. But when you are doing a lot of labels, this was no fix at all...
Dec 11, 2007
317 posts
141 upvotes
Markham
I own the cube plus, which is the next model up. Love it.
Apr 11, 2003
652 posts
133 upvotes
Edmonton
These use TZe tapes. Which most are just stickers if you need basic labels. But they also make heavy duty adhesive, high heat resistant, iron on, high vis, etc.

The usefulness for the given application is entirely up to the label ye you choose to use - not the label maker itself.
Deal Addict
May 10, 2006
1125 posts
393 upvotes
Toronto
Got one from Welland. Thanks OP!
Home Phone: $0 since 2016 - Obi200/FPL with Google Voice (free call Can/US)