Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

Staples.ca 50 Verbatim DVD-Rs $14.96

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 21st, 2010 9:41 am
29 replies
Apr 15, 2007
244 posts
3 upvotes
I can confirm that the Staples sale is in-store as well.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3686 posts
1007 upvotes
How do Verbatim compare to Taiyo Yudens?
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2005
3444 posts
71 upvotes
Peterborough
Verbatims is all I use thanks OP Picked up a spindle a few days ago !
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2007
4439 posts
109 upvotes
I do miss those 100 pck $16, tax in(after PM) days... :cry:
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2007
4439 posts
109 upvotes
bowmah wrote: How do Verbatim compare to Taiyo Yudens?
Verbatim all the way, BUT it also depends on your burner, since even Memorex works well for some ppl... For myself I find Maxell/TDK are ok too... It all depends on if Taiyo had given you any/a lot of dead burns or not... :lol:
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
If you can wait, 100-packs of Verbatims can be had around $20 or less. Just watch for sales.
Somebody removed my sig for no reason, without even telling me.
Deal Guru
Aug 17, 2002
13520 posts
4705 upvotes
Tri-Cities (BC)
Tornado F2 wrote: If you can wait, 100-packs of Verbatims can be had around $20 or less. Just watch for sales.
haven't seen that for a while
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2001
16511 posts
3315 upvotes
Remember to check that they're MIT and not MII.
Blacklisted companies: Roku, Lenovo, Motorola, TP-Link, D-Link, Samsung, HP, LG, Public Mobile
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3908 posts
2123 upvotes
Vancouver
I'm sure I've asked this before, but why do people choose -R over +R? I always understood them to be the same, but with -R you had an extra step of finalizing the disk, or something like that. Is there a benefit to that?
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
Bishop8 wrote: I'm sure I've asked this before, but why do people choose -R over +R? I always understood them to be the same, but with -R you had an extra step of finalizing the disk, or something like that. Is there a benefit to that?
The only significant difference is that some equipment is incompatible with one or the other. Most modern PCs will take either.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
JJpach wrote: The last sale was years ago.
I'm sure my last batch of Verbatims were bought less than a year ago. I still have a couple of spindles left.

CT had some really cheap DVD+Rs a couple of months ago, but I believe they were Memorex. They were around 10c/DVD though! I almost wish I'd picked up some at that price.
Jul 5, 2010
7 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
Probably not the main reason, but DVD-Rs have a little bit more capacity (like 5-6 megs more). As well, I'm pretty sure the DVD-R standard came out a few years before the DVD+R standard, so it may be something we're just ingrained to use...
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
JimmyC888 wrote: Probably not the main reason, but DVD-Rs have a little bit more capacity (like 5-6 megs more). As well, I'm pretty sure the DVD-R standard came out a few years before the DVD+R standard, so it may be something we're just ingrained to use...
Actually my first DVD writers, both HP, and a LiteOn DVD TV recorder, would only take DVD+Rs. I think both formats came out at the same time but the 2 sides failed to come to any sort of agreement. Some drive manufacturers, including LG, came up with drives compatible with both and other manufacturers followed suit, generally eliminating the problem. Now it's more a confusing nuisance than a real problem.
Deal Guru
Aug 17, 2002
13520 posts
4705 upvotes
Tri-Cities (BC)
Tornado F2 wrote: The only significant difference is that some equipment is incompatible with one or the other. Most modern PCs will take either.
shouldn't it be some older devices are more compatible with the -Rs, that is why people recommend the -Rs...but Nero or other software allow you to change the +R to -R due to a bit change in the beginning of the disc?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)