Staples

Demo A12Z Cellular iPad Pro 128GB $475 - YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 1st, 2022 2:47 pm
Jul 1, 2014
30 posts
53 upvotes
Port Coquitlam, BC
dealseeker6969 wrote: If there’s anyone in the Vancouver / lower mainland willing to sell theirs, or know of a store with inventory please let me know. I’ve tried a few stores and the employees don’t know what I’m talking about.

I have a free flight pass about to expire so I’d be more than happy to get from other province if need be. Thank you!!!
PM’d you.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2013
1779 posts
765 upvotes
Richmond Hill
dealseeker6969 wrote: If there’s anyone in the Vancouver / lower mainland willing to sell theirs, or know of a store with inventory please let me know. I’ve tried a few stores and the employees don’t know what I’m talking about.

I have a free flight pass about to expire so I’d be more than happy to get from other province if need be. Thank you!!!
WoW" This is a legend level RFDer
Jun 14, 2017
377 posts
278 upvotes
Montreal
Update: Still no callback or change. I wonder am I going to be the only one who won't be able to update the date?
AT&T Group Plan Admin
May 20, 2008
294 posts
292 upvotes
Calgary
bman95 wrote: Update: Still no callback or change. I wonder am I going to be the only one who won't be able to update the date?
I sent this to another user and it worked:

I think you need to be logged into support

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/

Use this link;
https://getsupport.apple.com/?caller=ik ... _id=SC0200

I get:

How would you like to get help?
Based on what you’ve told us, here are the best options.

Talk to Apple Support Now
Provide your phone number and Apple Support will call you now.
Wait time: 2 minutes or less.

Click that Talk to and follow directions. Or get the Apple Support App.
TELUS Mobility | Unlimited 25GB | 7x$30-$5x3 loyalty for 24mths-$15x7 M&H for 24mths | M+H Unlimited CAN-US calling, Unlimited CAN-Int'l Text, VVM all for $0/line | $0 Peace of Mind Connect for AppleWatch | $0 Peace of Mind Access - Tablet x2
May 20, 2008
294 posts
292 upvotes
Calgary
FYI, I just got Staples to price match this:
https://basselectronics.ca/products/log ... xford-gray

Pretty good reviews for it.

Use coupon 85849 do get an additional $10 off. $190 + tax is probably the best you’ll find for it. I was waiting for Black Friday.
TELUS Mobility | Unlimited 25GB | 7x$30-$5x3 loyalty for 24mths-$15x7 M&H for 24mths | M+H Unlimited CAN-US calling, Unlimited CAN-Int'l Text, VVM all for $0/line | $0 Peace of Mind Connect for AppleWatch | $0 Peace of Mind Access - Tablet x2
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2013
1779 posts
765 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Finally I borrowed my friend's macbook to check the battery life cycle.
It said 3 only....I am guessing 3 is included I charged the first time after I purchased it.

It's healthy? It's 3 only... It seems too less for a unit that is more than 1 year and half.

Capacity Design is 94%
Penalty Box
Jun 1, 2016
1553 posts
3975 upvotes
jacky190424 wrote: Finally I borrowed my friend's macbook to check the battery life cycle.
It said 3 only....I am guessing 3 is included I charged the first time after I purchased it.

It's healthy? It's 3 only... It seems too less for a unit that is more than 1 year and half.

Capacity Design is 94%
People here clearly do not understand lithium batteries.

Charge cycles are only one metric of measuring the battery's health. The capacity until it was charged and held also impacts the battery's performance. Having a battery plugged in all the time for over a year is not doing anyone any favours and you should expect significant degradation on the battery sooner than a brand new product.

There's little way to measure such an impact except your own subjective experience after a few charge and discharge cycles.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2013
1779 posts
765 upvotes
Richmond Hill
DeltaSingh wrote: People here clearly do not understand lithium batteries.

Charge cycles are only one metric of measuring the battery's health. The capacity until it was charged and held also impacts the battery's performance. Having a battery plugged in all the time for over a year is not doing anyone any favours and you should expect significant degradation on the battery sooner than a brand new product.

There's little way to measure such an impact except your own subjective experience after a few charge and discharge cycles.
Thank you for your response.
I knew lithium batteries lifetime is based on how many times of plug-in and out charging.
That's why I am concerned that my unit only has 3 in 1 year and half.
Jun 14, 2017
377 posts
278 upvotes
Montreal
Update! After requesting to speak with someone after not hearing back from the “escalations team” the T1 was like “why was this a problem?” and updated my Date!

It’s still not updated everywhere yet, but I can get my yellow screen replaced!!!
E7E1AB7F-9E93-46AE-A29B-FAE75FFCAD52.jpeg
AT&T Group Plan Admin
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2007
1229 posts
335 upvotes
Toronto
bman95 wrote: Update! After requesting to speak with someone after not hearing back from the “escalations team” the T1 was like “why was this a problem?” and updated my Date!

It’s still not updated everywhere yet, but I can get my yellow screen replaced!!!

E7E1AB7F-9E93-46AE-A29B-FAE75FFCAD52.jpeg
Do you think they’ll just repair the screen or replace device ?
Jun 14, 2017
377 posts
278 upvotes
Montreal
ObLaDi wrote: Do you think they’ll just repair the screen or replace device ?
Just got back from the Apple store, they didn't have any in stock but have a replacement device coming next week!
AT&T Group Plan Admin
May 20, 2008
294 posts
292 upvotes
Calgary
bman95 wrote: Just got back from the Apple store, they didn't have any in stock but have a replacement device coming next week!
Nice! So that’s covered under AppleCare or AppleCare+ at $49?

On a side not, finally tested my batter tonight, 112 cycles, but 104% design capacity. So cycled weekly and battery has good health!

Oh and the Combo Touch price match I posted earlier, they adjusted my purchase price by $209.99, so I got it for $42!!
Jun 14, 2017
377 posts
278 upvotes
Montreal
mikeyr wrote: Nice! So that’s covered under AppleCare or AppleCare+ at $49?

On a side not, finally tested my batter tonight, 112 cycles, but 104% design capacity. So cycled weekly and battery has good health!

Oh and the Combo Touch price match I posted earlier, they adjusted my purchase price by $209.99, so I got it for $42!!
The repair is covered under the limited warranty because there isn't any physical damage, however seeing as the store didn't have a replacement on hand I chose to add Apple Care for $6.50 and requested an express replacement to be shipped directly to me vs returning to the Apple store again later in the week. (Which would have been free)

And damn, at $50 I would have been very into that keyboard!
AT&T Group Plan Admin
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2007
1229 posts
335 upvotes
Toronto
mikeyr wrote: Nice! So that’s covered under AppleCare or AppleCare+ at $49?

Staples made an error with the adjustment ?
May 20, 2008
294 posts
292 upvotes
Calgary
ObLaDi wrote: Staples made an error with the adjustment ?
Yes. I had used a $10 coupon. They were supposed to still give me $50 + gst off that price and somehow gave me $199.99 + gst off. I did this all via chat. Got the pre-approval, ordered it online and then got the adjustment after it shipped. Was amazed to see the $209.99 credit. So worked out to $40 + GST.

May be worth a shot. If doesn’t work out, can always return it. I posted it earlier, but here’s where I price matched Staples with.

Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2013
1779 posts
765 upvotes
Richmond Hill
mikeyr wrote: Yes. I had used a $10 coupon. They were supposed to still give me $50 + gst off that price and somehow gave me $199.99 + gst off. I did this all via chat. Got the pre-approval, ordered it online and then got the adjustment after it shipped. Was amazed to see the $209.99 credit. So worked out to $40 + GST.

May be worth a shot. If doesn’t work out, can always return it. I posted it earlier, but here’s where I price matched Staples with.

Wtf.....50 off became 199 off?
As I know Staples head office will review the PM usually.

Keep on eye in your CC
May 20, 2008
294 posts
292 upvotes
Calgary
jacky190424 wrote: Wtf.....50 off became 199 off?
As I know Staples head office will review the PM usually.

Keep on eye in your CC
Will do. Not sure they can charge it now, but who knows…
Jun 16, 2011
12 posts
Montreal
I also could not update the date. Apple support said no warranty or support to demo devices.
The word Demo printed on my receipt 2 times, and they caught that.

My ipad works so far so good. Check the battery health is healthy.
Is it worth getting the insurance for an extra 100$ from staples?
If something happens, staples said the insurance will refund me full amount to get a replacement device.
May 20, 2008
294 posts
292 upvotes
Calgary
niteowl wrote: I also could not update the date. Apple support said no warranty or support to demo devices.
The word Demo printed on my receipt 2 times, and they caught that.

My ipad works so far so good. Check the battery health is healthy.
Is it worth getting the insurance for an extra 100$ from staples?
If something happens, staples said the insurance will refund me full amount to get a replacement device.
I believe under some consumer law, they have to warranty it. Maybe escalate the claim to a manager?
https://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/st ... ights.html

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT202696
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2007
1229 posts
335 upvotes
Toronto
Is there anywhere that shows the policy that you’re suppose to get $50 or 10% off on demo model, like on the site or something ? I can’t find it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)