• Last Updated:
  • Dec 20th, 2019 9:42 am
[OP]
Aug 1, 2012
939 posts
197 upvotes
Cambridge

[Staples] Duracell Quantum AA Batteries (Pack of 16) $6.99

Staples currently has Duracell Quantum AA Alkaline batteries for $6.99 +tax per pack. Each pack contains 16 AA batteries.
https://www.staples.ca/products/199802- ... ies-16pack

This deal with Duracell Quantum still comes out slightly better than the Costco sale where the AA CopperTop 48-count pack sells for $21.99 ($6 off regular $27.99).

Edit (12/20): Seems OOS, cannot find the item on website anymore.
Last edited by jansh84 on Dec 20th, 2019 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
51 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2009
1623 posts
1104 upvotes
AB
Bought 3 packs, thanks OP!
Dec 29, 2008
328 posts
373 upvotes
Mississauga
I understand that these batteries are discounted but why don't you guys simply buy eneloop batteries? Even original price for eneloop batteries will save you money in the long run and it doesn't have the problem of fast self discharge like regular rechargeable batteries. You're also saving the planet by producing less waste
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2015
3043 posts
2931 upvotes
Toronto, ON
spiderspawnx wrote: In for four, thanks. In store pickup is the way to go.
Please buy rechargeable batteries instead, better for the environment.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
12032 posts
1894 upvotes
Vancouver
RadioDude wrote: I understand that these batteries are discounted but why don't you guys simply buy eneloop batteries? Even original price for eneloop batteries will save you money in the long run and it doesn't have the problem of fast self discharge like regular rechargeable batteries. You're also saving the planet by producing less waste
Use to think this way but every rechargeable battery and charger was nothing but trouble for me. Gave up. Now it’s non rechargeables unfortunately.
Dec 23, 2016
73 posts
53 upvotes
carmageddon wrote: Please buy rechargeable batteries instead, better for the environment.
There is nothing on RFD that saves the environment. Hate to break it to you but consumerism, capitalism and over-population will not go away if I recharge.

On that note, my end of times gear needs batteries too. In for 2 more.
Nov 15, 2017
316 posts
622 upvotes
WEST CANADA
Most of the devices sold now a days have an internal integrated rechargeable battery. How do you ppl use so many batteries?
Jan 4, 2008
610 posts
493 upvotes
Toronto
Best mainstream Alkalines. Duracell even coppertops have always been superior to energizer
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2015
3043 posts
2931 upvotes
Toronto, ON
spiderspawnx wrote: There is nothing on RFD that saves the environment. Hate to break it to you but consumerism, capitalism and over-population will not go away if I recharge.

Lol good job. Need more people like you to really make a difference in this world
Deal Addict
May 30, 2010
1638 posts
1048 upvotes
LOL at everyone here pointing to rechargeable to "save the environment". Well over 90% of the environmental damage is done at a commercial/industrial level. We are being shamed as individuals to do things that make the lobby groups justify their funding, and make others feel good that they were able "to make a difference". In fact, we haven't. What's needed is to make the political / industrial / commercial entities accountable to clean up their act, in order to see a difference.
Jun 9, 2019
379 posts
461 upvotes
spiderspawnx wrote: There is nothing on RFD that saves the environment. Hate to break it to you but consumerism, capitalism and over-population will not go away if I recharge.

Apparently the principle of individual accountability is lost on you. Buy a few more while you're at it, take my accountability with you!
Jun 9, 2019
379 posts
461 upvotes
my0gr81 wrote: LOL at everyone here pointing to rechargeable to "save the environment". Well over 90% of the environmental damage is done at a commercial/industrial level. We are being shamed as individuals to do things that make the lobby groups justify their funding, and make others feel good that they were able "to make a difference". In fact, we haven't. What's needed is to make the political / industrial / commercial entities accountable to clean up their act, in order to see a difference.
Lead by example. If we all see each other holding ourselves accountable for the environment, we will feel more pressured to make the biggest changes in affecting the environment. The prime one being voting in the politicians that will make a difference. But you don't get to that point by s****ing on the environment and diffusing your own responsibility to the corporations.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
9016 posts
5455 upvotes
Toronto
I usually buy Primecables, right now 20 for $4 but been even cheaper in past sales with free shipping.

For low drain devices I tend to use alkaline (clocks, mice, flashlights etc) since the batteries lasts for months/years. For high drain Eneloop and AmazonBasics NiMh is best.
Mar 22, 2016
39 posts
21 upvotes
Angultra wrote: I usually buy Primecables, right now 20 for $4 but been even cheaper in past sales with free shipping.

For low drain devices I tend to use alkaline (clocks, mice, flashlights etc) since the batteries lasts for months/years. For high drain Eneloop and AmazonBasics NiMh is best.
Harder to justify Eneloops when LADDA exists at Ikea.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2003
2297 posts
786 upvotes
FYI these are discontinued because they had their name and packaging changed, so this is an incredibly hot deal for the absolute best alkaline AAs ever created. the actual market dollar value for this performance is 4x higher