Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Staples] Staples: Coupons Megathread

[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2006
1083 posts
693 upvotes
Canada
mahjongmaniac wrote: hm.... took you a while... ;)

was wondering where you were... you've updated the OD coupons thread, but it took you a good 3-4 wks to come back to update this one...
I usually update the threads only when there's new coupons to add. Since there's an expiry date listed for each coupon, there shouldn't be any trouble in figuring out that a coupon has expired (even if it's in the Active Section). :lol:

On another note, I guess there's a 5-digit coupon drought. I haven't received anything from Staples for quite some time now.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2006
1907 posts
291 upvotes
Waterloo
If anyone can PM me any extra 16 digit codes, it would be very much appreciated. I'm going to be buying a laptop for school/work.

Thanks
Jan 23, 2007
32 posts
Yeah, if anyone has another coupon, could I get a pm? I need a laptop just like torontoraptor and would greatly appreciate it and will PROMISE donate to you a coupon whenever you need it.
Dec 14, 2005
315 posts
97 upvotes
BC
Hey there, if anyone has a staples coupon and doesn't want to use it, please pm me .. I am going to buy a laptop from them and would love to use a coupon.

How many can I use in one transaction?? For those of you who have bought laptops from staples, have you been happy with their service? What is their return policy?
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2006
1907 posts
291 upvotes
Waterloo
I have a question: I'm buying a laptop for $899. I tried using the 50933 code (30 off 150) and 2 16 digit codes (20 off 200) that someone here so kindly sent me. However, I can't get them all to work together. I can only get two of them to work at the same time, whether it be 5 or the 16 digit codes. Doesn't seem to matter what combination I use.

I get the error message: "An error has occurred: This coupon cannot be added to your cart at this time." when I try to apply the third coupon.

I know that in the past, they let you stack a max of 2 5-digit codes and 3-16 digit codes, as long as the purchase met the price requirement. Does anyone know if that has changed at all and has anyone been able to use more than 2 coupons in one purchase recently?

Thanks.
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
362 upvotes
S.Chan wrote: I usually update the threads only when there's new coupons to add. Since there's an expiry date listed for each coupon, there shouldn't be any trouble in figuring out that a coupon has expired (even if it's in the Active Section). :lol:
you gotta remember, there's always someone out there that's gotta be spoon-fed deals.... :D
S.Chan wrote: On another note, I guess there's a 5-digit coupon drought. I haven't received anything from Staples for quite some time now.
not v. long ago, rumour had it that stooples were trying to limit generic coupon usage down to "dividends members only" 16-digit codes...

dunno the degree of truthness to that...

------
torontoraptor wrote: I have a question: I'm buying a laptop for $899. I tried using the 50933 code (30 off 150) and 2 16 digit codes (20 off 200) that someone here so kindly sent me. However, I can't get them all to work together. I can only get two of them to work at the same time, whether it be 5 or the 16 digit codes. Doesn't seem to matter what combination I use.

I get the error message: "An error has occurred: This coupon cannot be added to your cart at this time." when I try to apply the third coupon.

I know that in the past, they let you stack a max of 2 5-digit codes and 3-16 digit codes, as long as the purchase met the price requirement. Does anyone know if that has changed at all and has anyone been able to use more than 2 coupons in one purchase recently?

Thanks.
in the past i've tried using 2 generics + 1 dividends and it's worked... (i haven't gone beyond that tho)..

there were other RFDers who claimed max 2 generics + "unlimited" 16-digits dividends codes, but i don't think anyone has actually proven that w/ any screenshots.

so... i'm not sure if it's changed recently....

if all else fails, try calling in to have the coupons manually added by the CSRs
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

PEPSI IPOD WINNER on xmas.... what a SWEET christmas present!
Nov 8, 2005
849 posts
11 upvotes
I talked to one of the CSR and she told me, that staples wont be making anymore 5 digit codes, just those long 16 digits codes with 1 time usage limit. So staples will definately lose ALOT of customers...VERY bad move from staples if you ask me. I mean a customer IS a customer, either u own a dividends or not, your plan is the same, BUY stuff, seriously **** move from staples :mad:
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
362 upvotes
ejay2k3 wrote: I talked to one of the CSR and she told me, that staples wont be making anymore 5 digit codes, just those long 16 digits codes with 1 time usage limit. So staples will definately lose ALOT of customers...VERY bad move from staples if you ask me. I mean a customer IS a customer, either u own a dividends or not, your plan is the same, BUY stuff, seriously **** move from staples :mad:
and exactly which CSR did you talk to?

one of the instore CSRs? :-0

or one of those online CSRs...?
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2006
1907 posts
291 upvotes
Waterloo
mahjongmaniac wrote: in the past i've tried using 2 generics + 1 dividends and it's worked... (i haven't gone beyond that tho)..

there were other RFDers who claimed max 2 generics + "unlimited" 16-digits dividends codes, but i don't think anyone has actually proven that w/ any screenshots.

so... i'm not sure if it's changed recently....

if all else fails, try calling in to have the coupons manually added by the CSRs
I ended up placing my order over the phone. No problems with the coupons.
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
362 upvotes
torontoraptor wrote: I ended up placing my order over the phone. No problems with the coupons.
heh, there you go.

congrats :)
MJM

Dec 11, 2003
483 posts
78 upvotes
London
6175 5013 3810 0020
$20 off 200, exp. Aug 14th.
Nov 8, 2005
849 posts
11 upvotes
mahjongmaniac wrote: and exactly which CSR did you talk to?

one of the instore CSRs? :-0

or one of those online CSRs...?
Dec 12, 2005
365 posts
45 upvotes
Guelph
6175 5013 7356 0443
$20 off of $200 Expiry 08/14

enjoy

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)