Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

Canon EOS Rebel T6 for $235.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 13th, 2018 6:32 pm
Oct 26, 2017
80 posts
181 upvotes
Stock keeps coming up at random times. Might be a case of phantom stock.
I ordered one for pick up but my card hasn't been charged, nor did I receive a confirmation email.

Hopefully it's not a price error.
Aug 3, 2017
48 posts
41 upvotes
CCHIPSS wrote: As cheap as this is, unless you plan to spend more money on it (extra lens, accessories, etc) I don't suggest you get it.
That is a little harsh, I'm on my third cheap Rebel. I don't want a camera that is so expensive I'm afraid to take it anywhere.
Dec 27, 2017
50 posts
44 upvotes
Thanks op. Picked one up at staples Grandview highway in Vancouver at 5pm today. She said they had one more at that time. Then I bought the accessories pack at source for 45$ with BCAA discount for a case and a extra battery. It’s half off at the moment plus extra 10% bcaa.
Jun 9, 2018
67 posts
68 upvotes
Grolschmore wrote: Thanks op. Picked one up at staples Grandview highway in Vancouver at 5pm today. She said they had one more at that time. Then I bought the accessories pack at source for 45$ with BCAA discount for a case and a extra battery. It’s half off at the moment plus extra 10% bcaa.
What Accessories pack did you get ? How big is the case ?
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2015
1255 posts
2075 upvotes
Vancouver
CarlosYVR wrote: What Accessories pack did you get ? How big is the case ?
https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/cameras- ... /108028154

doesn't look that big, but for the price I might jump in. $44.99

===== updated =====

Here is the dimension of the camera bag that comes with it.
https://www.amazon.ca/Canon-900SR-Holst ... camera+bag

I might actually get compatible batteries and a different bag that's more practical.
Deal Fanatic
May 16, 2011
5345 posts
7971 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
My order is stuck on processing, but card was charged. Anyone else?

I'm on a T3 and the wifi connectivity is definitely an upgrade. I can't believe they still don't have touchscreens and the same T2i sensor. I was planning to get a used T4i, but this price is a nobrainer. Might instead save up for a good lens.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2017
2027 posts
3623 upvotes
Toronto
fpenguin wrote: https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/cameras- ... /108028154

doesn't look that big, but for the price I might jump in. $44.99

===== updated =====

Here is the dimension of the camera bag that comes with it.
https://www.amazon.ca/Canon-900SR-Holst ... camera+bag

I might actually get compatible batteries and a different bag that's more practical.
Would that bundle work on the T3i? Anyone know?

That spare battery would come in handy for me.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2015
1255 posts
2075 upvotes
Vancouver
OVOSound wrote: Would that bundle work on the T3i? Anyone know?

That spare battery would come in handy for me.
Unfortunately no. You'll need lp-e8 battery.
Look for compatible batteries from ebay or aliexpress. Shouldn't be too expensive.
Jul 12, 2010
498 posts
89 upvotes
Nikhilvoid wrote: My order is stuck on processing, but card was charged. Anyone else?

I'm on a T3 and the wifi connectivity is definitely an upgrade. I can't believe they still don't have touchscreens and the same T2i sensor. I was planning to get a used T4i, but this price is a nobrainer. Might instead save up for a good lens.

Really... I wouldn't even bother wasting my money on such an upgrade. Your IQ from t3 to t6 is like the same. Rather just save the money for a use i- model atleast some features like touch and cross point AF... Unless your T3 was broken and needs a replacement don't see why you would need this upgrade. Wifi xfer is trash just use micro sd card or even those sd card adaptor sticks that lets u plug direct to your cellphone.
Nov 20, 2017
502 posts
748 upvotes
GroundBus wrote: Anyone wants mine for $320 or $350 with shipping anywhere in Canada?
Brand New
Pick up in Richmond Hill, Ontario.
PM me.
Don't know how I feel about this kind of middle man RFDer...

---------
CCHIPSS wrote:
I agree with you. But on the other hand, a great majority of the people hasn't even max out the potential of their cellphone camera.

This means you know how to take the best picture possible with your cellphone camera, in all conditions. (Bright, low light, fast moving object, etc) And it is not just knowing the right explosive settings. But adjusting the saturation to fit the mood of the picture you want to show. You also have to learn the artistic side of photography. And do all this adjustments and decisions within a timely fashion. Sometimes you only have seconds to capture the perfect moment.

All cameras have limits, and cellphone cameras has a lower ceiling than DSLR. But have they even mastered their cellphone cameras, so that low ceiling is limiting their abilities?
Not sure if I agree with this either.

I had a crappy Nikon coolpix that I spent a lot of time learning to get the best photos out of, but that also involved a LOT of frustration whenever what I really wanted was above the "ceiling" of the hardware. I had to do stupid things like "set" the camera's saturation and exposure by half-pressing in one direction, then full-pressing towards my subject... All of which were useless "hack" skills that didn't translate at all when learning how to use my first DSLR, an Oly E-510. It felt like I was working with a totally different machine.

If you want to learn how to take nice photos, getting this camera would be a great piece of learning equipment that will let you learn skills that will transition over to a nicer camera if you decide you want to take it further. No need to bother becoming an "expert" on manipulating the "imitation camera" software on your cellphone first.
Jul 28, 2008
37 posts
55 upvotes
calgary
showed up as $236 for me, used a coupon off google for $20 off, ended up paying $227.

Don't really need another camera but couldn't resist the impulse buy, maybe i will regret it by morning and just sell it. Who knows.
Sep 2, 2012
122 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
any tips on how you were able to get the price to reflect as $235.99 before discounts.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2015
1255 posts
2075 upvotes
Vancouver
SoLiceMan wrote: any tips on how you were able to get the price to reflect as $235.99 before discounts.
if desktop doesn't work, try from your phone.
Jul 28, 2008
37 posts
55 upvotes
calgary
i am on a laptop, just clicked the link in the OP post and it showed that price with 1 available locally for pickup. The coupon came from google and was for 20 bucks off and purchase over 200. I probably could have used mastercard masterpass checkout for another 20 bucks coupon that is active right now but i didnt have that card handy, also there is airmiles available too for those who are good at maximizing every deal.
Nov 27, 2016
111 posts
36 upvotes
^^^ Same, got the one available locally and 20$ coupon. Guess I'll see tomorrow if it exists/display/any good.
Sep 2, 2012
122 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
heebjeeb wrote: ^^^ Same, got the one available locally and 20$ coupon. Guess I'll see tomorrow if it exists/display/any good.
where are your abouts?

just wondering if its province specific :P
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2015
1255 posts
2075 upvotes
Vancouver
While researching for an extra battery, I found that the genuine Canon battery LP-E10 delivers only up to 860mAh, while there are quite a bit of variants on eBay and Aliexpress that have higher capacity. 1200mAh, 1500mAh, 1850mAh, 2000mAh, 2200mAh or 2300mAh. Not sure if they really live up to their promises, but just wanted to share for those who got the deal.
Last edited by fpenguin on Jun 11th, 2018 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.