• Sep 15th, 2018 1:20 am
[OP]
Apr 11, 2006
689 posts
373 upvotes
Richmond

[Staples] Brother P-Touch PT-M95 Handy Label Maker $9.86

https://www.staples.ca/en/Brother-PT-M9 ... CA_1_20001

Free in-store pick up! Going through the reviews on this product, it seems like it's a battery hog, so something to keep in mind.
Thread Summary
The PT-70, a plugged in version is also on sale for $16.73: https://www.staples.ca/en/Brother-P-Tou ... CA_1_20001
74 replies
Feb 12, 2006
675 posts
73 upvotes
Label tapes are like $29... What a rip
Good insults are hard to find. Why waste them on someone you don't like.
Feb 21, 2018
141 posts
120 upvotes
Wow their mobile site is garbage. Can't do the in-store pick up or anything.

Thanks OP! Moving houses soon and this would be super useful.
Got that Zoomer plan finally!
Jul 25, 2014
125 posts
60 upvotes
Langley, BC
Thanks! Had this in my Amazon wishlist for a while now.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
1386 posts
1147 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Thanks OP! Was wanting to buy a label maker since last year, I was looking at a basic dyno one for 30$ or something but never came around to buying it. But for 17$ all in for this one, you can't go wrong!
😎Thanks RFD😎
Jan 26, 2018
747 posts
393 upvotes
I think I still have an unopened one from two years ago, they gave if for free in a promo, haven't open it because the tape costs too much.

Thanks @pkeep22 for the link.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3042 posts
3271 upvotes
My wife thanks you. Labelling jars and files :D.
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
Nov 26, 2017
365 posts
374 upvotes
Montréal
Thanks, OP!

I see other label makers are on sale too, but I will probably buy this because it's less than 10 bucks.
😄
Jul 11, 2018
699 posts
498 upvotes
kidd604 wrote: Image

https://www.staples.ca/en/Brother-PT-M9 ... CA_1_20001

Free in-store pick up! Going through the reviews on this product, it seems like it's a battery hog, so something to keep in mind.
Upvoted both of you, looks like great reviews (probably best if this can use AC plug to use that for making labels, ensuring to unplug when done as its apparently an energy hog which would be bad for batteries), ordered two of the label makers from Staples and the $25 multi-colored one from pkeep22's link. This will really help us not only for organizing our stuff, and our kids stuff, but will be moving next summer so will save us a lot of annoyance with labeling boxes. We used both deals ensuring we got over $20 on the Staples order by adding some $2 sticky notes on different Air Miles cards (for the first one the Staples deal was our 5th deal meaning max bonus, for the second one the Amazon deal was 2nd).

To reiterate on reviews some of the pros and cons:

- Really good for simple labels, not good for complex labels (barcodes and such)
- Massive battery drain, if can somehow use an AC adapter (would be best if possible) plug and remove when done to avoid power consumption
- Has a problem with defective units so try it asap and don't hesitate to return/exchange
- Labels expensive at Staples, another poster I quoted gave a link for really good labels at a good price point
Last edited by TaurusJudge on Aug 31st, 2018 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Best deals:
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
13742 posts
14127 upvotes
Thanks OP, ordered 5.

To be disbursed across locations in Southwestern Ontario.

God bless.
>> Govt. Relief for Businesses: 75% Wage Subsidy <<

COVID-19 Etiquette
Whatever your personal opinion, please respect hygiene and PPE guidelines and mandates laid down by (1) government, (2) private establishments.
Nov 26, 2017
365 posts
374 upvotes
Montréal
TaurusJudge wrote: Upvoted both of you, looks like great reviews (probably best if this can use AC plug to use that for making labels, ensuring to unplug when done as its apparently an energy hog which would be bad for batteries), ordered two of the label makers from Staples and the $25 multi-colored one from pkeep22's link. This will really help us not only for organizing our stuff, and our kids stuff, but will be moving next summer so will save us a lot of annoyance with labeling boxes. We used both deals ensuring we got over $20 on the Staples order by adding some $2 sticky notes on different Air Miles cards (for the first one the Staples deal was our 5th deal meaning max bonus, for the second one the Amazon deal was 2nd).

To reiterate on reviews some of the pros and cons:

- Really good for simple labels
- Massive battery drain, if using AC adapter
Ordered one, but will probably cancel to make sure my order is over $20. Sorry to go off topic, will buying $20 from Staples work for the Air Miles Promo?
Last edited by Ayapoikiekao on Aug 31st, 2018 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
😄
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21168 posts
10608 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Funny I see this now.

Was looking for label makers on staples earlier. Got a dymo from $40 down to $23 then noticed the brother from $40 down to $10

So I went from 0 labels makers to 2. I’ll be labeling left right and center.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao