Expired Hot Deals

[Staples] Chromecast with Google TV $59.99 (after $10 off coupon)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2020 1:28 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2009
1927 posts
3471 upvotes
Canada_7 wrote: If you already have Netflix, I think the $119.99 with 6 months of Netflix (Standard plan I believe) from the Google store is better. However, the wait I believe right now is minimum 3-4 weeks for the white. Sunrise I think isn't available in that package until last week of Nov/first week of Dec. The blue one is a longer wait; not until right before Christmas that it'll reach your home.

With the Netflix credit, I think you can technically count the Chromecast as $45.65 tax in.

$119.99 x 1.13 = $135.59 (if you live in Ontario)
$135.59 - $14.99 x 6 = $45.65

That equates to buying the Chromecast at $40.40 prior to tax.
All three are in stock again and Snow currently arrives within 2 weeks. Sunrise arrives 14-15 December and Sky arrives 21-22 December, so Snow is the way to go at the moment if looking for one soon.
Last edited by Elrondolio on Oct 28th, 2020 5:16 am, edited 7 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2009
1927 posts
3471 upvotes
klowe wrote: you should post this as a new deal - for people that have netflix this is a better deal
FYI - the blue and sunrise colours are in stock now
There is a thread for this already in the ongoing hot deals forum (note: lots of downvotes there because the original poster stated, before the Chomecast was released, that Netflix was going to be free at the $69 price which was, of course, incorrect):

chromecast-google-tv-6-months-netflix-n ... 9-2406594/
Last edited by Elrondolio on Oct 28th, 2020 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 2, 2003
791 posts
157 upvotes
GTA
Seriously can the mods please clean up this thread, too many lazy repeated questions, I'm seeing question being asked right below the answer that's been posted already or asking questions that's on the manufacture website.

29 pages, 423 post and only 55 up votes, if people are going to be lazy with "finding" info of a product they want at least support the OP post.
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2009
1927 posts
3471 upvotes
Just an update:

If purchasing the new Cromecast with Netflix deal direct from the Google Store for $119.99: the Netflix credit is now worth $89.94 since Netflix's price increase, not the stated $83.94 on the Google Store.

In BC this works out to $39.69 pre-tax after Netflix credit or $44.45 ($134.39-$89.94) all in after taxes, minus credit. Thats 43.3% off the standard after tax price ($78.39) for a savings of $33.94 all in after credit... far better than this $10 off pre-tax from Staples (16.7% off all in), assuming your already have or want Netflix.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
13293 posts
3638 upvotes
Scarberia
so i paired my 4k firestick remote to CC via BT and it has mouse toggle working! but no google voice on the 4k remote tho, thats only downside to switching the remote

to get mouse toggle with 4k remote go here:

*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
19176 posts
5572 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: setting up my CC tv now...i do NOT like the remote! too spongey and i that small select button is too damn small, i keep pressing up when i hit it smh... i don't know how to power the usbC hub lol.. it doesn't power on the CC, i have to connect to a power supply i think but i don't have any usbC power brick!
omg this device is annoying...it doesn't let me install chrome browser? or aptoidTV? how the heck do u sideload apps? i can't even use downloader app, its telling to enter some plugin browser!
Use X-Plore Media app and then download from cloud storage. I linked mine to my Onedrive and can install any apk from there. Otherwise, you need a compatible hub and power adapter combo which is expensive compared to using the cloud storage solution. You'll need to put it into developer mode. For that, check the online or Youtube videos. It's pretty easy. Then you are all set...
Sep 7, 2014
643 posts
301 upvotes
Toronto
DougO wrote: Use X-Plore Media app and then download from cloud storage. I linked mine to my Onedrive and can install any apk from there. Otherwise, you need a compatible hub and power adapter combo which is expensive compared to using the cloud storage solution. You'll need to put it into developer mode. For that, check the online or Youtube videos. It's pretty easy. Then you are all set...
An even easier way.....

Download "Send Files to TV" on CC and your phone. Send apk files or -any files- directly OTA from your phone. No need for USB drives or any cloud access. Simple as that. Very efficient.
Oct 26, 2020
4 posts
So I guess the fibeTV app wont work on Google TV outside the network ? Works on PC and iPad. Anyway around this?
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
19176 posts
5572 upvotes
aljudeh wrote: An even easier way.....

Download "Send Files to TV" on CC and your phone. Send apk files or -any files- directly OTA from your phone. No need for USB drives or any cloud access. Simple as that. Very efficient.
Not easier for me if I'm at someone else's house hooking one of these up. Not with my old phone anyway. Used to just use the hub and have every apk on a flash drive. Plug into device and access directly. I'm still looking to do that. Also, since I have no data on my phone i don't know if that will work. Might try it sometime to find out.
Sep 7, 2014
643 posts
301 upvotes
Toronto
DougO wrote: Not easier for me if I'm at someone else's house hooking one of these up. Not with my old phone anyway. Used to just use the hub and have every apk on a flash drive. Plug into device and access directly. I'm still looking to do that. Also, since I have no data on my phone i don't know if that will work. Might try it sometime to find out.
It does not require data plan. But it does require same wifi network on both devices
As for being at someone else, I can't comment as I never tried it.
Mar 6, 2005
609 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
Ordered and got $10+tax credit from the Online Chat agent. Thanks OP.
Apr 17, 2020
7 posts
2 upvotes
with it, yes you can cast the browser AND cast the phone screen itself. cannot do these two without it though.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
2027 posts
247 upvotes
NB
sunpowerwaves wrote: So I guess the fibeTV app wont work on Google TV outside the network ? Works on PC and iPad. Anyway around this?
I would like to know this as well.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2009
1171 posts
466 upvotes
Laval
sunpowerwaves wrote: So I guess the fibeTV app wont work on Google TV outside the network ? Works on PC and iPad. Anyway around this?
What happens if you just cast from the app on your phone and not through the Fibe App on your chromecast?
Jun 4, 2012
713 posts
252 upvotes
Calgary
So just to confirm, if I purchase three of these with the Netflix promo from the Google store I can apply all three credits to my existing Netflix premium subscription? Seems like a good deal if that's the case.
Aug 19, 2011
106 posts
14 upvotes
VANCOUVER
DougO wrote: Use X-Plore Media app and then download from cloud storage. I linked mine to my Onedrive and can install any apk from there. Otherwise, you need a compatible hub and power adapter combo which is expensive compared to using the cloud storage solution. You'll need to put it into developer mode. For that, check the online or Youtube videos. It's pretty easy. Then you are all set...
I do something similar but instead of the cloud, I keep a depository of apks in a computer on the local SMB network and perform direct installations with X-Plore.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2011
1120 posts
282 upvotes
For those who have ordered and received the Netflix deal, is the subscription gift card sealed inside the box with the Chromecast or separate? Wondering as I am thinking of buying one for a friend but want to keep the netflix sub for myself.
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2009
1927 posts
3471 upvotes
strippedaway wrote: For those who have ordered and received the Netflix deal, is the subscription gift card sealed inside the box with the Chromecast or separate? Wondering as I am thinking of buying one for a friend but want to keep the netflix sub for myself.
No, the code is sent to the account you use when you are physically setting the device up. You could ask your friend to have the code be sent to you, but then... well.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2011
1120 posts
282 upvotes
Elrondolio wrote: No, the code is sent to the account you use when you are physically setting the device up. You could ask your friend to have the code be sent to you, but then... well.
Thanks for the info!
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9755 posts
1250 upvotes
GTA
So I use this app on my fire TV and it does work now for on demand and recorded videos but not for live TV. I am sure the same would be on Google tv. You cannot cast from your phone to a Android TV device on a different network.

Theoretically, you could get around this by setting up a VPN on your home network.