Staples

Demo A12Z Cellular iPad Pro 128GB $475 - YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 1st, 2022 2:47 pm
Aug 2, 2015
38 posts
53 upvotes
Ontario
anzvietboy wrote: Is there any store in Ottawa that has it in stock. I found one but they refused to sell the demo item.

Thanks in advance
I managed to get one at the Fairlawn location. GL!
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2013
1778 posts
765 upvotes
Richmond Hill
May I know what's the best way to contact apple CS to reset the date for the warranty?
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2004
1251 posts
581 upvotes
I've tried twice to get my purchase date changed. No dice. Both times they go away and come back telling me that their system shows it's a demo and they can't change it. The second time I was asked to upload the receipt, which I did while on the phone, and then the csr spent some time with me on hold and came back with the bad news.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2016
1407 posts
1328 upvotes
Montreal
DeltaSingh wrote: Thanks for posting this, I guess it's because of this map that people didn't actually call any of them because I ended up finding two LOL

Worked out as my Surface Book just died out of the blue. My Surface 1 and Surface 2 had issues of their own. No damage, no nothing. Real hesitant to buy another Microsoft product at this point.

Now time to update the purchase date with Apple.

Yeah my second one today had nothing but the tablet. The manager grabbed a charger and cable off the wall and readjusted the tablet price accordingly. So I paid only $450 for the tablet and $25 each for the charger and the cable - will be returning both as I have dozens of USB C chargers laying around.
I see why some stores refused to sell these demo units based on your last comment...
[OP]
Oct 12, 2020
239 posts
275 upvotes
Fate wrote: I've tried twice to get my purchase date changed. No dice. Both times they go away and come back telling me that their system shows it's a demo and they can't change it. The second time I was asked to upload the receipt, which I did while on the phone, and then the csr spent some time with me on hold and came back with the bad news.
Did you setup a callback through the link I posted or did you just call them?

The one from the second call was probably going to do it but he saw the notes the first one left. How did the first one know it was a demo?
Jun 14, 2017
377 posts
276 upvotes
Montreal
JustAUsername wrote: Did you setup a callback through the link I posted or did you just call them?

The one from the second call was probably going to do it but he saw the notes the first one left. How did the first one know it was a demo?
It literally says on the bill that it is a demo. The few times it sounded like they were going to do it when they had to escalate they looked closer at my bill and was like "The item says it is a demo" so I can't change it.
AT&T Group Plan Admin
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2004
1251 posts
581 upvotes
JustAUsername wrote: Did you setup a callback through the link I posted or did you just call them?

Both were call backs. The receipt does not say demo. First guy didn't ask for my account, just the ipad serial number, determined it was demo with that. Second asked for my account and the serial #.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2004
1251 posts
581 upvotes
bman95 wrote: It literally says on the bill that it is a demo. The few times it sounded like they were going to do it when they had to escalate they looked closer at my bill and was like "The item says it is a demo" so I can't change it.
My receipt doesn't say demo on it. They determined it was a demo based on the serial #.
Jun 14, 2017
377 posts
276 upvotes
Montreal
Fate wrote: My receipt doesn't say demo on it. They determined it was a demo based on the serial #.
Can you post a snip of the bill? The ones posted on here (and mine) say that they are demo
Capture.PNG
You can see the word demo on the Line item: "LDU iPad demo fr 11p" and on the discount "Sale of demo model"
Last edited by bman95 on Nov 9th, 2021 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AT&T Group Plan Admin
Deal Addict
May 24, 2003
4378 posts
994 upvotes
Golden Horseshoe
Fate wrote: My receipt doesn't say demo on it. They determined it was a demo based on the serial #.
You sure your receipt doesn’t say it’s a demo? It does show it as a demo on the receipt….
Images
  • DB41F338-DAA6-4AFF-AD00-D917052957D4.jpeg
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2004
1251 posts
581 upvotes
bman95 wrote: Can you post a snip of the bill? The ones posted on here (and mine) say that they are demo

Capture.PNG

You can see the word demo on the Line item: "LDU iPad demo fr 11p" and on the discount "Sale of demo model"
Images
  • thumbnail_Image.jpg
Jul 2, 2018
194 posts
144 upvotes
DeltaSingh wrote: Thanks for posting this, I guess it's because of this map that people didn't actually call any of them because I ended up finding two LOL

Worked out as my Surface Book just died out of the blue. My Surface 1 and Surface 2 had issues of their own. No damage, no nothing. Real hesitant to buy another Microsoft product at this point.

Now time to update the purchase date with Apple.

Yeah my second one today had nothing but the tablet. The manager grabbed a charger and cable off the wall and readjusted the tablet price accordingly. So I paid only $450 for the tablet and $25 each for the charger and the cable - will be returning both as I have dozens of USB C chargers laying around.
Hey @DeltaSingh, Which store did u find it in? Is there a chance to still get this in GVRD area? TIA
Jul 2, 2018
194 posts
144 upvotes
JustAUsername wrote: Congrats. I replied to his post with 5 stores in the Vancouver area that had them but no one looked at them and his post got 22 upvotes. I guess people like misinformation.

Also, I was just wondering why did you get 2 of them?
hmm the 5 stores you mentioned are these the ones you are referring to? :
"These stores have it in stock in Vancouver/Yukon:
- 321"

If that's the case then none of those are in GVRD area. They are either on vancouver island or northern BC. Can we get our local staples store to get them transfered them from these locations? TIA
May 9, 2020
300 posts
840 upvotes
Apple finding out that Staples is selling Demo units is gonna cause a shit storm at Staples HQ.
[OP]
Oct 12, 2020
239 posts
275 upvotes
Fate wrote:
Yours doesn’t say demo because they didn’t give you the $50 off. I think that too many people did the change purchase date thing and they caught up.
[OP]
Oct 12, 2020
239 posts
275 upvotes
p2r2tdealslover wrote: hmm the 5 stores you mentioned are these the ones you are referring to? :
"These stores have it in stock in Vancouver/Yukon:
- 321"

If that's the case then none of those are in GVRD area. They are either on vancouver island or northern BC. Can we get our local staples store to get them transfered them from these locations? TIA
I’m not from Vancouver so I wasn’t aware of that. Yes you can get them transferred to your location but it’s up to the store to decide if it’s too far or not and those stores might not have them anymore.

Go to a store with the SKU and ask them which staples have them and if they can get it transferred to your location.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
4525 posts
6873 upvotes
BC
JustAUsername wrote: I’m not from Vancouver so I wasn’t aware of that. Yes you can get them transferred to your location but it’s up to the store to decide if it’s too far or not and those stores might not have them anymore.

Go to a store with the SKU and ask them which staples have them and if they can get it transferred to your location.
Are you using stock track to determine stores with stock?
[OP]
Oct 12, 2020
239 posts
275 upvotes
peakingduck wrote: Are you using stock track to determine stores with stock?
I know someone that works at a staples and they can check the stock for all of Canada. I tried with stock track and it doesn’t show up for some reason.
Penalty Box
Jun 1, 2016
1553 posts
3974 upvotes
p2r2tdealslover wrote: Hey @DeltaSingh, Which store did u find it in? Is there a chance to still get this in GVRD area? TIA
I'm not sure how that would help you, each store only has one demo unit. One was downtown Vancouver and one was in Surrey.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2004
1251 posts
581 upvotes
JustAUsername wrote: Yours doesn’t say demo because they didn’t give you the $50 off. I think that too many people did the change purchase date thing and they caught up.
Thanks, I am aware they didn't give me the $50 off, the manager refused.

I was proving my receipt doesn't say demo and hence wasn't what triggered them to know it was a demo model.