[Staples] Brother P-Touch Cube Plus PT-P710BT Bluetooth Label Maker $98

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 11th, 2020 6:48 pm
[OP]
Jan 13, 2018
59 posts
77 upvotes

[Staples] Brother P-Touch Cube Plus PT-P710BT Bluetooth Label Maker $98

Use coupon code 6431899084751073 for additional $10 off (might have to use a filler item – I had other items in my cart that took me to a greater total.)

Use smartphone and print labels using Bluetooth. Alternatively use a laptop/PC/MacBook to print.

Price at Brother Canada: $130

From questions answered by purchasers from Amazon US:

“The Plus model can print up to a 24mm tape and the Cube will print up to 12mm. The plus model can use the P-touch Editor software that will give you more flexibility in creating your labels. The Cube model uses the iPrint&Lablel app only. The plus model has a auto cutter compared to a manual cutter on the Cube version. The plus model also prints faster than the Cube version…”

“this machine can print out different shapes on the label…”

“…can map columns from a Microsoft Excel document to a label layout using a .csv file in the P-Touch Editor software.”

“…this printer cannot use non-Brother TZe tapes.”

“…The Li-Ion Battery in the Brother PT-P710BT label maker is not replaceable.”

“…this label printer can print labels in different languages including French…you can print Chinese characters using the included software.”

“…you can print custom company logos…”

“…can print on iron-on tape…”

“…can print in 6 colors including White print on black tape.”

“…The USB cable that comes with the PT-P710BT machine is 1 foot long.”

“…you can label wires with this printer”

Want to protect it?

Here is a case:

https://www.amazon.ca/Caseling-Portable ... =8-2-fkmr0
5 replies
Mar 8, 2008
301 posts
334 upvotes
gatineau
i have the P300BT version. It's fine for basic stuff and limited use. I found it a good deal for $45.

But this new one appears to have some notable upgrades like built-in battery, speed, and ability to use Mac/PC over USB (over BT or wifi would be much better) .
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3063 posts
1007 upvotes
Ottawa
This is an amazingly detailed post op.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2007
1345 posts
401 upvotes
bouche wrote: i have the P300BT version. It's fine for basic stuff and limited use. I found it a good deal for $45.

But this new one appears to have some notable upgrades like built-in battery, speed, and ability to use Mac/PC over USB (over BT or wifi would be much better) .

I would not call a non-replacement built-in battery an upgrade.

This is literally an non obsolete-able appliance that can potentially work for a decade, but will become junk in 2-3 years after the battery dies. (yes, some machines actually stop working even if you keep it plugged in when the battery dies)

We all care about the environment, I hope we can all take this and the fact that it's almost 100$ for tobe junk in a couple years into consideration.
:arrowl: Thanks if Helped! :D
Mar 8, 2008
301 posts
334 upvotes
gatineau
very good point. apparently, i've been looking at built-in rechargeable batteries like they last forever.