Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

Ebates: $20 off on orders $75+

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 9th, 2018 12:57 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2975 posts
2003 upvotes
montreal
gleech wrote: The two echo dots charges now appeared on my CC for full amount. How long before they reversed everything?
Usually within a week.

Once they issue the refund, it can take up to 5-7 business day.

For the first part of my order, it took 2-3 days.

For the last part (echo dot), it was supposed to already be credited, but for some reason it didn't
went through automatically,
so they re-did the 58$ refund manually and they told me to wait another 5-7 days to see it on my statement ...
Dec 23, 2011
299 posts
202 upvotes
superbigjay wrote: Usually within a week.

Once they issue the refund, it can take up to 5-7 business day.

For the first part of my order, it took 2-3 days.

For the last part (echo dot), it was supposed to already be credited, but for some reason it didn't
went through automatically,
so they re-did the 58$ refund manually and they told me to wait another 5-7 days to see it on my statement ...
Thanks, I received my dots yesterday, and saw the charges posted this morning. And I have till January 7th to return the very first item that I received which they also charged me full price. So hopefully I can see some refund from them within the timeframe, if not then I'm thinking of phoning my CC to dispute the charges on the two echo dot since I did not authorized those two new orders.
Dec 31, 2013
317 posts
344 upvotes
Toronto
superbigjay wrote: Got similar end results ...
Got separate full amount charges on my cc (total of 270 instead of the initial 70).
Even my cancelled echo dot order, was delivered ???
But finally, got a refund the whole amount and told me to keep everything.

Didn't do really anything special ...
Just chatted to know why the echo dot still shipped as I was told it was properly cancelled.
And someone called me back with the same line : you can keep it or give it to someone else.

So by far the best deal I was able to pull after my 15$ KitchenAid juicer!

Way more trouble, but so much more entertaining ...
Wow, that's nice. Regarding your cancelled echo dot that was delivered, I remember reading some consumer protection laws on this scenario (unsolicited goods) - you're not required to pay for it or return it, and if you have paid for it already (i.e. charged by Staples) you can demand a refund and Staples will be required to give you your money back. It is effectively yours for free. Maybe that's the reason they refunded you and let you keep it, especially if you are in Quebec which I believe has stronger consumer protection laws. Anyways, based on your next post I see that you made multiple returns instead of one full return. Did they tell you to keep the items for each return (i.e. keep all the items you ordered) or just the last return (i.e. keep only the echo dot)? Did you bring the items to a store for a refund, or did you contact them via online chat or phone call first? Thanks.

On another note, here is my update:
Staples head office called me and responded to my BBB complaint. They were very reasonable and told me that they would refund my credit card an amount such that my total cost/charge goes back down to the discounted price (the price on the invoice). If you made a BBB complaint early on in this fiasco, you should be hearing from them soon or have already heard from them. If you didn't make a complaint, you still have some time to do so. They are given two weeks to respond to your complaint so if you file one now they will respond before the January 7th return deadline - if anything goes wrong you will still be able to return it. Don't wait if you want to file a complaint - for example, if you file a complaint on January 1st, Staples can wait til the last day of their two week response window (January 15th) to contact you and if they say they will do nothing, you will be left with a full charge for your order and would not be able to return it since it would now be past the Jan 7 return deadline.

So, you can either do this and get your order for the discounted price, or you can gamble and go the "double or nothing" route by returning all the items - they will either 1) fully refund you and tell you to keep everything (this is the double) OR 2) fully refund you and take everything back (this is the nothing).
Better behave yourself if you don't want to get sued.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2975 posts
2003 upvotes
montreal
RFDealsLurker wrote: Regarding your cancelled echo dot that was delivered ...
Anyways, based on your next post I see that you made multiple returns instead of one full return.
Did they tell you to keep the items for each return (i.e. keep all the items you ordered) or just the last return (i.e. keep only the echo dot)?
Did you bring the items to a store for a refund, or did you contact them via online chat or phone call first? Thanks.
For the returns of my first shipments, I asked for official invoices with the full amounts in order to return all items in one trip to the store.
This was to be sure to be able to get the full amounts and not only the discounted (with coupon) that was on my initial invoice.

When they called me, they told me that they refunded all charges on the cc and that I could keep all items.
I told them I could return them to the store but they said not to bother about it and simply keep them.

For the echo dot, they told me that they were surprised that it actually shipped, as it was "successfully"
marked as cancelled in their system ...
They told me that the supplier was generous, as the charge would be also reverted and I could keep it.

So I got everything in my order for 0.00$ !
;-)

PS: yes I am in Quebec.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
1291 posts
423 upvotes
Calgary
I should have check forum and dispute with staples before I returned all 3 shipments from same order today. The print out store csr give me don't show any amount, upon asking he said all charges will refund back to payment card. Now for my surprise I am seeing $21 extra pending charge from staples on today date in addition of 2 transaction of total 225 from last month.
Dec 23, 2011
299 posts
202 upvotes
ykhehra1 wrote: I should have check forum and dispute with staples before I returned all 3 shipments from same order today. The print out store csr give me don't show any amount, upon asking he said all charges will refund back to payment card. Now for my surprise I am seeing $21 extra pending charge from staples on today date in addition of 2 transaction of total 225 from last month.
Do you still have your items or you returned everything? I also chatted with CS and disputed the charges for two echo dots the other day, they are confident that they did it correctly and offered me $20 refund which I refused. And this morning I saw a $20 refund from staples.
Feb 10, 2013
223 posts
53 upvotes
Brampton
Returned all my items to the store. Looking forward for the credit to show up now.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
3497 posts
2143 upvotes
Etobicoke
milanshergill wrote: Returned all my items to the store. Looking forward for the credit to show up now.
I returned all my items from.one order and it was credited back to my account after 4 days.
Oct 27, 2006
420 posts
613 upvotes
BC
Had a bit of buyer's remorse on some of my purchases, even with the flat $20 discount.

Returned them to the nearest Staples store and 4 days later my CC got credited with the full retail price of those items, taxes and all.

...Merry Christmas? lol
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7571 posts
3145 upvotes
Canada
bump. Anyone still dealing with their Credit cards? A few people I know still have their credit cards investigating it.
One of my friends told me he tried to call and speak about the unauthorized charges and the discounts,etc and they didn't want to listen and just kept saying it was an error on their part,but they fixed it and urged to return UNOPENED items. Yet, this person didn't know who was sending him all this so he was opening to check(some items were in plane white boxes), no invoices came with shipments. So... he was told he can't return opened items. LOL. So they charged his CC an amount he did not authorized then he told them NOT to ship it, which they CONFIRMED they would not ship and then they shipped it and now he is in the poo.... What a scam!!!
I use voice typing, expect mistakes...
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2975 posts
2003 upvotes
montreal
in my case, got full refund to the last cent on my cc, and was told to keep everything.
So a free 270$ order ...
One of the beast deal I got on rfd so far....

(I say one of the best because it was a lot of trouble to follow up and all the hassles)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7571 posts
3145 upvotes
Canada
superbigjay wrote: in my case, got full refund to the last cent on my cc, and was told to keep everything.
So a free 270$ order ...
One of the beast deal I got on rfd so far....

(I say one of the best because it was a lot of trouble to follow up and all the hassles)
Can you please tell me how you did it so I can pass it on to a few of my friends who are not RFD and it seem so far resolution hasn't been reached.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2004
1223 posts
240 upvotes
i just saw they cancelled my discounted order and pending charge of the full price for echo dots. They also show "out for delivery" under their order status... I guess I got to contact them now.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2975 posts
2003 upvotes
montreal
superbigjay wrote: Got similar end results ...
Got separate full amount charges on my cc (total of 270 instead of the initial 70).
Even my cancelled echo dot order, was delivered ???
But finally, got a refund the whole amount and told me to keep everything.

Didn't do really anything special ...
Just chatted to know why the echo dot still shipped as I was told it was properly cancelled.
And someone called me back with the same line : you can keep it or give it to someone else.

So by far the best deal I was able to pull after my 15$ KitchenAid juicer!

Way more trouble, but so much more entertaining ...
dazz wrote: Can you please tell me how you did it so I can pass it on to a few of my friends who are not RFD and it seem so far resolution hasn't been reached.
Sorry Dazz,
it seems there isn't a real pattern here...

Some people like Kevin711 were given a full refund and offer to keep item when returning in store.

And other like me were offered the same thing on the phone.

In my case, I simply asked by for the final invoices in order to return stock in store as my order was split into 5 shipments and didn't ask for anything special.
Then later, someone called me to tell me that they refunded the whole order and keep everything for the trouble.

A friend of mine tried on the phone and chat to scared them and threaten to file a complaint with the OPC (office de la protection du consommateur), but with no results and ended up with simply returning everything to the store.

So my only suggestion would be to return everything in store, cross your finger and hope that they'll give you a little something for the trouble.
Worst case, they will have only loose time with this deal / glitch

You, how did you reach resolution?
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2004
1223 posts
240 upvotes
they have refunded after tax the $20 coupons so in the end we pay more taxes. Unsure whether to just accept, to contact them again, or return all the items. Just a hassle for me to return it to the store.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7571 posts
3145 upvotes
Canada
superbigjay wrote:
You, how did you reach resolution?
I canceled the card right away, got a new one and put a block on it so that Staples cannot do any transactions, since these a-holes can still charge a card that is canceled as long as they have your card number( that's something 99% of all people don't know). So far I have everything and no word from them.
Aug 26, 2015
308 posts
434 upvotes
Toronto, ON
So looks like Staples doesn't want to honor the presale Amazon Echo which I ordered for $100 - $20 discount. They missed the December delivery date, and they've been emailing me regularly to change the order. I'm in no rush so I told them I'll wait.

TODAY, i check their website, oh, lo-and-behold, the Echo 2 is available now, but for $130, and a different product number now. So frigging shady. I'm not going to let them get away with this. I demand justice.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2841 posts
3451 upvotes
Toronto
tekguy26 wrote: So looks like Staples doesn't want to honor the presale Amazon Echo which I ordered for $100 - $20 discount. They missed the December delivery date, and they've been emailing me regularly to change the order. I'm in no rush so I told them I'll wait.

TODAY, i check their website, oh, lo-and-behold, the Echo 2 is available now, but for $130, and a different product number now. So frigging shady. I'm not going to let them get away with this. I demand justice.
Same thing happened to me! I was wondering why they took the picture out of the order page, now I know. Do you know what I want to change my order to? I want to change it to the exact same Amazon Echo that's in stock at the price that I originally agreed to purchase it at.

I didn't think that Staples would be this shady, but I guess you can never drop too low. I only used 1 coupon too, there was nothing unusual about my order.

*Edit* I called and the situation is fixed. They are shipping it to me at the presale price. They don't know what happened, apparently Boxing Day and Christmas was busy, but that doesn't mean that those that bought later should receive it sooner than I did (placed order on Dec 1). Also, the original coupon could not be reapplied, I'll have to get it in the form of a credit refund after 7-10 business days. =/
Aug 26, 2015
308 posts
434 upvotes
Toronto, ON
silverele wrote: Same thing happened to me! I was wondering why they took the picture out of the order page, now I know. Do you know what I want to change my order to? I want to change it to the exact same Amazon Echo that's in stock at the price that I originally agreed to purchase it at.

I didn't think that Staples would be this shady, but I guess you can never drop too low. I only used 1 coupon too, there was nothing unusual about my order.

*Edit* I called and the situation is fixed. They are shipping it to me at the presale price. They don't know what happened, apparently Boxing Day and Christmas was busy, but that doesn't mean that those that bought later should receive it sooner than I did (placed order on Dec 1). Also, the original coupon could not be reapplied, I'll have to get it in the form of a credit refund after 7-10 business days. =/
Glad it worked out for you too. For me, i also had a $20 off $75 on the pre-sale price, so I didn't want to lose out on the extra savings. I tried the chat and they denied me so i called it in, and put on the charm. They matched the price, the pre-sale price, then they will refund me $22.60, equivalent of the $20 off coupon. So everybody's happy now.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18226 posts
36615 upvotes
Scarborough
I forgot that my order for 2 Echo Dot's was stuck in limbo so I contacted them again a few days ago. They said someone from order fulfilment would contact me in 24-48 hours. Today I get a random phone call from a delivery driver asking if I was home. Took 2 months but I finally got my 2 Dot's for $60. I'm happy.
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)