• Feb 5th, 2014 8:35 pm
[OP]
Oct 28, 2012
144 posts
206 upvotes
Toronto

Staples Clearance Inventory - YMMV

Hey all,

I know this isn't a typical "hot" deal, but anyone who has some free time or a staples near them should probably walk in and see if they have a clearance section.
Yesterday I needed to check something at the Staples on Yonge and Steeles and when I walked in I found a whole area just for clearance.

I picked up:

Asus RT-N65U dual band router - 50$ (On clearance from 100$, cheapest price online is Amazon Canada at 125$)
Logitech Z553 2.1 System - 35$ (Not the best set of speakers, but for 35$ it's great)

Bunch of gaming stuff. They have this "gaming" combo that includes a keyboard, mouse and headset for clearance at 25$. Couple of mice and Steelseries stuff. Some Razer headsets.

Honestly it's worth checking out if you have any time at all.
18 replies
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
11355 posts
16459 upvotes
Ottawa
post a deal not a regular link.We all have the clearance link in favorites lol .Post a deal man.Too easy
May 16, 2003
163 posts
34 upvotes
i don't know why i keep clicking on these staples posts
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11536 posts
2522 upvotes
Montreal
amputato wrote: i don't know why i keep clicking on these staples posts
You're hoping for a price error.
Banned
Jan 30, 2014
81 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
stephroll wrote: where's the deal ?
exactly... thread should be moved to Shopping Discussion

sure, Staples has a clearance section (and so does everyone else!)
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
11355 posts
16459 upvotes
Ottawa
Fantazija wrote: exactly... thread should be moved to Shopping Discussion
report it .....good luck ....mods in hot deals too busy in off topic maybe .Empty posts seems to be the norm now....hey maybe am old skool but

I got banned enough times mentionning how hot deals is not monitored so ........wtf
Jul 5, 2004
78 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
Omigosh staplez haz clearance?!......honestlyyyyy guyzzzzzz check it outzzzz!!!
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
11355 posts
16459 upvotes
Ottawa
mkd wrote: Omigosh staplez haz clearance?!......honestlyyyyy guyzzzzzz check it outzzzz!!!
lol yup
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
6236 posts
5123 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Play nice. OP had the 'what', 'where' and 'how much'. He or she may not be accustomed to our usual Staples shenanigans.
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
[OP]
Oct 28, 2012
144 posts
206 upvotes
Toronto
So I see I'm getting a lot of hate.

I understand many of you have the Staples clearance section in your favorites, but their website doesn't have many of the things on clearance that they have in stores.

For example, 259$ for a Samsung ATIV 500T at the yonge and steeles place was still there, but when you type it in under their sites search engine nothing shows up.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2006
9820 posts
856 upvotes
Roynsky wrote: So I see I'm getting a lot of hate.

I understand many of you have the Staples clearance section in your favorites, but their website doesn't have many of the things on clearance that they have in stores.

For example, 259$ for a Samsung ATIV 500T at the yonge and steeles place was still there, but when you type it in under their sites search engine nothing shows up.
Problem with Staples clearance is its often extremely YMMV so most RFDer don't like Staples deal period unless its online and actually in stock. In store stock varies so much that often its a waste of time. Also would be helpful if you can state rather or not the price was marked down or was that store clearance + 50% discount (i.e 50% off all clearance items). The % off various via store so some stores might have 50% off clearance while others 0-75% (haven't seen higher than 75%).

ATIV 500T deal has been on for a while (well $299) and only open box/demo it seems. Given the specs, Asus T100 is a much hotter deal regardless even at regular price.