Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

Duracell rechargeable batteries AA and AAA on sale (50% off) Great Deal

Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
4018 posts
2517 upvotes
Halifax
anotherbargainhunter wrote: So are IKEA rechargeable batteries really better than Duracell? I might have to return the ones that I bought if they are not better than IKEA ones.
The Ikea batteries are made in Japan. Considering the country of manufacture, and that they behave like eneloops, they are probably eneloops.
Aug 30, 2006
144 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto
i have been using ENELOOPs for years, not a single issue. I had a bunch of Duracells - white tops, again, no issues. IKEA's LADDA for at least 2 years, just as good as ENELOOPs. NiMh batterires, though marked as memory-free, I prefer to have them to cycle charge completely. As purchased, I charge them using an Overnight Charger (slow charge). then wait until it runs low on charge after 1st use before re-charging. Fast Chargers are good for occasional use as it tends to overheat the batteries during the charging cycle. Overheating can lead to fire or an irreversible damage to the internal chemistry of the battery causing chemical leak/chemical burn or even fire. But with a slow charger, battery remains cool and lasts longer. I remember ages ago, I had a set of NICds for a portable 2 way radio. My friends bought the same brand (Sanyo AAs) and mine lasted more than 5 yrs. Theirs barely lasted a year due to frequent charging @ 50% capacity. Even rechargeable Lithium batteries lasts longer when properly cycle charged. Depending on your use/purpose and availability of a spare battery, the key to a lasting charge is a proper cycle charge. Bring down the battery to at least 30%, but not to a total discharge. Slow Charge when possible and your battery will last longer.
bridonca wrote: The Ikea batteries are made in Japan. Considering the country of manufacture, and that they behave like eneloops, they are probably eneloops.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2005
2448 posts
1282 upvotes
Did anyone receive theirs yet?

On my desktop it says it's shipping and out for delivery for 3 days now. There's no tracking history when I click "View Full Tracking History"

On my iPhone going to the same view order link, it says it's processing.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)