Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

Brother P-Touch Cube Label Maker PT-P300BTAD - $40.97 OOS online

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 28th, 2022 8:41 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2005
4244 posts
316 upvotes
liminalsunset wrote: These machines all waste one inch of the tape every time you print, it happened on a portable 20 buck machine before and it happens on this P700 as well. There seems to be no way around this, but the chain printing or no auto cut features on mine seem to alleviate it.
I've recently had to print a metric **** of labels and I found this part very annoying. My way around it was to enter a lot of labels at once (as a single label) and just manually cut the super long strip that came out. Not ideal, but i am certain I saved a ridiculous amount of tape.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
25984 posts
10378 upvotes
there was stock at the Thunder Bay store. Picked one up. Now to just get some labels that won't peel off in a couple months...
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2016
2209 posts
1814 upvotes
phuangk wrote: Thanks OP, bought one and in store pick up.
This label maker only supported up to 12mm tape, for those who planning to print bigger size label (eg, 18mm or 24mm) or looking for a label maker with built in battery, you might want to consider higher end model like PT-P710BT. However, this one is way more than enough to cover most of my use cases.
The box says it takes multiple sizes.

Edit: you're right, up to 12mm only
Last edited by ahammad on Sep 20th, 2022 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2016
2209 posts
1814 upvotes
Matrixvibe wrote: Ah man.. if only this printed 24mm labels too! :(
Pretty sure it supports multiple sizes. I can check what the box says and report back.

Edit: it takes multiple sizes but not 24mm. 12 is the highest it goes (3.5, 6, 9, and 12)
Deal Expert
May 14, 2007
15496 posts
2735 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
ahammad wrote: Pretty sure it supports multiple sizes. I can check what the box says and report back.

Edit: it takes multiple sizes but not 24mm. 12 is the highest it goes (3.5, 6, 9, and 12)
Yup. I checked the specs before posting. :( would be great for someone who doesn't already have a label maker. I have a handheld brother one from a previous deal, it does up to 12mm but I want to print QR codes so 24mm would be clutch.
Nov 18, 2016
182 posts
333 upvotes
Thanks OP, got the last one at my local Staples, I can now print a bunch of random crap and stick it on my refrigerator and on my gf's phone.

I highly recommend.
Oct 20, 2003
800 posts
298 upvotes
Thanks OP - a bunch available locally for me, snagged one. Kids are growing up and with so much stuff -- time to start labelling everything and where it goes.
Jun 9, 2007
874 posts
210 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Thanks OP...ordered 2 at two different locations for local pick-up. Hopefully I'm able to snag one, but if I get two, the other one is going to be gifted Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
2449 posts
1639 upvotes
Montreal
Does anyone know how to remove the printed dots that appear before the label text? I guess the dots indicate where to manually cut the tape?

Also, I'm using Helvetica but getting slightly pixelated text, like rounded edges are not perfect.. Anyone else getting this?
Best Deals: Star Alliance Silver without even flying= FREE
Telus CAN/USA Unlimited, CID/VM/SMS 25gb $25/month
Electrolux 527 Washer $300
Jul 27, 2017
49 posts
23 upvotes
deal_king wrote: Does anyone know how to remove the printed dots that appear before the label text? I guess the dots indicate where to manually cut the tape?

Also, I'm using Helvetica but getting slightly pixelated text, like rounded edges are not perfect.. Anyone else getting this?
In the print settings - there's an option to remove the dots (toggle). It's there so you know where to cut in order to achieve even spacing on both ends.

I also noticed the same pixelation on rounded characters. Hopefully, that's not the norm. Can anyone else chime in?
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
2449 posts
1639 upvotes
Montreal
rondirection wrote: In the print settings - there's an option to remove the dots (toggle). It's there so you know where to cut in order to achieve even spacing on both ends.

I also noticed the same pixelation on rounded characters. Hopefully, that's not the norm. Can anyone else chime in?
I can't find the option. I've looked everywhere. Can you post a screenshot or be more specific?
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
2449 posts
1639 upvotes
Montreal
Thank you! By the way, when you click on the "cut options" there is an option called: "Cut the last label: When off, the printed label will not come out at the end of printing in order to save tape. It will stay in the printer until the next label is printed." But there is no toggle next to it. Won't this solve the problem that people are complaining about losing an inch every time they print? No toggle means not available on this printer?
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
1710 posts
1331 upvotes
Toronto
Odd q. Does staples still send spend 200 get 50 off or soemthing of that nature?
Member since 2006

Fido- $40/15GB
Curren phone: Samsung s20FE
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
25984 posts
10378 upvotes
NuTone TZe label tapes are on clearance from Staples. These should fit this printer. Bought a couple to try.