Expired Hot Deals

[Staples] Cross Bailey Light Fountain Pen Medium Nib ($9.97)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 11th, 2020 7:42 pm
Jun 24, 2019
59 posts
93 upvotes
I am amuzed that people are still writing on paper, let alone with a fountain pen.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5206 posts
1997 upvotes
Toronto
Canucks640 wrote: Have you considered just buying 1 pen and refilling it?

It would give you a much better writing experience, not to mention cut down on waste.
I do that with the Pilot version (Varsity/V-Pen). It's meant to be disposable but it's easy to pull out the nib and feed and refill. The reason this is worth doing is that you can then fill up the whole barrel, so it takes a lot more ink than a regular cartridge/converter pen. It's also honestly nice to write with, the nib doesn't feel cheap at all. The price also means I have no issues lending it out, or giving it to co-workers to share different inks etc. I have a few "nice" pens (mostly Pilot vanishing points and a Pelikan), but I find myself using the "disposable" a lot.
[OP]
Jul 3, 2020
114 posts
174 upvotes
I just picked mine up, nib is glassy smooth. Wet writer with no flow issues, guess I lucked out.

The construction of the pen feels solid. The weight is good and the barrel isn't overly slippery considering the glossy finish.

For $10 it is a great deal if you get a good one. I like it so much I ordered another as a gift.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2005
1911 posts
450 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks op. My friend got the teal for myself and a coral one for himself. He is liking it. Can’t wait to get mines. Below of a photo of his cross coral compared to a lamy pen he has.
AB0B7A54-D9B5-4EE6-BB52-9EB30477750F.jpeg

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)