Expired Hot Deals

[Staples] - Duracell Rechargeable Batteries (AA or AAA) 4 Pack - $9.94

[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2006
1575 posts
281 upvotes

[Staples] - Duracell Rechargeable Batteries (AA or AAA) 4 Pack - $9.94

Was looking to get more batteries and staples has a sale on the Duracell batteries again
Half off the 4 Packs and also the pack with the battery charger as well.
This makes the pack of batteries around $10 or $13 with the charger
Stock is highly dependent on store you visit!

:lol:
25 replies
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
13753 posts
8467 upvotes
Markham
Not sure if sale is still on at all Ikeas but you might consider Ladda batteries at Ikea. They may be not as good as Duracel but it's $2.99 for 4 batteries (AA or AAA). Still on sale at North York store.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
3931 posts
3106 upvotes
Ottawa
Although these are supposed to be rebadged Eneloops, I have many dead Duracell LSD (white top) batteries in AAs and AAAs recently (bought from SDM a few years ago) that haven't been charged that many times. My smart charger indicated that the dead batteries are "HIGH" with voltage levels more than 2V. Meanwhile, the white Eneloops are still going so I am not going to waste any more money on these Duracell ones.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
2539 posts
1726 upvotes
GTA
I too can confirm North York Ikea has LOTS of the AA and AAA precharged batteries for $2.99/4. Just bought 10 packs yesterday. They are located in the lighting section. Don't know how good or bad these precharged are but even regular rechargables cost a lot more than $2.99.
Nov 23, 2013
315 posts
72 upvotes
Shawinigan
Very good rechargeable batteries " Duraloops " is the sae as Eneloops
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
17470 posts
10250 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
For those in Vancouver, the Coquitlam store has the LADDAs on for $3.99/4. Lots left in the lighting department as of yesterday.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4382 posts
1184 upvotes
Charlottetown
thanks OP, local store has stock.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2007
2869 posts
3681 upvotes
Calgary
Picked up a bunch last time and have had no issues. Works just as well as my Eneloops. Thanks OP, need more batteries as my daughter's toys eat up these things so quickly.
Apr 17, 2006
65 posts
44 upvotes
Even the chargers are on sale! I got the ion 8000 for $29.83! Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
3168 posts
924 upvotes
Out of curiosity, do the dead white tops say Made in Japan (as far as I know they always were but wondering if they pulled a switcheroo to China like the black tops at any point)?

gumby wrote: Although these are supposed to be rebadged Eneloops, I have many dead Duracell LSD (white top) batteries in AAs and AAAs recently (bought from SDM a few years ago) that haven't been charged that many times. My smart charger indicated that the dead batteries are "HIGH" with voltage levels more than 2V. Meanwhile, the white Eneloops are still going so I am not going to waste any more money on these Duracell ones.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
3931 posts
3106 upvotes
Ottawa
mangoman wrote: Out of curiosity, do the dead white tops say Made in Japan (as far as I know they always were but wondering if they pulled a switcheroo to China like the black tops at any point)?
Yes they were all Made in Japan - including the dead black tops.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
3787 posts
2783 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
Britex wrote: I too can confirm North York Ikea has LOTS of the AA and AAA precharged batteries for $2.99/4. Just bought 10 packs yesterday. They are located in the lighting section. Don't know how good or bad these precharged are but even regular rechargables cost a lot more than $2.99.
Yes, this is a great deal. I picked up 4 packs each of AAA's and AA's at the North York store. At this price I'm less concerned about using them in my bicycle lights. (Forgetting to remove your lights, and having them stolen, is a double burn when you lose expensive rechargeable batteries along with them).
Nov 11, 2004
196 posts
38 upvotes
Dumb question: Would these work with Eneloop chargers? I have a white one, and a black one....
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
3787 posts
2783 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
newbieRFD wrote: Dumb question: Would these work with Eneloop chargers? I have a white one, and a black one....
I have the first gen Eneloop rapid charger, and I charge Duracell and Ikea Ladda batteries in it.
Sep 21, 2001
980 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto
gumby wrote: Although these are supposed to be rebadged Eneloops, I have many dead Duracell LSD (white top) batteries in AAs and AAAs recently (bought from SDM a few years ago) that haven't been charged that many times. My smart charger indicated that the dead batteries are "HIGH" with voltage levels more than 2V. Meanwhile, the white Eneloops are still going so I am not going to waste any more money on these Duracell ones.
Which smart charger are you using?
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
2844 posts
2095 upvotes
GVRD
bdaman wrote: Which smart charger are you using?
I know some "battery geek" prefers the Lacrosse brand smart chargers.

I am using the newer Eneloop BQ-CC17, it is better than the old one where I can charge 1 cell a time.

I just picked up a couple packages of AAA from Richmond Sweden Way, good deal as mine are getting quite old.