Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

Canon EOS Rebel T6 for $235.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 13th, 2018 6:32 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2013
1046 posts
4135 upvotes
Toronto
darkstar107 wrote: Was it brand new sealed in box?
I think so. Here's what the inside looked like.
seannlim wrote: Its coming up as 45x.xx for me :( How did you guys get the 2xx.xx price?
It depends on your location. Seems to be working in BC and Alberta. You can check by entering in a Vancouver postal code.
Images
  • 55036212276__1AC8E43C-00DD-412B-8FCB-E924EA07424E.jpeg
Last edited by Coolcicada on Jun 10th, 2018 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 31, 2010
914 posts
812 upvotes
Edmonton
Coolcicada wrote: I think so. Here's what the inside looked like.

It depends on your location. Seems to be working in BC and Alberta. You can check by entering in a Vancouver postal code.
Good to know. I put in a pickup request in Sherwood Park. They're closed now though; hopefully I'll get it tomorrow.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2015
1255 posts
2075 upvotes
Vancouver
The price on web and mobile are different. You can’t checkout from mobile though. A glitch?
Jul 1, 2007
64 posts
18 upvotes
Edmonton
Yup got one at south side Edmonton best buy. I can confirm that the online and android prices are coming up different.
Dec 30, 2012
496 posts
1102 upvotes
SURREY
iLikeDeals1 wrote:
share any screenshot please? To PM at bestbuy, it has to show up as $235 for us as well...
Here’s a pic of receipt pmed at Best buy
Images
  • CBC4EB6E-12E3-4FF7-B1D5-FC101E4868D6.jpeg
Aug 23, 2015
486 posts
386 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Just picked mine up. Brand new.

I used the link that OP provided, which I think is the desktop link.
Jan 27, 2018
17 posts
11 upvotes
Awesome thanks OP!

I have reserved at a Best Buy to pick up tomorrow. Wondering if anyone knows if I can just show the screen shot / website check out from my phone? It’s showing 235 when in cart but not on product page. ( edit : had to change location for price to change !)

Been looking for a camera and can’t beat this... anyone know if coupons mentioned are staples specific ?
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2014
1781 posts
2401 upvotes
GPS - error
Note that this includes the non stabilized DC lens, versus the better IS one.
Also it’s the T6 and not the nicer T6i :)
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2015
1255 posts
2075 upvotes
Vancouver
2018-06-10 16.47.04.jpg
I picked one at Staples near UBC. Took a bit of time convincing the manager, but all good. Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2017
1971 posts
2109 upvotes
Moncton
SuperStarDynex wrote: As someone who has never had a DSLR why would i want this?
Doesn't everybody need a new hobby with a bottomless moneypit of possible upgrades? :)

Better images than a cell phone, interchangeable lenses, endless hours of tweaking for different effects.

(Upvoted even though the deal doesn't appear to be available on this end of the country).
Koodo 33GB UL T&T @ $48 (waiting on my tab to switch to a better/cheaper plan)
Oct 15, 2015
114 posts
92 upvotes
St. Catharines
Anyway to get this deal in Ontario?
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2016
1880 posts
2185 upvotes
As cheap as this is, unless you plan to spend more money on it (extra lens, accessories, etc) I don't suggest you get it.

https://m.dpreview.com/reviews/canon-eo ... d-review/4

"The Canon T6 may be a fresh face, but there's no part of this camera that we haven't seen before. Its 18MP sensor likely dates back to the Canon T2i. It was a very good sensor in 2010, and still holds up pretty well, but if you consider the quality of the current DSLR and mirrorless competition, it's looking a little stale.

Let's be clear, there's nothing inherently wrong with a six year old (now 8 years old) sensor. More demanding users might miss the improved resolution and dynamic range of a newer model, but you can take fantastic photos with a six year old sensor. Major prizes have been won by pictures taken with a six year old sensor. But when it's your $500 on the line, our job is to advise you to spend it wisely. And a camera's sensor is just one specification, albeit an important one, of many to consider."
Last edited by CCHIPSS on Jun 10th, 2018 8:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Best shopping deals I got from here:
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom $300, ZTE Blade V8 Pro $175, Fluld 55' 4k TV $360
Feb 14, 2007
288 posts
254 upvotes
Got mine, brand new. I am sure it will do a good job for $215.99. Looks like it is sold out or close to it now at all the stores in the GVRD. I grabbed the one from Langley.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2016
1880 posts
2185 upvotes
sswilson wrote: Doesn't everybody need a new hobby with a bottomless moneypit of possible upgrades? :)

Better images than a cell phone, interchangeable lenses, endless hours of tweaking for different effects.

(Upvoted even though the deal doesn't appear to be available on this end of the country).
I agree with you. But on the other hand, a great majority of the people hasn't even max out the potential of their cellphone camera.

This means you know how to take the best picture possible with your cellphone camera, in all conditions. (Bright, low light, fast moving object, etc) And it is not just knowing the right explosive settings. But adjusting the saturation to fit the mood of the picture you want to show. You also have to learn the artistic side of photography. And do all this adjustments and decisions within a timely fashion. Sometimes you only have seconds to capture the perfect moment.

All cameras have limits, and cellphone cameras has a lower ceiling than DSLR. But have they even mastered their cellphone cameras, so that low ceiling is limiting their abilities?
Best shopping deals I got from here:
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom $300, ZTE Blade V8 Pro $175, Fluld 55' 4k TV $360
Jan 6, 2006
208 posts
82 upvotes
Nanaimo
Checked online (no stock in Nanaimo) but one in stock in Duncan. Tried price match at Best Buy, no go as they said won't pricematch clearance. Wasn't going to drive to Duncan so checked the Nanaimo store and they had 3 in stock (YMMV of course). Nice entry level DSLR, may be a grad gift or replacement for Samsung NX100.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
4451 posts
2016 upvotes
Scarborough
Genuine question, How does this camera compare to a Sony NEX-5R? And when I say compare I mean the standard questions like quality and performance and video quality.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2013
1667 posts
1559 upvotes
Montr
The real question is, do you need a DSRL ? I bought 2 in the last 10 years and ended up selling both each time

Unless you go to tourists' spots, you will look like aliens when you go out with those cameras
Deal Addict
May 16, 2005
2587 posts
703 upvotes
Desperadude wrote: The real question is, do you need a DSRL ? I bought 2 in the last 10 years and ended up selling both each time

Unless you go to tourists' spots, you will look like aliens when you go out with those cameras
You mean, look like tourists, not aliens....

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)