• Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2009 1:44 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
7408 posts
1557 upvotes
Edmonton

Staples easyRewards instead of Dividends = not so easy

I logged onto my Staples Dividends account today and was surprised to find that they now boast of a new easyRewards program...

Changes to the Program:

We changed our name from Dividend$ to easyRewards Savings. You may continue to use your Dividend$ card as you usually do, however, the minimum spend required to earn rewards has changed to $2000 in qualifying sales per calendar year. If you are spending less than $2000: Every swipe of your Dividend$/easyRewards Savings card earns a ballot to win 1 of 5, $500 STAPLES/ Bureau en Gros gift cards in our quarterly draw!When you spend more than $2000: Get automatically upgraded to the GOLD level and earn up to 4% in rewards, maximum $20/quarter!

Now from what I recall, the old amount one had to spend in a year to be Dividends Gold member was $1,000, but I may be wrong. (Does anyone know?)

Now here's the icing on the cake re: a computer purchase:
*Excludes Canada Post postage stamps, computers, gift cards and taxes. Qualifying purchase amount will reflect the sales amount after coupon redemption. Gold Members are not excluded from earning rewards on computer purchases. STAPLES/Bureau en Gros reserves the right to revise or cancel this program at any time without prior notice.

I don't recall getting any info. from them when they changed their program over to the new one. I detest that they make everything look so easy but the only easy thing is for those who spend over $2000 a year. It looks like they downgraded their program. Back in the 150% PM day I spent that I think, but now, I don't shop there as much. Kind of hard to shop there anyway when things are OOS anyway so much of the time.
2 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2007
2053 posts
183 upvotes
York Region
jory29 wrote: I don't recall getting any info. from them when they changed their program over to the new one. I detest that they make everything look so easy but the only easy thing is for those who spend over $2000 a year. It looks like they downgraded their program. Back in the 150% PM day I spent that I think, but now, I don't shop there as much. Kind of hard to shop there anyway when things are OOS anyway so much of the time.
You such never expect too much from Staples.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2004
1120 posts
39 upvotes
Non-gold dividends members have always been excluded from collecting points on computer/laptop purchases.

But yeah, otherwise the new program womps.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)