Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

Corsair K70 RGB Pro Mechanical Keyboard - $109.99 (Reg. Price $229.99)

May 27, 2007
15 posts
44 upvotes

[Staples] Corsair K70 RGB Pro Mechanical Keyboard - $109.99 (Reg. Price $229.99)

I've been looking for a mechanical keyboard for a while and just noticed that the Corsair K70 RGB Pro (Cherry MX Red keys) is on sale at Staples for $109.99.

I had recently purchased a used Logitech mechanical keyboard from Kijiji and I wasn't too impressed with the feel of the keys. I almost pulled the trigger on a new K70 Corsair RGB MK.2 from Facebook Marketplace but then I saw the K70 RGB Pro at Staples. I picked it up last night at a nearby Staples and so far I am very impressed with it.

The reviews on Rtings.com are pretty good and I mainly use it for office work with a little bit of gaming. Too bad I couldn't find any coupons to go along with the deal other than a 2% rebate from Greatcanadianrebates. It appears to be out of stock for delivery today but local stores might still have stock.
33 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2012
1733 posts
727 upvotes
Toronto
Do it work with Mac mini?
Simple is the best.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2004
9252 posts
1338 upvotes
Toronto
Not bad but I like the GMMK full size modular deal a few over the holidays. I think having a hot swap board gives you a bit more flexibility in the future in case you want to change your switches.

I think with the way the custom mechanical keyboard market is going these days (exploding - a lot more reasonable options in a better budget) unless you're fixated on a name brand (like Logitech/Corsair/Steelseries etc.) you can get much more value in brands like Glorious/Epomaker/Keychron.
Koodo Mobile Plan | $30 20gb plan
Virgin Plus Internet Plan | $45 300mbps plan

WTS: Keyboards
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2004
1562 posts
536 upvotes
Tx Op I grabbed one last year and I like it. So grabbed this (for in-store pick up) to have a matching one for my office away from home. Agree on good deals being out there for custom or modular keyboards but bang for buck I'm really happy with this
Aug 30, 2012
132 posts
584 upvotes
Is this louder than non mechanical keyboard. Want to get a keyboard for office but don’t want to disrupt others
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2012
1301 posts
1540 upvotes
COQUITLAM
Not worth it imo, not when you can get a Keychron V6 that comes with hotswap for about the same price.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
2119 posts
1479 upvotes
Near You
Had the K65 from when Corsair tried rebranding to the "tramp stamp" butterfly looking logo a few years ago. Decent board, though I prefer blue switches myself.
Cards: Amex Platinum • Aeroplan Reserve • Chase AP • CSR • Bonvoy
Banking: Wise • HSBC • TD • Tangerine • Chase
Flights: AC SE • KLM SilverBA Silver
Mobile: AT&T • Fizz • Google Fi • Free.fr
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2012
1301 posts
1540 upvotes
COQUITLAM
ShaoBo wrote: Is this louder than non mechanical keyboard. Want to get a keyboard for office but don’t want to disrupt others
Usually louder, but there are non-mechanical keyboards that are also loud if you bottom out when typing.

If you want an actual quiet mechanical keyboard, you generally need to go custom.

The Wind X is actually designed for the office and is pretty quiet out of box, but it also costs $305 USD.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2004
1562 posts
536 upvotes
VillageIdiot wrote: Not worth it imo, not when you can get a Keychron V6 that comes with hotswap for about the same price.
Link pls for a full-size keychron V6 complete for $110?
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2007
1201 posts
766 upvotes
Canada
ShaoBo wrote: Is this louder than non mechanical keyboard. Want to get a keyboard for office but don’t want to disrupt others
get red, yellow or black Switches
they are silent/quiter...

simple is the best...
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2017
1965 posts
2099 upvotes
Moncton
I've been running one of the original (non RGB) K70s for several years and have been more than happy with it. If nothing else, the volume scroll wheel is something I'd like to see on every keyboard I buy.
Koodo 33GB UL T&T @ $48 (waiting on my tab to switch to a better/cheaper plan)
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2017
1965 posts
2099 upvotes
Moncton
coolmanfever wrote: deal dead out of stock
Apparently no on-line stock, but still some stock in stores (Shows 2 at my local moncton store and another couple at the one across town).
Koodo 33GB UL T&T @ $48 (waiting on my tab to switch to a better/cheaper plan)
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2004
1562 posts
536 upvotes
sswilson wrote: I've been running one of the original (non RGB) K70s for several years and have been more than happy with it. If nothing else, the volume scroll wheel is something I'd like to see on every keyboard I buy.
Similar to you I'm a cheap date. That volume scroller has been key when swapping between calls, music and games. More keyboards should incorporate something that simple.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
19855 posts
4076 upvotes
9347934 downvotes
I have a similar Corsair keyboard and the keys are falling off. Several have broken/split where the switch stem post enters the key. Not sure if other brands are really better than this though.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2012
1429 posts
1157 upvotes
i6s1 wrote: I have a similar Corsair keyboard and the keys are falling off. Several have broken/split where the switch stem post enters the key. Not sure if other brands are really better than this though.
Same issue with my Logitech G801. I think I've had my keyboard for like 8 years now lol
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2019
1593 posts
2630 upvotes
Been using my K70 red switch for the past 8 or 9 years or so and still going strong. Though in the near future, will be getting Wooting 60HE to replace and maybe Keychron Q1 or something similar for regular typing.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)