Staples

Demo A12Z Cellular iPad Pro 128GB $475 - YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 1st, 2022 2:47 pm
Jul 21, 2009
168 posts
124 upvotes
Alberta
mikeyr wrote: Agreed. Going to a different store tomorrow with it to try and get the $50.
Let me know how that goes for you. I want $50 back also haha
May 20, 2008
294 posts
292 upvotes
Calgary
krazi3azn wrote: I got the one at sky view. No discount also, manager was super rude to me. No apple charger just a random one but over all decent condition.

Also fyi, coconut battery is not accurate it’s just an estimate. When I first plugged it in it was 88% but after a fresh install it was 95%+. Mine has 9 charge cycles which is super low and that’s what I use when purchasing MacBooks also.

Also today I saw $5 usb c cables at no frills, any one use these?
Nice. I did get the charger. And the dent on the back is smaller than I thought.

Are you going to try to take to a different store for the $50 off?

It appeared to be stuck on iOS 13.4, but I think needed to plug it in, now updating to 15.1. Had me concerned.

Got through to Apple tonight to update purchase date, but somehow got cut off and their support was closed when I called back. Hopefully goes smoothly tomorrow am. Will probably add the $6/mth AppleCare+.
TELUS Mobility | Unlimited 25GB | 7x$30-$5x3 loyalty for 24mths-$15x7 M&H for 24mths | M+H Unlimited CAN-US calling, Unlimited CAN-Int'l Text, VVM all for $0/line | $0 Peace of Mind Connect for AppleWatch | $0 Peace of Mind Access - Tablet x2
Apr 16, 2020
18 posts
8 upvotes
Planning on going to one of the stores near me tomorrow to ask about the possibility of them shipping one from another store.
Has anyone had any success with this, and if so, any suggestions?
Thanks!
May 20, 2008
294 posts
292 upvotes
Calgary
Updating my purchase date took maybe 5 minutes this morning via callback as suggested. Sent a picture of my receipt and confirmed the serial number. Thanks again everyone!!

Now to see if I can get the open box/demo discount…
TELUS Mobility | Unlimited 25GB | 7x$30-$5x3 loyalty for 24mths-$15x7 M&H for 24mths | M+H Unlimited CAN-US calling, Unlimited CAN-Int'l Text, VVM all for $0/line | $0 Peace of Mind Connect for AppleWatch | $0 Peace of Mind Access - Tablet x2
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2013
1778 posts
765 upvotes
Richmond Hill
mikeyr wrote: Updating my purchase date took maybe 5 minutes this morning via callback as suggested. Sent a picture of my receipt and confirmed the serial number. Thanks again everyone!!

what? you didn't get it? I am going to PM my receipt to you then.
Oct 14, 2018
13 posts
4 upvotes
mikeyr wrote: Updating my purchase date took maybe 5 minutes this morning via callback as suggested. Sent a picture of my receipt and confirmed the serial number. Thanks again everyone!!

Did you mention anything about the unit being a demo? Does your receipt say demo as well?
May 20, 2008
294 posts
292 upvotes
Calgary
jacky190424 wrote:
what? you didn't get it? I am going to PM my receipt to you then.
??? I got the purchase date updated. Didn’t get a discount when I purchased it.
bdh6259 wrote: Did you mention anything about the unit being a demo? Does your receipt say demo as well?
I said nothing about demo. Requested callback. Said I purchased my iPad Pro from Staples yesterday and need to update the purchase date. They could see the iPad in my Apple profile, sent me a link, I uploaded the receipt. The agent took a few minutes to fill out a form, came back and asked for serial number confirmation and that was it. Used my manners and was polite and thankful

Receipt: LDU = Liquid Display or Demo Unit, told me at the store, can’t recall 100%.
FE352F9A-D679-4EA3-9D24-AED045905030.jpeg
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2013
1778 posts
765 upvotes
Richmond Hill
mikeyr wrote: ??? I got the purchase date updated. Didn’t get a discount when I purchased it.

I said nothing about demo. Requested callback. Said I purchased my iPad Pro from Staples yesterday and need to update the purchase date. They could see the iPad in my Apple profile, sent me a link, I uploaded the receipt. The agent took a few minutes to fill out a form, came back and asked for serial number confirmation and that was it. Used my manners and was polite and thankful

Receipt: LDU = Liquid Display or Demo Unit, told me at the store, can’t recall 100%.

That is what I am trying to share my full receipt with you, and let you go to prove to the store that other buyers got the discount for the demo unit.
Last edited by jacky190424 on Nov 12th, 2021 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
May 20, 2008
294 posts
292 upvotes
Calgary
jacky190424 wrote: That is what I am trying to share my full receipt with you, and let you go to prove to the store other buyers got the discount for the demo unit.
Ah, ok. I did email you. Thanks!
Jul 21, 2009
168 posts
124 upvotes
Alberta
mikeyr wrote: ??? I got the purchase date updated. Didn’t get a discount when I purchased it.

Thanks I just did callback and was successful! The first two times I did chat and failed and they said it was a demo.
Jun 14, 2017
377 posts
278 upvotes
Montreal
Looking at it the French receipt probably screwed me, they blast the word demo all over it! lol
AT&T Group Plan Admin
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2013
1778 posts
765 upvotes
Richmond Hill
bman95 wrote: Looking at it the French receipt probably screwed me, they blast the word demo all over it! lol
Cut it out, that's what I did.
Don't use phone to take a picture and edit the photo, that will make it too obvious.
Scan it as B&W then you can edit it much easier .
May 20, 2008
294 posts
292 upvotes
Calgary
jacky190424 wrote: That is what I am trying to share my full receipt with you, and let you go to prove to the store that other buyers got the discount for the demo unit.
Got $50 off! They didn’t want to (no discounts on Apple), but the supervisor phoned her manager and he agreed to max $50. Supervisor told me no to the $10 off $75 coupon in front of the sales guy. Greed screwed me out of a few bucks, because the sales guy was going to give me 10%, not $50, but the supervisor had came back over because I asked again about the $10 and she caught the 10% he had entered instead of straight $50. If I hadn’t asked her about the code in front of him, he would’ve probably given me 10% and the $10. Oh well, happy with $499 and full AppleCare Warranty. Thanks again!!
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2013
1778 posts
765 upvotes
Richmond Hill
mikeyr wrote: Got $50 off! They didn’t want to (no discounts on Apple), but the supervisor phoned her manager and he agreed to max $50. Supervisor told me no to the $10 off $75 coupon in front of the sales guy. Greed screwed me out of a few bucks, because the sales guy was going to give me 10%, not $50, but the supervisor had came back over because I asked again about the $10 and she caught the 10% he had entered instead of straight $50. If I hadn’t asked her about the code in front of him, he would’ve probably given me 10% and the $10. Oh well, happy with $499 and full AppleCare Warranty. Thanks again!!
I'm glad to hear that.

Enjoy your iPad Pro.
Oct 14, 2018
13 posts
4 upvotes
Where do you need to go to request a callback from support? I don’t see the option on the website.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2007
1688 posts
600 upvotes
If anyone in the GTA that got one changes their mind please let me know! thanks.
Jul 21, 2009
168 posts
124 upvotes
Alberta
mikeyr wrote: Got $50 off! They didn’t want to (no discounts on Apple), but the supervisor phoned her manager and he agreed to max $50. Supervisor told me no to the $10 off $75 coupon in front of the sales guy. Greed screwed me out of a few bucks, because the sales guy was going to give me 10%, not $50, but the supervisor had came back over because I asked again about the $10 and she caught the 10% he had entered instead of straight $50. If I hadn’t asked her about the code in front of him, he would’ve probably given me 10% and the $10. Oh well, happy with $499 and full AppleCare Warranty. Thanks again!!
I need to do this. When I tried the guy kept showing me the retail and cost and said we are loosing slot of money selling this to you.
May 20, 2008
294 posts
292 upvotes
Calgary
krazi3azn wrote: I need to do this. When I tried the guy kept showing me the retail and cost and said we are loosing slot of money selling this to you.
Try a different store. Be persistent. Annoyed I lost another potential $15, but can’t complain on the overall savings!
Jul 21, 2009
168 posts
124 upvotes
Alberta
mikeyr wrote: Try a different store. Be persistent. Annoyed I lost another potential $15, but can’t complain on the overall savings!
Could you pm me your receipt please
Nov 8, 2021
2 posts
If there’s anyone in the Vancouver / lower mainland willing to sell theirs, or know of a store with inventory please let me know. I’ve tried a few stores and the employees don’t know what I’m talking about.

I have a free flight pass about to expire so I’d be more than happy to get from other province if need be. Thank you!!!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)